* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
       [not found] <mailman.1.1281002401.15834.b.a.t.m.a.n@lists.open-mesh.org>
@ 2010-08-11 10:47 ` Tim
From: Tim @ 2010-08-11 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hello,

first of all I'd like to say thanks for your fast replies.
I'm not very used to using Linux so this is a little tricky to me.

First of all I'm going to show you the way I compiled an image
containing batman-adv (that's the way it used to work before) for WRT54GL:

Step1: Check out the backfire repository:
"svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/backfire"

Step2: Change to backfire-folder
"cd backfire"

Step3: Adding the Batman-Adv module
"./scripts/feeds update"
"./scripts/feeds install kmod-batman-adv"

Step4: Configure the Image using:
"make menuconfig"
Here I select "Broadcom BCM947xx/953xx" with 2.6 kernel as Target System
and add the batman-package in "Image Configuration -
 > Kernel Modules -> Network Support"

Step4: Compiling the Image
Step5: Transferring the image, changing the password via telnet and the
connecting via SSH
Step6: Editing the config files using uci:
"root@OpenWrt:~# uci delete wireless.radio0.disabled
root@OpenWrt:~# uci delete wireless.@wifi-iface[0].network
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless. radio0.channel=1
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].mode=adhoc
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ssid=mesh
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].bssid=02:12:34:56:78:9A
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.lan.mtu=1500
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.lan.ifname="eth0.0 bat0"
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0=interface
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0.ifname=wlan0
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0.proto=none
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0.mtu=1524
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0=interface
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0.ifname=bat0
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0.proto=none
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0.mtu=1500
root@OpenWrt:~# uci commit
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/network restart"

After restarting the network the console says: "segmentation fault" and
freezes. When doing "reboot" instead the device also freezes and the
power-led keeps flashing.
I also tried only changing the config in /etc/config/wireless and
restarted the device, with the same effect.

In order to make sure the error isn't related to any errors while
compiling the image, I compiled an Image without the batman-adv package.
After that I was able to configure the router as usual without any freezes.

As I already mentioned I'm not very used to Linux, so I have not yet
found a way to connect to the router with serial console without
building an JTAG-Cable. Is that right?

Greetings,
Tim

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-11 11:14   ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2010-08-11 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi,

> Step6: Editing the config files using uci:
> "root@OpenWrt:~# uci delete wireless.radio0.disabled
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci delete wireless.@wifi-iface[0].network
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless. radio0.channel=1
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].mode=adhoc
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ssid=mesh
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].bssid=02:12:34:56:78:9A
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.lan.mtu=1500
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.lan.ifname="eth0.0 bat0"
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0=interface
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0.ifname=wlan0
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0.proto=none
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.wlan0.mtu=1524

You don't seem to modify the batman-adv settings. Could you post the batman-
adv config file, so that we can see whether it fits the rest of your uci
configuration ?

> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0=interface
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0.ifname=bat0
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0.proto=none
> root@OpenWrt:~# uci set network.bat0.mtu=1500

I'm not sure what this will do. Any reason to set these values ?

> root@OpenWrt:~# uci commit
> root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/network restart"
>
> After restarting the network the console says: "segmentation fault" and
> freezes. When doing "reboot" instead the device also freezes and the
> power-led keeps flashing.
> I also tried only changing the config in /etc/config/wireless and
> restarted the device, with the same effect.

With "uci commit" you save these settings permanently which then get loaded at
boot time. If these settings crash your device it is save to assume that this
happens with each boot attempt.  :-)

> In order to make sure the error isn't related to any errors while
> compiling the image, I compiled an Image without the batman-adv package.
> After that I was able to configure the router as usual without any freezes.

Before you try the next "/etc/init.d/network restart" could you please check
whether the batman-adv module is loaded (using 'lsmod') and whether any
interfaces are active (using 'batctl if'). The batman-adv version would be
also interesting to know (can be found in the system log -> 'logread').
At this point I don't see how a "network restart" is related to batman.

> As I already mentioned I'm not very used to Linux, so I have not yet
> found a way to connect to the router with serial console without
> building an JTAG-Cable. Is that right?

Yes, you will need a corresponding cable and pins on the board to connect it
to. A WRT54GL probably does not have the pins which means you would need to
solder it yourself.

Regards,
Marek

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-11 11:20   ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-11 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1553 bytes --]

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 12:47:43 Tim wrote:
[...]
> After restarting the network the console says: "segmentation fault" and
> freezes. When doing "reboot" instead the device also freezes and the
> power-led keeps flashing.
> I also tried only changing the config in /etc/config/wireless and
> restarted the device, with the same effect.
>
> In order to make sure the error isn't related to any errors while
> compiling the image, I compiled an Image without the batman-adv package.
> After that I was able to configure the router as usual without any freezes.

Thanks for the steps to reproduce. That should help a little bit.

I don't have hardware here at the moment to test it. So cannot tell what the
problem may be. Maybe another person has some free time to test it and check
for a possible problem (but I don't think that anyone active has a WRT54GL).

what you could try is to setup the stuff by yourself using
 http://open-mesh.net/wiki/batman-adv-quick-start-guide and test which command
may cause the problem (when it is batman-adv related).

> As I already mentioned I'm not very used to Linux, so I have not yet
> found a way to connect to the router with serial console without
> building an JTAG-Cable. Is that right?

No, JTAG and serial port are completely unrelated:
http://nuwiki.openwrt.org/oldwiki/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Linksys/WRT54GL#serial.port

But yes, you must build something. But it is highly recommended to have some
serial console on embedded devices anyway.

Best regards,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-11 14:23     ` Tim
From: Tim @ 2010-08-11 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

On 11.08.2010 13:20, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
[...]

> what you could try is to setup the stuff by yourself using
>   http://open-mesh.net/wiki/batman-adv-quick-start-guide  and test which command
> may cause the problem (when it is batman-adv related).

I tried to configure it as described in the guide and I think I some
kind of found the problem:

Before being able to add wlan0 to the batman interfaces, I need to
create the interface wlan0 and to remove "option disabled 1" from
/etc/config/wireless, because otherwise wlan will be disabled by default.

Way1: When removing "option disabled 1" first and then doing
"/etc/init.d/network restart" I get the following message:
"root@OpenWrt:/# /etc/init.d/network restart
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
Sending discover...
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Segmentation fault
Failed to start hostapd for phy0
root@OpenWrt:/# Sending discover...
Sending discover..."

When rebooting the whole device it freezes as already described.

Way 2: When adding the interface wlan0 before enableing radio0 and then
doing "/etc/init.d/network restart" the following output appears:
"config interface wlan0
         option type     interface
         option ifname   "wlan0"
         option proto    none

root@OpenWrt:/# /etc/init.d/network restart
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
'radio0' is disabled
'radio0' is disabled
root@OpenWrt:/# Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover..."

That's clear, enabeling the interface without radio0 running is impossible.
After that the devices reboots as it should.
Enableing radio0 after that and then doing "etc/init.d/network restart"
the output changes a little bit:

"root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/network restart
Received SIGTERM
Entering released state
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
Sending discover...
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Segmentation fault
Failed to start hostapd for phy0
root@OpenWrt:~# Sending discover...
Sending discover..."

So for me the problem seems to be related to radio0. Trying that with
the image I compiled without adding batman-adv, enabeling radio0 is
working fine.

With best regards,
Tim

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-11 14:52       ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-11 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 2146 bytes --]

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 16:23:22 Tim wrote:
> On 11.08.2010 13:20, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> [...]
>
> > what you could try is to setup the stuff by yourself using
> >
> >   http://open-mesh.net/wiki/batman-adv-quick-start-guide  and test which
> >   command
> >
> > may cause the problem (when it is batman-adv related).
>
> I tried to configure it as described in the guide and I think I some
> kind of found the problem:
>
> Before being able to add wlan0 to the batman interfaces, I need to
> create the interface wlan0 and to remove "option disabled 1" from
> /etc/config/wireless, because otherwise wlan will be disabled by default.
>
> Way1: When removing "option disabled 1" first and then doing
> "/etc/init.d/network restart" I get the following message:
> "root@OpenWrt:/# /etc/init.d/network restart
> udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
> Sending discover...
> Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
> Segmentation fault
> Failed to start hostapd for phy0
> root@OpenWrt:/# Sending discover...
> Sending discover..."

So you mean that the device has radio0 and wlan0, but not bat0 configured? And
still it crashes? Is batman-adv loaded or unloaded completely in that
situation (check `lsmod` output)?

It is not clear to me how batman-adv is involved when it is not loaded. But it
is somewhat active when it is only loaded, but bat0 is not configured...
because it has netdev notification enabled - which means that it gets informed
about added and removed (and some other things) devices. It is maybe related
to that.

If it is loaded, but doesn't get configured when it crashes then please onload
batman-adv using `rmmod batman-adv` and try to restart the network (without
the batman-adv stuff loaded or configured).

By the way, you seem to have shell access after that segfault. Could you
please post the `dmesg` output after that segfault - thanks.

