* [U-Boot] u-boot patch submission
@ 2010-08-11  1:53 Tirumala Marri
From: Tirumala Marri @ 2010-08-11  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

It has been a while I submitted u-boot patches. Can someone please send me
updated guide lines.

Thanks in Advance,

Marri

* [U-Boot] u-boot patch submission
@ 2010-08-11  2:22 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2010-08-11  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Tirumala Marri wrote:
> It has been a while I submitted u-boot patches. Can someone please send me
> updated guide lines.

u-boot has a doc wiki.  i suggest you start there.
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/WebHome
-mike

* [U-Boot] u-boot patch submission
@ 2010-08-11  3:50 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2010-08-11  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Tirumala Marri,

In message <1f0a61861c6ba89e0172a79d5a564892@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> It has been a while I submitted u-boot patches. Can someone please send me
> updated guide lines.

Please see the "Patches" page in the U-Boot wiki.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Life and death are seldom logical."
"But attaining a desired goal always is."
	-- McCoy and Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2821.7

* [U-Boot] u-boot patch submission
@ 2010-08-11 21:43   ` Tirumala Marri
From: Tirumala Marri @ 2010-08-11 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

>>Please see the "Patches" page in the U-Boot wiki.
Thanks. Question on line length 80 in some files. Some of the config
(EX:include/configs/Canyonlands.h) files
has lines longer than 80 characters. Does newly added config files can
still have lines longer than 80 ?
Or should I trim ?

Regards,
Marri

* [U-Boot] u-boot patch submission
@ 2010-08-11 22:02     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2010-08-11 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Tirumala Marri,

In message <d6b6cb343cdc0d98c99c28efd3315e0f@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >>Please see the "Patches" page in the U-Boot wiki.
> Thanks. Question on line length 80 in some files. Some of the config
> (EX:include/configs/Canyonlands.h) files
> has lines longer than 80 characters. Does newly added config files can
> still have lines longer than 80 ?

Yes, there are lots of bad examples around. There is even a chance
that the review process misses it if you use too long lines - but you
risk a reject, so better follow the rules and do not use too long
lines.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de