And please don't forget to write the complete version number of batman-adv
which you are using (I can guess it using the backfire branch, but it is safer
to get that information from you).

Best regards,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-21  8:15   ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-21  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 383 bytes --]

On Saturday 21 August 2010 10:09:20 Tim wrote:
> the patch seems to work. Just did some basic testing and was able to
> build up a network, even with the devices running older versions.
> I will continue testing within the next few days, but now I need to
> focus on creating a presentation for Wednesday.

Thanks for testing and good luck on your presentation.

Best regards,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
       [not found] <mailman.33.1282337388.934.b.a.t.m.a.n@lists.open-mesh.org>
@ 2010-08-21  8:09 ` Tim
From: Tim @ 2010-08-21  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hi everybody,

> Ok, could you please try the attached patch? Just add it to the other patches
> (you can omit 03-... after a successful test. But it may reveal interesting
> information if that wasn't the actual problem). Don't forget to cleanup your
> openwrt build environment.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Sven

the patch seems to work. Just did some basic testing and was able to
build up a network, even with the devices running older versions.
I will continue testing within the next few days, but now I need to
focus on creating a presentation for Wednesday.

I also added the output of dmesg:

root@OpenWrt:/# dmesg
Linux version 2.6.32.16 (tim@atze) (gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC) ) #1 Fri Aug
20 20:56:09 CEST 2010
CPU revision is: 00029008 (Broadcom BCM3302)
ssb: Core 0 found: ChipCommon (cc 0x800, rev 0x0E, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Core 1 found: Fast Ethernet (cc 0x806, rev 0x09, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Core 2 found: MIPS 3302 (cc 0x816, rev 0x06, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Core 3 found: USB 1.1 Host (cc 0x817, rev 0x02, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Core 4 found: MEMC SDRAM (cc 0x80F, rev 0x01, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Core 5 found: IEEE 802.11 (cc 0x812, rev 0x09, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Core 6 found: Roboswitch (cc 0x81C, rev 0x02, vendor 0x4243)
ssb: Initializing MIPS core...
ssb: set_irq: core 0x0806, irq 4 => 4
ssb: set_irq: core 0x0816, irq 5 => 2
ssb: set_irq: core 0x0812, irq 2 => 5
ssb: after irq reconfiguration
ssb: core 0x0800, irq : 2(S)  3* 4  5  6  D  I
ssb: core 0x0806, irq : 2(S)  3  4* 5  6  D  I
ssb: core 0x0816, irq : 2(S)* 3  4  5  6  D  I
ssb: core 0x0817, irq : 2(S)  3  4  5  6* D  I
ssb: core 0x080f, irq : 2(S)  3  4  5  6  D  I*
ssb: core 0x0812, irq : 2(S)  3  4  5* 6  D  I
ssb: core 0x081c, irq : 2(S)  3  4  5  6  D  I*
ssb: Sonics Silicon Backplane found at address 0x18000000
Serial init done.
Determined physical RAM map:
  memory: 01000000 @ 00000000 (usable)
Initrd not found or empty - disabling initrd
Zone PFN ranges:
   Normal   0x00000000 -> 0x00001000
Movable zone start PFN for each node
early_node_map[1] active PFN ranges
     0: 0x00000000 -> 0x00001000
On node 0 totalpages: 4096
free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat 802a5b50, node_mem_map 802eb000
   Normal zone: 32 pages used for memmap
   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
   Normal zone: 4064 pages, LIFO batch:0
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping off.  Total pages: 4064
Kernel command line: root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2
noinitrd console=ttyS0,115200
PID hash table entries: 64 (order: -4, 256 bytes)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Primary instruction cache 16kB, VIPT, 2-way, linesize 16 bytes.
Primary data cache 8kB, 2-way, VIPT, no aliases, linesize 16 bytes
Memory: 13236k/16384k available (2231k kernel code, 3148k reserved, 476k
data, 136k init, 0k highmem)
Hierarchical RCU implementation.
NR_IRQS:128
console [ttyS0] enabled
Calibrating delay loop... 199.16 BogoMIPS (lpj=398336)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
NET: Registered protocol family 16
bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
Switching to clocksource MIPS
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP route cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
TCP reno registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
Registering mini_fo version $Id$
JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) (SUMMARY)  © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
msgmni has been set to 25
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler deadline registered (default)
Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 2 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
serial8250: ttyS0 at MMIO 0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
serial8250: ttyS1 at MMIO 0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO 0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
flash init: 0x1c000000 0x02000000
Physically mapped flash: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0x400000 for the chip at 0x0
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0x800000 for the chip at 0x0
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0xc00000 for the chip at 0x0
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0x1000000 for the chip at 0x0
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0x1400000 for the chip at 0x0
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0x1800000 for the chip at 0x0
Physically mapped flash: Found an alias at 0x1c00000 for the chip at 0x0
  CFI mfr 0x000000c2
  CFI id  0x000022a8
  Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table at 0x0040
   Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query version 1.1.
number of CFI chips: 1
cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling erase-suspend-program due to code brokenness.
Flash device: 0x400000 at 0x1fc00000
bootloader size: 262144
Creating 4 MTD partitions on "Physically mapped flash":
0x000000000000-0x000000040000 : "cfe"
0x000000040000-0x0000003f0000 : "linux"
0x000000122c00-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs"
mtd: partition "rootfs" must either start or end on erase block boundary
or be smaller than an erase block -- forcing read-only
mtd: partition "rootfs" set to be root filesystem
mtd: partition "rootfs_data" created automatically, ofs=2A0000, len=150000
0x0000002a0000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs_data"
0x0000003f0000-0x000000400000 : "nvram"
b44.c:v2.0
eth0: Broadcom 44xx/47xx 10/100BaseT Ethernet 00:25:9c:3c:46:04
BCM47xx Watchdog Timer enabled (30 seconds, nowayout)
TCP westwood registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>
All bugs added by David S. Miller <davem@redhat.com>
VFS: Mounted root (squashfs filesystem) readonly on device 31:2.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 136k freed
Please be patient, while OpenWrt loads ...
diag: Detected 'Linksys WRT54G/GS/GL'
b44: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex.
b44: eth0: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.
roboswitch: Probing device eth0: found a 5325! It's a 5350.
mini_fo: using base directory: /
mini_fo: using storage directory: /overlay
b44: eth0: powering down PHY
b44: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex.
b44: eth0: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.
device eth0.0 entered promiscuous mode
device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
br-lan: port 1(eth0.0) entering forwarding state
Compat-wireless backport release: compat-wireless-2010-07-13-4-g04898a5
Backport based on wireless-2.6.git v2.6.35-rc6-48432-gdce358e
cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
b43-phy0: Broadcom 5352 WLAN found (core revision 9)
cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
     (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)
     (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
     (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
     (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
     (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
     (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel'
Registered led device: b43-phy0::tx
Registered led device: b43-phy0::rx
Registered led device: b43-phy0::radio
Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PL, Firmware-ID: FW13 ]
Broadcom 43xx-legacy driver loaded [ Features: PLID, Firmware-ID: FW10 ]
PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
NET: Registered protocol family 24
nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (208 buckets, 832 max)
batman-adv-dbg: go through if_list
batman-adv-dbg: final min_mtu is 1500
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 80845c00
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 80845c00 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if (null) for net_dev 80845c00
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 80845c00
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if (null) for net_dev 80845c00
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 8086f000
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 8086f000 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: added net_device 8086f000 to if_list as 8042b900
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b900 for net_dev 8086f000
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 8086f000
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b900 for net_dev 8086f000
batman-adv-dbg: hardif_activate_interface(8054eec0, 8042b900)
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 80f0d800
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 80f0d800 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: added net_device 80f0d800 to if_list as 8042b880
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b880 for net_dev 80f0d800
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 80f0d800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b880 for net_dev 80f0d800
batman-adv-dbg: hardif_activate_interface(8054eec0, 8042b880)
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 808e9000
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 808e9000 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: added net_device 808e9000 to if_list as 8042b800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b800 for net_dev 808e9000
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 808e9000
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b800 for net_dev 808e9000
batman-adv-dbg: hardif_activate_interface(8054eec0, 8042b800)
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 80d03000
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 80d03000 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: added net_device 80d03000 to if_list as 8042b780
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b780 for net_dev 80d03000
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 80d03000
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b780 for net_dev 80d03000
batman-adv-dbg: hardif_activate_interface(8054eec0, 8042b780)
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 80c74800 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: added net_device 80c74800 to if_list as 8042b700
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b700 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 8054ec00
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 8054ec00 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if (null) for net_dev 8054ec00
batman-adv:B.A.T.M.A.N. advanced 2010.0.0 (compatibility version 8) loaded
batman-adv-dbg: got event 13 for net_dev 8054ec00
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if (null) for net_dev 8054ec00
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 8054ec00
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if (null) for net_dev 8054ec00
device bat0 entered promiscuous mode
br-lan: port 2(bat0) entering forwarding state
batman-adv-dbg: got event 6 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042b700 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: hardif_remove_interface(8042b700)
batman-adv-dbg: will remove batman_if 8042b700
batman-adv-dbg: putted netdev 80c74800 of batman_if 8042b700
batman-adv-dbg: removed batman_if 8042b700
batman-adv-dbg: got event 5 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: will add net_device 80c74800 to if_list
batman-adv-dbg: added net_device 80c74800 to if_list as 8042be80
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042be80 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got event 8 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042be80 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got event 13 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042be80 for net_dev 80c74800
b43-phy0: Loading firmware version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
batman-adv-dbg: got event 1 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042be80 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: hardif_activate_interface(8054eec0, 8042be80)
batman-adv-dbg: got event 7 for net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: got batman_if 8042be80 for net_dev 80c74800
wlan0: Creating new IBSS network, BSSID 02:12:34:56:78:9a
batman-adv:Adding interface: wlan0
batman-adv:Interface activated: wlan0
batman-adv-dbg: update_min_mtu for softdevice 8054ec00
batman-adv-dbg: go through if_list
batman-adv-dbg: check batman_if 8042b900
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b900 has status 0
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b900 round got min_mtu 1500
batman-adv-dbg: check batman_if 8042b880
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b880 has status 0
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b880 round got min_mtu 1500
batman-adv-dbg: check batman_if 8042b800
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b800 has status 0
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b800 round got min_mtu 1500
batman-adv-dbg: check batman_if 8042b780
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b780 has status 0
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042b780 round got min_mtu 1500
batman-adv-dbg: check batman_if 8042be80
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042be80 has status 4
batman-adv-dbg: compare batman_if 8042be80 with net_dev 80c74800
batman-adv-dbg: compare batman_if 8042be80 with 1524 against 1500
batman-adv-dbg: batman_if 8042be80 round got min_mtu 1500
batman-adv-dbg: final min_mtu is 1500
batman-adv-dbg: found min_mtu 1500
[...]
root@OpenWrt:/#

Greetings,
Tim

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
       [not found]       ` <4C6F5950.8070204@bb.banban.jp>
@ 2010-08-21  6:19         ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-21  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kazuki Shimada; +Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1035 bytes --]

On Saturday 21 August 2010 06:42:56 Kazuki Shimada wrote:
>   Hi, Sven Eckelmann.
>
> Sorry to be late to reply.
>
> > @Lemonde, it seems that you have the same problem. The patch will appear
> > on the ml later. But please also add the other patches I'd suggested.
>
> Thank you for your reply and patches.
> I applied the patches. (It seems batman-adv-devel is a little defferent
> from batman-adv, so I made patches to fit to batman-adv-devel on
> buildroot. hope I didn't mistake :- )
> The result is the same before. But this report has already obsolete.
> I'll try your next patches.

Actually these patches are for devel aka the trunk. The patches I send to Tim
were for v2010.0.0. Please check if you really use the latest version of
batman-adv from trunk (see mareks reply to your message).

The trunk (r1776) has nearly all patches I've send around in the last week (at
least it should not have the problems you've experienced). Please try that
revision and please report back.

thanks,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-20 15:38       ` Sven Eckelmann
       [not found]       ` <4C6F5950.8070204@bb.banban.jp>
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-20 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim, b.a.t.m.a.n

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 430 bytes --]

Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> I haven't wrote that code... so it may take a little bit until I feel in
> the right mood to hunt it real down.

Ok, could you please try the attached patch? Just add it to the other patches
(you can omit 03-... after a successful test. But it may reveal interesting
information if that wasn't the actual problem). Don't forget to cleanup your
openwrt build environment.

Best regards,
	Sven

[-- Attachment #1.2: 04-mac_packet_buff_check.patch --]

diff --git a/hard-interface.c b/hard-interface.c
index 60e8a56..65a4a54 100644
--- a/hard-interface.c
+++ b/hard-interface.c
@@ -129,6 +129,9 @@ static bool hardif_is_iface_up(struct batman_if *batman_if)

 static void update_mac_addresses(struct batman_if *batman_if)
 {
+	if (!batman_if || !batman_if->packet_buff)
+		return;
+
 	addr_to_string(batman_if->addr_str, batman_if->net_dev->dev_addr);

 	memcpy(((struct batman_packet *)(batman_if->packet_buff))->orig,
@@ -339,6 +342,7 @@ static struct batman_if *hardif_add_interface(struct net_device *net_dev)
 	batman_if->if_num = -1;
 	batman_if->net_dev = net_dev;
 	batman_if->if_status = IF_NOT_IN_USE;
+	batman_if->packet_buff = NULL;
 	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&batman_if->list);

 	check_known_mac_addr(batman_if->net_dev->dev_addr);

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
       [not found]   ` <4C6E8B79.7040801@web.de>
@ 2010-08-20 14:44     ` Sven Eckelmann
       [not found]       ` <4C6F5950.8070204@bb.banban.jp>
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-20 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim; +Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 17388 bytes --]

Tim wrote:
> [...]
> tls=00000000)
> Stack : 80e7ae80 80fd1000 8058c8f4 00000008 80e7ae80 80588bb8 803d02a8
> 80e7ae80
>          80fd1000 0000405a 00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80fd1000 00000008
> 8004343c
>          00000500 00001805 000000bf 00000b3b 00000000 80fd1000 7f93b8e0
> 00000000
>          8070fe18 800435d8 80d35004 8073ff98 802ffc60 00000000 00000000
> ffffffed
>          80fd1000 801a9450 802e6c90 801aa478 00000000 00000054 00008924
> 00008924
> Call Trace:
> [<80588300>] update_min_mtu+0x204/0x31c [batman_adv]
>

> Code: 24c50006  88820003  98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004
> a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
> Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

> PS: Soll ich die nächsten Mails wieder auf Englisch an die Mailingliste

Yes, let's switch back to the ml. The the bug can be checked more easily now.
The problem is that the compiler optimizes it a little bit.... too much. So
the backtrace isn't always clear. If I understand the output (and the output
of Lemonde) correctly then we have the problem with the changeaddr event and
not the mtu update as the backtrace would suggest.

Now it really makes fun again to debug those things :D

I haven't wrote that code... so it may take a little bit until I feel in the
right mood to hunt it real down.

Thanks a lot for your help in debugging it. Your name will definitely appear
in the kernel changelog.

@ 2010-08-18  6:42 Tim
       [not found] ` <201008201211.51847.sven.eckelmann@gmx.de>
From: Tim @ 2010-08-18  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hello,
sorry I didn't notice the two other patches Marek sent. So as you
noticed I only tested the first patch.
I recompiled the batman-package with the two new patches integrated.
I repeated the steps I did with the last patch:
1) I patched the Batman-Package.
2) I uninstalled the old package and rebooted the device.
3) I transferred the new Batman package onto the device via scp,
installed the package and restarted again.
4) I checked wether batman is running using lsmod: It is....
5) I checked the return of "batctl if" and got no return. Then I checked:
"root@OpenWrt:~# batctl o
BATMAN mesh bat0 disabled - please specify interfaces to enable it"

Then I continued in several ways, and noticed that the error can occure
at different events. To keep it most realistic I not only enabled
radio0, but changed the mode to adhoc:
"/etc/config/wireless:
config wifi-device  radio0
         option type     mac80211
         option channel  5
         option macaddr  00:25:9c:3c:46:06
         option hwmode   11g
config wifi-iface
         option device   radio0
         option mode     adhoc
         option ssid     OpenWrt
         option encryption none"

Then I restarted the network, without an error. This also doesn't show
an error, when keeping the mode on "ap".

root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/network restart
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
Sending discover...
root@OpenWrt:~# Sending discover...
Sending discover...

Then I tried serveral ways to continue, which all end in segmentation
faults, wehen doing network restarts or freezing the device when rebooting.
Here is a list of what I tried:
- Adding wlan0 to batman-interface (although it already is in the config
file, it only shows in batctl after adding it with "batctl if add
wlan0") and then doing ab network restart
- Just doing a reboot, the device freezes on startup.
- Adding an wlan interface in /etc/config/network/ with an mtu of 1524
and then restarting the network. here is the dmesg and logread for that
situation:

root@OpenWrt:~# dmesg
Linux version 2.6.32.16 (tim@atze) (gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC) ) #1 Thu Aug
12 14:49:00 CEST 2010
[...]
wlan0: Creating new IBSS network, BSSID da:98:a2:73:a5:fa
br-lan: port 1(eth0.0) entering disabled state
device eth0 left promiscuous mode
device eth0.0 left promiscuous mode
br-lan: port 1(eth0.0) entering disabled state
device eth0.0 entered promiscuous mode
device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
br-lan: port 1(eth0.0) entering forwarding state
b43-phy0: Loading firmware version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
b43-phy0: Loading firmware version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address
00003aa1, epc == 805a8260, ra == 805a8248
Oops[#1]:
Cpu 0
$ 0   : 00000000 10009800 3c9c2500 80f2e800
$ 4   : 803c7408 00003a9e 00003a98 00000000
$ 8   : 00000004 00000001 8029fd20 00000001
$12   : 0000000f 8023a728 ffffffff 80769bc8
$16   : 80d51580 80f2e800 805ac3c4 8058eec0
$20   : 00000008 00460eb4 7fcfc860 00000000
$24   : 0000003c 8f1bbcdc
$28   : 80768000 80769d58 00000000 805a8248
Hi    : 00000369
Lo    : 00001be5
epc   : 805a8260 update_min_mtu+0x244/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
     Not tainted
ra    : 805a8248 update_min_mtu+0x22c/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
Cause : 0080000c
BadVA : 00003aa1
PrId  : 00029008 (Broadcom BCM3302)
Modules linked in: batman_adv nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp nf_nat_irc
nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat
nf_nat xt_NOTRACK iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4
nf_conntrack pppoe pppox ipt_REJECT xt_TCPMSS ipt_LOG xt_comment
xt_multiport xt_mac xt_limit iptable_mangle iptable_filter ip_tables
xt_tcpudp x_tables ppp_async ppp_generic slhc b43legacy b43 mac80211
crc_ccitt cfg80211 compat_firmware_class compat arc4 aes_generic deflate
ecb cbc switch_robo switch_core diag
Process ifconfig (pid: 1959, threadinfo=80768000, task=80c19a58,
tls=00000000)
Stack : 80d51580 80f2e800 805ac3c4 8058eec0 80d51580 805a8acc 803182a8
fffffff2
         00000000 80f2e800 00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80f2e800 00000008
8004343c
         000335d0 80049600 8029b000 80769da0 00000000 80f2e800 7fcfc8e0
00000000
         80769e18 800435d8 80ca7004 80763da0 802ffa40 00000000 00000000
ffffffed
         80f2e800 801a93c4 802e6c90 801aa3ec 00000000 00000054 00008924
00008924
Call Trace:
[<805a8260>] update_min_mtu+0x244/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
[<805a8248>] update_min_mtu+0x22c/0x3b0 [batman_adv]

Code: 24c50006  88820003  98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004
a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

root@OpenWrt:~# logread
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: PID hash table entries: 64
(order: -4, 256 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Dentry cache hash table
entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Inode-cache hash table
entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Primary instruction cache
16kB, VIPT, 2-way, linesize 16 bytes.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Primary data cache 8kB, 2-way,
VIPT, no aliases, linesize 16 bytes
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Memory: 13236k/16384k
available (2231k kernel code, 3148k reserved, 476k data, 136k init, 0k
highmem)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Hierarchical RCU implementation.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NR_IRQS:128
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: console [ttyS0] enabled
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Calibrating delay loop...
199.16 BogoMIPS (lpj=398336)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Mount-cache hash table
entries: 512
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 16
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Switching to clocksource MIPS
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 2
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: IP route cache hash table
entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP established hash table
entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP bind hash table entries:
512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP: Hash tables configured
(established 512 bind 512)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP reno registered
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 1
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: squashfs: version 4.0
(2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Registering mini_fo version $Id$
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND)
(SUMMARY)  © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: msgmni has been set to 25
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: io scheduler noop registered
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: io scheduler deadline
registered (default)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 2
ports, IRQ sharing enabled
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250: ttyS0 at MMIO
0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250: ttyS1 at MMIO
0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO
0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO
0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: flash init: 0x1c000000 0x02000000
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Physically mapped flash: Found
1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x400000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x800000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0xc00000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1000000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1400000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1800000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1c00000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:  Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query
Table at 0x0040
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: number of CFI chips: 1
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling
erase-suspend-program due to code brokenness.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Flash device: 0x400000 at
0x1fc00000
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: bootloader size: 262144
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Creating 4 MTD partitions on
"Physically mapped flash":
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000000000-0x000000040000 : "cfe"
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000040000-0x0000003f0000 : "linux"
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000122c00-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs"
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs" must
either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase
block -- forcing read-only
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs" set
to be root filesystem
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs_data"
created automatically, ofs=2A0000, len=150000
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x0000002a0000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs_data"
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x0000003f0000-0x000000400000 : "nvram"
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44.c:v2.0
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: eth0: Broadcom 44xx/47xx
10/100BaseT Ethernet 00:25:9c:3c:46:04
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: BCM47xx Watchdog Timer enabled
(30 seconds, nowayout)
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP westwood registered
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 17
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben
Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: All bugs added by David S.
Miller <davem@redhat.com>
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: VFS: Mounted root (squashfs
filesystem) readonly on device 31:2.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Freeing unused kernel memory:
136k freed
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Please be patient, while
OpenWrt loads ...
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: diag: Detected 'Linksys
WRT54G/GS/GL'
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Link is up at 100
Mbps, full duplex.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Flow control is off
for TX and off for RX.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: roboswitch: Probing device
eth0: found a 5325! It's a 5350.
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using base directory: /
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using storage
directory: /overlay
Jan  1 00:00:15 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: powering down PHY
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Link is up at 100
Mbps, full duplex.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Flow control is off
for TX and off for RX.
Jan  1 00:00:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:00:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:00:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:00:20 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Compat-wireless backport
release: compat-wireless-2010-07-13-4-g04898a5
Jan  1 00:00:20 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Backport based on
wireless-2.6.git v2.6.35-rc6-48432-gdce358e
Jan  1 00:00:21 OpenWrt user.info kernel: cfg80211: Calling CRDA to
update world regulatory domain
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel: cfg80211: World regulatory
domain updated:
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (start_freq - end_freq @
bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz
@ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz
@ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz
@ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz
@ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz
@ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:26 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Broadcom 5352 WLAN
found (core revision 9)
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: phy0: Selected rate control
algorithm 'minstrel'
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::tx
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::rx
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::radio
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [
Features: PL, Firmware-ID: FW13 ]
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Broadcom 43xx-legacy driver
loaded [ Features: PLID, Firmware-ID: FW10 ]
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006
Netfilter Core Team
Jan  1 00:00:29 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 24
Jan  1 00:00:29 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: nf_conntrack version 0.5.0
(208 buckets, 832 max)
Jan  1 00:00:31 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:B.A.T.M.A.N.
advanced 2010.0.0 (compatibility version 8) loaded
Jan  1 00:00:32 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: 'radio0' is disabled
Jan  1 00:00:33 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: 'radio0' is disabled
Jan  1 00:00:35 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading defaults
Jan  1 00:00:36 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading synflood protection
Jan  1 00:00:36 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Adding custom chains
Jan  1 00:00:37 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading zones
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading forwarding
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading redirects
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading rules
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading includes
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading zone defaults
Jan  1 00:00:39 OpenWrt user.notice root: adding lan (br-lan) to
firewall zone lan
Jan  1 00:00:40 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[837]: Running in background
Jan  1 00:00:41 OpenWrt user.notice dnsmasq: DNS rebinding protection is
active, will discard upstream RFC1918 responses!
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: started, version 2.55
cachesize 150
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: compile time options:
IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-I18N DHCP TFTP
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: using local addresses
only for domain lan
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[857]: no servers found in
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto, will retry
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: read /etc/hosts - 1
addresses
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Can't add interface wlan0 -
ignoring
Jan  1 00:00:55 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[870]: Child connection
from 192.168.1.2:57740
Jan  1 00:00:58 OpenWrt authpriv.notice dropbear[870]: password auth
succeeded for 'root' from 192.168.1.2:57740
Jan  1 00:02:12 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[857]: failed to access
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto: No such file or directory
Jan  1 00:02:14 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:02:14 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:02:14 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 left promiscuous
mode
Jan  1 00:02:14 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:02:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:02:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:02:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:02:25 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:02:33 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: wlan0: Creating new IBSS
network, BSSID da:98:a2:73:a5:fa
Jan  1 00:06:43 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:43 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:43 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 left promiscuous
mode
Jan  1 00:06:43 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:51 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:51 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:51 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:06:53 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:06:54 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.alert kernel: CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel
paging request at virtual address 00003aa1, epc == 805a8260, ra == 805a8248
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Oops[#1]:
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Cpu 0
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 0   : 00000000 10009800
3c9c2500 80f2e800
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 4   : 803c7408 00003a9e
00003a98 00000000
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 8   : 00000004 00000001
8029fd20 00000001
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $12   : 0000000f 8023a728
ffffffff 80769bc8
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $16   : 80d51580 80f2e800
805ac3c4 8058eec0
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $20   : 00000008 00460eb4
7fcfc860 00000000
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $24   : 0000003c 8f1bbcdc
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $28   : 80768000 80769d58
00000000 805a8248
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Hi    : 00000369
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Lo    : 00001be5
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: epc   : 805a8260
update_min_mtu+0x244/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:     Not tainted
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: ra    : 805a8248
update_min_mtu+0x22c/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Status: 10009803    KERNEL EXL IE
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Cause : 0080000c
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: BadVA : 00003aa1
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: PrId  : 00029008 (Broadcom
BCM3302)
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Modules linked in: batman_adv
nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp nf_nat_irc nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp
nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat xt_NOTRACK
iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4 nf_conntrack
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Process ifconfig (pid: 1959,
threadinfo=80768000, task=80c19a58, tls=00000000)
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Stack : 80d51580 80f2e800
805ac3c4 8058eec0 80d51580 805a8acc 803182a8 fffffff2
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         00000000 80f2e800
00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80f2e800 00000008 8004343c
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         000335d0 80049600
8029b000 80769da0 00000000 80f2e800 7fcfc8e0 00000000
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         80769e18 800435d8
80ca7004 80763da0 802ffa40 00000000 00000000 ffffffed
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         80f2e800 801a93c4
802e6c90 801aa3ec 00000000 00000054 00008924 00008924
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         ...
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Call Trace:
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: [<805a8260>]
update_min_mtu+0x244/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: [<805a8248>]
update_min_mtu+0x22c/0x3b0 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Code: 24c50006  88820003
98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004  a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
Jan  1 00:07:01 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Disabling lock debugging due
to kernel taint
Jan  1 00:11:17 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[870]: exit after auth
(root): Disconnect received
Jan  1 00:11:26 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[1986]: Child connection
from 192.168.1.2:52064
Jan  1 00:11:29 OpenWrt authpriv.notice dropbear[1986]: password auth
succeeded for 'root' from 192.168.1.2:52064

Greetings,
Tim

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-17  9:51     ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-17  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim; +Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 783 bytes --]

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 11:45:40 Tim wrote:
> On 17.08.2010 11:27, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 August 2010 11:20:55 Tim wrote:
> >> So the patch seems to change the situation somehow, but the device keeps
> >> freezing!
> >
> > Which patch? There are two patches... and one patch in two different
> > versions.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > 	Sven
>
> I just noticed the patch Marek sent, so i used the patch Marek attatched.

Please test the other two which Marek also sent to you in response of his mail
with the first patch:

01-notify.patch
02-dev_hold.patch

Just add both at the same time and test again. Testing only one of both
doesn't make sense now after your initial test of the old version of
01-notify.patch.

thanks,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-17  9:45   ` Tim
From: Tim @ 2010-08-17  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

On 17.08.2010 11:27, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2010 11:20:55 Tim wrote:
>
>> So the patch seems to change the situation somehow, but the device keeps
>> freezing!
>>
> Which patch? There are two patches... and one patch in two different versions.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Sven

I just noticed the patch Marek sent, so i used the patch Marek attatched.

> Could you please copy the attached patch into your batman-advanced patches
> folder and verify whether it fixes your problem ? This document explains the
> location of that folder and how to rebuild the package:
> http://www.open-mesh.org/wiki/building-batman-adv-with-openwrt
>
> Regards,
> Marek

With best regards,
Tim

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-17  9:27 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-17  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 234 bytes --]

@ 2010-08-17  9:20 Tim
From: Tim @ 2010-08-17  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hello,

sorry for not respoing over the weekend, but I had no hardware to do the
testing.

So here is what I did:
1) I patched the Batman-Package.
2) I uninstalled the old package and rebooted the device.
3) I transferred the new Batman package onto the device via scp,
installed the package and restarted again.
4) I checked wether batman is running using lsmod: It is....
5) I checked the return of "batctl if" and got no return. Then I checked:
"root@OpenWrt:~# batctl o
BATMAN mesh bat0 disabled - please specify interfaces to enable it"
The batman-config file does have wlan0 as an interface, although.
6) I enabled radio0 by removing "option disabled 1" and restarted the
network. Here is what the Terminal showed:
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/network restart
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
Sending discover...
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 00:25:9c:3c:46:06 and ssid 'OpenWrt'
Sending discover...
root@OpenWrt:~# Sending discover...
7) After that I rebooted the whole device, but during booting the device
freezes again. But in contrast to before, the led which indicated wlan
being active, flashes for a short moment.

Then I repated the test doing the steps 2-6. After that I did the
following steps:
"root@OpenWrt:~# batctl if
root@OpenWrt:~# batctl o
BATMAN mesh bat0 disabled - please specify interfaces to enable it
root@OpenWrt:~# batctl if add wlan0
root@OpenWrt:~# batctl if
wlan0: active
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/network restart
Received SIGTERM
Entering released state
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
ifconfig: mon.wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
Sending discover...
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Segmentation fault
Failed to start hostapd for phy0
root@OpenWrt:~# Sending discover...
Sending discover...
root@OpenWrt:~# "

Here is what the logread says after that step:
"root@OpenWrt:~# logread
[...]
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Broadcom 5352 WLAN
found (core revision 9)
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: phy0: Selected rate control
algorithm 'minstrel'
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::tx
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::rx
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::radio
Jan  1 00:00:27 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [
Features: PL, Firmware-ID: FW13 ]
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Broadcom 43xx-legacy driver
[...]
Jan  1 00:00:40 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[838]: Running in background
Jan  1 00:00:41 OpenWrt user.notice dnsmasq: DNS rebinding protection is
active, will discard upstream RFC1918 responses!
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: started, version 2.55
cachesize 150
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: compile time options:
IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-I18N DHCP TFTP
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: using local addresses
only for domain lan
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[857]: no servers found in
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto, will retry
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[857]: read /etc/hosts - 1
addresses
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Can't add interface wlan0 -
ignoring
Jan  1 00:05:40 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[870]: Child connection
from 192.168.1.2:37260
Jan  1 00:05:43 OpenWrt authpriv.notice dropbear[870]: password auth
succeeded for 'root' from 192.168.1.2:37260
Jan  1 00:06:24 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[857]: failed to access
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto: No such file or directory
Jan  1 00:06:25 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:25 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:25 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 left promiscuous
mode
Jan  1 00:06:25 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:31 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:31 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:31 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:06:38 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:06:38 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:06:38 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device wlan0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:38 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
forwarding state
Jan  1 00:06:41 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device wlan0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:41 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:41 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device wlan0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:41 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
forwarding state
Jan  1 00:07:11 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Adding interface: wlan0
Jan  1 00:07:11 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Interface
activated: wlan0
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
disabled state
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Interface
deactivated: wlan0
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device wlan0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
disabled state
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 left promiscuous
mode
Jan  1 00:07:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:07:50 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:07:50 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:07:50 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:07:51 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Interface
activated: wlan0
Jan  1 00:07:51 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device wlan0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:07:51 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
forwarding state
Jan  1 00:07:54 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device wlan0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:07:54 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entering
disabled state
Jan  1 00:07:54 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Interface
deactivated: wlan0
Jan  1 00:07:55 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Removing interface:
wlan0
Jan  1 00:07:58 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.alert kernel: CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel
paging request at virtual address 00003aa1, epc == 805982f4, ra == 805982dc
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Oops[#1]:
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Cpu 0
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 0   : 00000000 10009800
3c9c2500 80c9c000
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 4   : 80495608 00003a9e
00003a98 00000000
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 8   : 00000004 00000001
8029fd20 00000001
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $12   : 0000000f 8023a728
ffffffff 80627bc8
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $16   : 80d21600 80c9c000
8059c344 8058aec0
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $20   : 00000008 7ff589d0
7ff58920 00000001
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $24   : 0000003c 8f1bbcdc
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $28   : 80626000 80627d58
00475028 805982dc
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Hi    : 0000006f
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Lo    : 7b6b4f00
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: epc   : 805982f4
update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:     Not tainted
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: ra    : 805982dc
update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Status: 10009803    KERNEL EXL IE
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Cause : 0080000c
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: BadVA : 00003aa1
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: PrId  : 00029008 (Broadcom
BCM3302)
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Modules linked in: batman_adv
nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp nf_nat_irc nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp
nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat xt_NOTRACK
iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4 nf_conntrack
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Process hostapd (pid: 1985,
threadinfo=80626000, task=80d644b0, tls=00000000)
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Stack : 80d21600 80c9c000
8059c344 8058aec0 80d21600 80598a78 803b42a8 fffffff2
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         00000000 80c9c000
00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80c9c000 00000008 8004343c
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         00000000 80c9c000
00000000 801a545c 00000000 80c9c000 7ff58960 00000000
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         80627e18 800435d8
00000000 7ff58960 00008914 00000000 00000000 ffffffed
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         80c9c000 801a93c4
802e6c90 801aa3ec 00000000 0000001d 00008924 00008924
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         ...
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Call Trace:
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: [<805982f4>]
update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: [<805982dc>]
update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Code: 24c50006  88820003
98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004  a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
Jan  1 00:07:59 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Disabling lock debugging due
to kernel taint
"

This is dmesg return:
[...]
Hi    : 0000006f
Lo    : 7b6b4f00
[...]
         00000000 80c9c000 00000000 801a545c 00000000 80c9c000 7ff58960
00000000
         80627e18 800435d8 00000000 7ff58960 00008914 00000000 00000000
ffffffed
         80c9c000 801a93c4 802e6c90 801aa3ec 00000000 0000001d 00008924
00008924
Call Trace:
[<805982f4>] update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
[<805982dc>] update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]

Code: 24c50006  88820003  98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004
a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint"

So the patch seems to change the situation somehow, but the device keeps
freezing!
With bets regards,
Tim

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-16 16:51   ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2010-08-16 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 574 bytes --]

On Saturday 14 August 2010 19:26:56 Marek Lindner wrote:
> Could you please copy the attached patch into your batman-advanced patches
> folder and verify whether it fixes your problem ? This document explains
> the  location of that folder and how to rebuild the package:

Here is the updated notify patch plus another patch which might solve the
issue. These are the patches posted by Sven but backported to 2000.0.0 and
prepared for OpenWRT. Please try the notify patch first and if it does not work
add the dev_hold patch and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Marek

[-- Attachment #2: 01-notify.patch --]

--- a/hard-interface.c
+++ b/hard-interface.c
@@ -457,15 +457,13 @@ static int hard_if_event(struct notifier_block *this,
 	struct batman_if *batman_if = get_batman_if_by_netdev(net_dev);
 	struct bat_priv *bat_priv;

-	if (!batman_if)
-		batman_if = hardif_add_interface(net_dev);
+	if (!batman_if && event == NETDEV_REGISTER)
+			batman_if = hardif_add_interface(net_dev);

 	if (!batman_if)
 		goto out;

 	switch (event) {
-	case NETDEV_REGISTER:
-		break;
 	case NETDEV_UP:
 		hardif_activate_interface(batman_if);
 		break;

[-- Attachment #3: 02-dev_hold.patch --]

--- a/hard-interface.c
+++ b/hard-interface.c
@@ -213,7 +213,6 @@ static void hardif_activate_interface(struct batman_if *batman_if)
        if (batman_if->if_status != IF_INACTIVE)
 		return;

-	dev_hold(batman_if->net_dev);

 	update_mac_addresses(batman_if);
 	batman_if->if_status = IF_TO_BE_ACTIVATED;
@@ -238,8 +237,6 @@ static void hardif_deactivate_interface(struct batman_if *batman_if)
 	   (batman_if->if_status != IF_TO_BE_ACTIVATED))
 		return;

-	dev_put(batman_if->net_dev);
-
 	batman_if->if_status = IF_INACTIVE;

 	bat_info(batman_if->soft_iface, "Interface deactivated: %s\n",
@@ -385,12 +382,14 @@ static struct batman_if *hardif_add_interface(struct net_device *net_dev)
 	if (ret != 1)
 		goto out;

+	dev_hold(net_dev);
+
 	batman_if = kmalloc(sizeof(struct batman_if), GFP_ATOMIC);
 	if (!batman_if) {
 		printk(KERN_ERR "batman-adv:"
 		       "Can't add interface (%s): out of memory\n",
 		       net_dev->name);
-		goto out;
+		goto release_dev;
 	}

 	batman_if->dev = kstrdup(net_dev->name, GFP_ATOMIC);
@@ -408,6 +407,8 @@ static struct batman_if *hardif_add_interface(struct net_device *net_dev)

 free_if:
 	kfree(batman_if);
+release_dev:
+	dev_put(net_dev);
 out:
 	return NULL;
 }
@@ -431,6 +432,7 @@ static void hardif_remove_interface(struct batman_if *batman_if)
 	batman_if->if_status = IF_TO_BE_REMOVED;
 	list_del_rcu(&batman_if->list);
 	sysfs_del_hardif(&batman_if->hardif_obj);
+	dev_put(batman_if->net_dev);
 	call_rcu(&batman_if->rcu, hardif_free_interface);
 }

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-14 17:26 ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2010-08-14 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 425 bytes --]

On Thursday 12 August 2010 20:04:47 Tim Glaremin wrote:
> Hope it helps.... The part Marek quoted at least did change :)

Yes, it did.

@@ -457,15 +457,24 @@ static int hard_if_event(struct notifier_block *this,
 	struct batman_if *batman_if = get_batman_if_by_netdev(net_dev);
 	struct bat_priv *bat_priv;

-	if (!batman_if)
-		batman_if = hardif_add_interface(net_dev);
+	if (!batman_if) {
+		switch (event) {
+		case NETDEV_REGISTER:
+		case NETDEV_UP:
+		case NETDEV_GOING_DOWN:
+		case NETDEV_DOWN:
+		case NETDEV_CHANGENAME:
+		case NETDEV_CHANGEADDR:
+			batman_if = hardif_add_interface(net_dev);
+		default:
+				break;
+		}
+	}

 	if (!batman_if)
 		goto out;

 	switch (event) {
-	case NETDEV_REGISTER:
-		break;
 	case NETDEV_UP:
 		hardif_activate_interface(batman_if);
 		break;
@@ -476,8 +485,6 @@ static int hard_if_event(struct notifier_block *this,
 	case NETDEV_UNREGISTER:
 		hardif_remove_interface(batman_if);
 		break;
-	case NETDEV_CHANGENAME:
-		break;
 	case NETDEV_CHANGEADDR:
 		if (batman_if->if_status == IF_NOT_IN_USE)
 			goto out;
--
1.7.1

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-13  3:24 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-13  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim Glaremin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1216 bytes --]

Tim Glaremin wrote:
> Hope it helps.... The part Marek quoted at least did change :)

The biggest problem is, that it is relative unreadable due to the reformatting
done by your mua. The next big problem is that the guessing will begin now
using the information in the stacktrace.

My first guess would be hardif_min_mtu. Maybe the netdev we want to access was
removed in the time we try to update our information of the
removed/deactivated interface (or another interface we also received some kind
of notification).

I would have guessed that this cannot happen because we haven't processed all
notification items, but I am awake a little bit too long to make 100% correct
statements.

Maybe because we use dev_put in hardif_deactivate_interface too early and
iterate over the already 'putted' device in our list (will be removed in
hardif_remove_interface from our list) - which seems to be wrong too me right
now. So all references will be gone when the interface goes down (so maybe it
will be completely deleted at that point), but the pointer to the destroyed
netdev is still in our list and will only deleted when the device will really
be unregistered.

thanks,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-12 18:04 Tim Glaremin
From: Tim Glaremin @ 2010-08-12 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hello,

I compiled an new image with symbols included, here is what demsg returned:

[...]
crc32=0x00d3dbd9
new trx = [0x0000001c, 0x00000974, 0x000e2c00], len=0x000e2c00
crc32=0xbdc7b0c6
Done
[...]
00003aa1, epc == 805882f4, ra == 805882dc
Oops[#1]:
Cpu 0
$ 0   : 00000000 10009800 3c9c2500 80dca000
$ 4   : 80362b88 00003a9e 00003a98 00000000
$ 8   : 00000004 00000001 8029fd20 00000001
$12   : 0000000f 8023a728 ffffffff 80da5bc8
$16   : 80e9de80 80dca000 8058c334 80547ec0
$20   : 00000008 7ff5e300 7ff5e250 00000001
$24   : 0000003c 8f1bbcdc
$28   : 80da4000 80da5d58 00475028 805882dc
Hi    : 00000000
Lo    : 00000000
epc   : 805882f4 update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
     Not tainted
ra    : 805882dc update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Cause : 0080000c
BadVA : 00003aa1
PrId  : 00029008 (Broadcom BCM3302)
Modules linked in: batman_adv nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp nf_nat_irc
nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat
nf_nat xt_NOTRACK iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4
nf_conntrack pppoe pppox ipt_REJECT xt_TCPMSS ipt_LOG xt_comment
xt_multiport xt_mac xt_limit iptable_mangle iptable_filter ip_tables
xt_tcpudp x_tables ppp_async ppp_generic slhc b43legacy b43 mac80211
crc_ccitt cfg80211 compat_firmware_class compat arc4 aes_generic deflate
ecb cbc switch_robo switch_core diag
Process hostapd (pid: 1372, threadinfo=80da4000, task=80763650,
tls=00000000)
Stack : 80e9de80 80dca000 8058c334 80547ec0 80e9de80 80588a5c 8037d2a8
fffffff2
         00000000 80dca000 00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80dca000 00000008
8004343c
         00000000 80dca000 00000000 801a545c 00000000 80dca000 7ff5e270
00000000
         80da5e18 800435d8 00000000 7ff5e270 00008914 00000000 00000000
ffffffed
         80dca000 801a93c4 802e6c90 801aa3ec 00000000 0000001d 00008924
00008924
Call Trace:
[<805882f4>] update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
[<805882dc>] update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]

Code: 24c50006  88820003  98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004
a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint"

An the return of logread:
"root@OpenWrt:/# logread
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel:   Normal zone: 32 pages used
for memmap
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel:   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel:   Normal zone: 4064 pages,
LIFO batch:0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Built 1 zonelists in Zone
order, mobility grouping off.  Total pages: 4064
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Kernel command line:
root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd console=ttyS0,115200
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: PID hash table entries: 64
(order: -4, 256 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Dentry cache hash table
entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Inode-cache hash table
entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Primary instruction cache
16kB, VIPT, 2-way, linesize 16 bytes.
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Primary data cache 8kB, 2-way,
VIPT, no aliases, linesize 16 bytes
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Memory: 13236k/16384k
available (2231k kernel code, 3148k reserved, 476k data, 136k init, 0k
highmem)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Hierarchical RCU implementation.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NR_IRQS:128
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: console [ttyS0] enabled
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Calibrating delay loop...
199.16 BogoMIPS (lpj=398336)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Mount-cache hash table
entries: 512
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 16
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Switching to clocksource MIPS
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 2
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: IP route cache hash table
entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP established hash table
entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP bind hash table entries:
512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP: Hash tables configured
(established 512 bind 512)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP reno registered
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 1
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: squashfs: version 4.0
(2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Registering mini_fo version $Id$
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND)
(SUMMARY)  © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: msgmni has been set to 25
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: io scheduler noop registered
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: io scheduler deadline
registered (default)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 2
ports, IRQ sharing enabled
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250: ttyS0 at MMIO
0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250: ttyS1 at MMIO
0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO
0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO
0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: flash init: 0x1c000000 0x02000000
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Physically mapped flash: Found
1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x400000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x800000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0xc00000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1000000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1400000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1800000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1c00000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:  Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query
Table at 0x0040
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: number of CFI chips: 1
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling
erase-suspend-program due to code brokenness.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Flash device: 0x400000 at
0x1fc00000
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: bootloader size: 262144
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Updating TRX offsets and length:
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: old trx = [0x0000001c,
0x00000974, 0x000e2c00], len=0x00281000 crc32=0x00d3dbd9
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: new trx = [0x0000001c,
0x00000974, 0x000e2c00], len=0x000e2c00 crc32=0xbdc7b0c6
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Done
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Creating 4 MTD partitions on
"Physically mapped flash":
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000000000-0x000000040000 : "cfe"
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000040000-0x0000003f0000 : "linux"
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000122c00-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs"
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs" must
either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase
block -- forcing read-only
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs" set
to be root filesystem
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs_data"
created automatically, ofs=2A0000, len=150000
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x0000002a0000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs_data"
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x0000003f0000-0x000000400000 : "nvram"
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44.c:v2.0
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: eth0: Broadcom 44xx/47xx
10/100BaseT Ethernet 00:25:9c:3c:46:04
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: BCM47xx Watchdog Timer enabled
(30 seconds, nowayout)
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP westwood registered
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 17
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben
Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: All bugs added by David S.
Miller <davem@redhat.com>
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: VFS: Mounted root (squashfs
filesystem) readonly on device 31:2.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Freeing unused kernel memory:
136k freed
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Please be patient, while
OpenWrt loads ...
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: diag: Detected 'Linksys
WRT54G/GS/GL'
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Link is up at 100
Mbps, full duplex.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Flow control is off
for TX and off for RX.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: roboswitch: Probing device
eth0: found a 5325! It's a 5350.
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using base directory: /
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using storage
directory: /tmp/root
Jan  1 00:00:17 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: powering down PHY
Jan  1 00:00:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Link is up at 100
Mbps, full duplex.
Jan  1 00:00:19 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Flow control is off
for TX and off for RX.
Jan  1 00:00:21 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:00:21 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:00:21 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:00:21 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Compat-wireless backport
release: compat-wireless-2010-07-13-4-g04898a5
Jan  1 00:00:21 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Backport based on
wireless-2.6.git v2.6.35-rc6-48432-gdce358e
Jan  1 00:00:22 OpenWrt user.info kernel: cfg80211: Calling CRDA to
update world regulatory domain
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: cfg80211: World regulatory
domain updated:
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (start_freq - end_freq @
bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz
@ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz
@ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz
@ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz
@ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel:     (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz
@ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Broadcom 5352 WLAN
found (core revision 9)
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: phy0: Selected rate control
algorithm 'minstrel'
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::tx
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::rx
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Registered led device:
b43-phy0::radio
Jan  1 00:00:28 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [
Features: PL, Firmware-ID: FW13 ]
Jan  1 00:00:29 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Broadcom 43xx-legacy driver
loaded [ Features: PLID, Firmware-ID: FW10 ]
Jan  1 00:00:29 OpenWrt user.info kernel: PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
Jan  1 00:00:30 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006
Netfilter Core Team
Jan  1 00:00:30 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 24
Jan  1 00:00:31 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: nf_conntrack version 0.5.0
(208 buckets, 832 max)
Jan  1 00:00:32 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:B.A.T.M.A.N.
advanced 2010.0.0 (compatibility version 8) loaded
Jan  1 00:00:35 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading defaults
Jan  1 00:00:36 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading synflood protection
Jan  1 00:00:36 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Adding custom chains
Jan  1 00:00:37 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading zones
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading forwarding
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading redirects
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading rules
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading includes
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading zone defaults
Jan  1 00:00:39 OpenWrt user.notice root: adding lan (br-lan) to
firewall zone lan
Jan  1 00:00:41 OpenWrt user.notice dnsmasq: DNS rebinding protection is
active, will discard upstream RFC1918 responses!
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[806]: started, version 2.55
cachesize 150
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[806]: compile time options:
IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-I18N DHCP TFTP
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[806]: using local addresses
only for domain lan
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[806]: no servers found in
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto, will retry
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[806]: read /etc/hosts - 1
addresses
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Adding interface: wlan0
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt user.err kernel: batman-adv:Not using interface
wlan0 (retrying later): interface not active
Jan  1 00:00:47 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): End
of filesystem marker found at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:47 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: jffs2_build_filesystem():
unlocking the mtd device... done.
Jan  1 00:01:00 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: jffs2_build_filesystem():
erasing all blocks after the end marker... done.
Jan  1 00:01:00 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: copying files ... done
Jan  1 00:01:01 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using base directory: /
Jan  1 00:01:01 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using storage
directory: /overlay
Jan  1 00:01:07 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[877]: Running in background
Jan  1 00:06:33 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[806]: failed to access
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto: No such file or directory
Jan  1 00:06:34 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:34 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:34 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 left promiscuous
mode
Jan  1 00:06:34 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering disabled state
Jan  1 00:06:40 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0.0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:40 OpenWrt user.info kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Jan  1 00:06:40 OpenWrt user.info kernel: br-lan: port 1(eth0.0)
entering forwarding state
Jan  1 00:06:44 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Removing interface:
wlan0
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b43-phy0: Loading firmware
version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.alert kernel: CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel
paging request at virtual address 00003aa1, epc == 805882f4, ra == 805882dc
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Oops[#1]:
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Cpu 0
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 0   : 00000000 10009800
3c9c2500 80dca000
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 4   : 80362b88 00003a9e
00003a98 00000000
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $ 8   : 00000004 00000001
8029fd20 00000001
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $12   : 0000000f 8023a728
ffffffff 80da5bc8
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $16   : 80e9de80 80dca000
8058c334 80547ec0
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $20   : 00000008 7ff5e300
7ff5e250 00000001
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $24   : 0000003c 8f1bbcdc
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: $28   : 80da4000 80da5d58
00475028 805882dc
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Hi    : 00000000
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Lo    : 00000000
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: epc   : 805882f4
update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:     Not tainted
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: ra    : 805882dc
update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Status: 10009803    KERNEL EXL IE
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Cause : 0080000c
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: BadVA : 00003aa1
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: PrId  : 00029008 (Broadcom
BCM3302)
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Modules linked in: batman_adv
nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp nf_nat_irc nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp
nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat xt_NOTRACK
iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4 nf_conntrack
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Process hostapd (pid: 1372,
threadinfo=80da4000, task=80763650, tls=00000000)
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Stack : 80e9de80 80dca000
8058c334 80547ec0 80e9de80 80588a5c 8037d2a8 fffffff2
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         00000000 80dca000
00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80dca000 00000008 8004343c
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         00000000 80dca000
00000000 801a545c 00000000 80dca000 7ff5e270 00000000
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         80da5e18 800435d8
00000000 7ff5e270 00008914 00000000 00000000 ffffffed
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         80dca000 801a93c4
802e6c90 801aa3ec 00000000 0000001d 00008924 00008924
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:         ...
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Call Trace:
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: [<805882f4>]
update_min_mtu+0x2d8/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: [<805882dc>]
update_min_mtu+0x2c0/0x4d8 [batman_adv]
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Code: 24c50006  88820003
98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004  a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
Jan  1 00:06:48 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Disabling lock debugging due
to kernel taint"

@ 2010-08-12 10:32 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-12 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim Glaremin

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 2717 bytes --]

Tim Glaremin wrote:
[...]
> CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address
> 00003aa1, epc == 80a982f4, ra == 80a982dc
> Oops[#1]:
> Cpu 0
> $ 0   : 00000000 10009800 3c9c2500 80d9e800
> $ 4   : 803df888 00003a9e 00003a98 00000000
> $ 8   : 00000004 00000001 00000000 fffffffb
> $12   : 0000000f 80238688 ffffffff 80c47bc8
> $16   : 80435e80 80d9e800 80a9c314 80cd26c0
> $20   : 00000008 7fd6fd80 7fd6fcd0 00000001
> $24   : 0000003c 8f1bbcdc
> $28   : 80c46000 80c47d58 00475028 80a982dc
> Hi    : 00000103
> Lo    : 68655100
> epc   : 80a982f4 0x80a982f4
>      Not tainted
> ra    : 80a982dc 0x80a982dc
> Cause : 0080000c
> BadVA : 00003aa1
> PrId  : 00029008 (Broadcom BCM3302)
> Modules linked in: batman_adv nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp nf_nat_irc
> nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat
> nf_nat xt_NOTRACK iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4
> nf_conntrack pppoe pppox ipt_REJECT xt_TCPMSS ipt_LOG xt_comment
> xt_multiport xt_mac xt_limit iptable_mangle iptable_filter ip_tables
> xt_tcpudp x_tables ppp_async ppp_generic slhc b43legacy b43 mac80211
> crc_ccitt cfg80211 compat_firmware_class compat arc4 aes_generic deflate
> ecb cbc switch_robo switch_core diag [last unloaded: batman_adv]
> Process hostapd (pid: 2057, threadinfo=80c46000, task=80739048,
> tls=00000000)
> Stack : 80435e80 80d9e800 80a9c314 80cd26c0 80435e80 80a98a5c 80e712a8
> fffffff2
>          00000000 80d9e800 00000000 fffffff0 00000000 80d9e800 00000008
> 800430c0
>          00000000 80d9e800 00000000 801a2eb0 00000000 80d9e800 7fd6fcf0
> 00000000
>          80c47e18 8004325c 00000000 7fd6fcf0 00008914 00000000 00000000
> ffffffed
>          80d9e800 801a6e18 802c4c90 801a7e40 00000000 0000001d 00008924
> 00008924
> Call Trace:[<80a98a5c>] 0x80a98a5c
> [<800430c0>] 0x800430c0
> [<801a2eb0>] 0x801a2eb0
> [<8004325c>] 0x8004325c
> [<801a6e18>] 0x801a6e18
> [<801a7e40>] 0x801a7e40
> [<801a8aa4>] 0x801a8aa4
> [<80190a00>] 0x80190a00
> [<800a2858>] 0x800a2858
> [<800a6270>] 0x800a6270
> [<800a2f90>] 0x800a2f90
> [<80192028>] 0x80192028
> [<80191330>] 0x80191330
> [<800a3034>] 0x800a3034
> [<80192878>] 0x80192878
> [<80003230>] 0x80003230
>

> Code: 24c50006  88820003  98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004
> a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
> Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint"
>
> Hope all this info helps you, for me it's only confusing :)

you must provide the symbols file for us to create any useful information for
us. But I would think that my guess about the netdev notification was right.

thanks,
	Sven

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-12 10:30 ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2010-08-12 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

On Thursday 12 August 2010 12:14:07 Tim Glaremin wrote:
> Call Trace:[<80a98a5c>] 0x80a98a5c
> [<800430c0>] 0x800430c0
> [<801a2eb0>] 0x801a2eb0
> [<8004325c>] 0x8004325c
> [<801a6e18>] 0x801a6e18
> [<801a7e40>] 0x801a7e40
> [<801a8aa4>] 0x801a8aa4
> [<80190a00>] 0x80190a00
> [<800a2858>] 0x800a2858
> [<800a6270>] 0x800a6270
> [<800a2f90>] 0x800a2f90
> [<80192028>] 0x80192028
> [<80191330>] 0x80191330
> [<800a3034>] 0x800a3034
> [<80192878>] 0x80192878
> [<80003230>] 0x80003230
>

> Code: 24c50006  88820003  98820000 <a8a20003> b8a20000  90830004
> a0a30004  90820005  a0a20005
> Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint"
>
> Hope all this info helps you, for me it's only confusing :)

Yeah, we are getting closer !
Could you please enable the kernel debugging information, repeat the last step
and post the log again. The kernel debugging will replace these numbers by the
actual function names.
At the bottom of this page you will find an step-by-step guide explaining how
to activate the kernel debugging:
http://www.open-mesh.org/wiki/building-batman-adv-with-openwrt

Cheers,
Marek

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-12 10:14 Tim Glaremin
From: Tim Glaremin @ 2010-08-12 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hello,

you are really great. Can't thank you enough for helping me with this
problem.

If I understand it right batman_adv is loaded right after installing the
image:

root@OpenWrt:/# lsmod
batman_adv             51104  0
nf_nat_tftp              432  0
nf_conntrack_tftp       2400  1 nf_nat_tftp
nf_nat_irc               864  0
nf_conntrack_irc        2592  1 nf_nat_irc
nf_nat_ftp              1360  0
nf_conntrack_ftp        4896  1 nf_nat_ftp
ipt_MASQUERADE           992  1
iptable_nat             2304  1
nf_nat                 11824  5
nf_nat_tftp,nf_nat_irc,nf_nat_ftp,ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat
xt_NOTRACK               672  0
iptable_raw              656  1
xt_state                 800  3
nf_conntrack_ipv4       7808  6 iptable_nat,nf_nat
nf_defrag_ipv4           608  1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
nf_conntrack           42560 12
nf_nat_tftp,nf_conntrack_tftp,nf_nat_irc,nf_conntrack_irc,nf_nat_ftp,nf_conntrack_ftp,ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat,nf_nat,xt_NOTRACK,xt_state,nf_conntrack_ipv4
pppoe                  10208  0
pppox                   1312  1 pppoe
ipt_REJECT              1984  2
xt_TCPMSS               1952  1
ipt_LOG                 4640  0
xt_comment               464  0
xt_multiport            1904  0
xt_mac                   576  0
xt_limit                1152  1
iptable_mangle           992  0
iptable_filter           768  1
ip_tables               8864  4
iptable_nat,iptable_raw,iptable_mangle,iptable_filter
xt_tcpudp               1856  4
x_tables                9840 13
ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat,xt_NOTRACK,xt_state,ipt_REJECT,xt_TCPMSS,ipt_LOG,xt_comment,xt_multiport,xt_mac,xt_limit,ip_tables,xt_tcpudp
ppp_async               9040  0
ppp_generic            21200  3 pppoe,pppox,ppp_async
slhc                    5360  1 ppp_generic
b43legacy              97328  0
b43                   153392  0
mac80211              210464  2 b43legacy,b43
crc_ccitt                976  1 ppp_async
cfg80211              128144  3 b43legacy,b43,mac80211
compat_firmware_class     5520  2 b43legacy,b43
compat                   752  0
arc4                     816  2
aes_generic            31056  0
deflate                 1328  0
ecb                     1328  2
cbc                     2016  0
switch_robo             4048  0
switch_core             5200  1 switch_robo
diag                    7504  0"

This is the batman-adv config file, also directly after installing the
image:
"config 'mesh' 'bat0'
         option 'interfaces' 'wlan0'
         option 'orig_interval'
         option 'log_level'
         option 'aggregate_ogm'
         option 'vis_mode'"

Here is my logread output (batman-adv:B.A.T.M.A.N. advanced 2010.0.0
(compatibility version 8) loaded):

"root@OpenWrt:/# logread
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt syslog.info syslogd started: BusyBox v1.15.3
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: klogd started: BusyBox
v1.15.3 (2010-08-10 01:43:28 CEST)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Linux version 2.6.32.16
(jonathan@winme-mesh1) (gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC) ) #1 Tue Aug 10 02:14:13
CEST 2010
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: CPU revision is: 00029008
(Broadcom BCM3302)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 0 found: ChipCommon
(cc 0x800, rev 0x0E, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 1 found: Fast
Ethernet (cc 0x806, rev 0x09, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 2 found: MIPS 3302
(cc 0x816, rev 0x06, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 3 found: USB 1.1
Host (cc 0x817, rev 0x02, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 4 found: MEMC SDRAM
(cc 0x80F, rev 0x01, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 5 found: IEEE
802.11 (cc 0x812, rev 0x09, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: ssb: Core 6 found: Roboswitch
(cc 0x81C, rev 0x02, vendor 0x4243)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: Initializing MIPS core...
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: set_irq: core 0x0806, irq
4 => 4
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: set_irq: core 0x0816, irq
5 => 2
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: set_irq: core 0x0812, irq
2 => 5
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: after irq reconfiguration
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x0800, irq : 2(S)
3* 4  5  6  D  I
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x0806, irq : 2(S)
3  4* 5  6  D  I
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x0816, irq : 2(S)*
3  4  5  6  D  I
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x0817, irq : 2(S)
3  4  5  6* D  I
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x080f, irq : 2(S)
3  4  5  6  D  I*
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x0812, irq : 2(S)
3  4  5* 6  D  I
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: core 0x081c, irq : 2(S)
3  4  5  6  D  I*
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ssb: Sonics Silicon Backplane
found at address 0x18000000
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Serial init done.
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Determined physical RAM map:
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel:  memory: 01000000 @ 00000000
(usable)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Initrd not found or empty -
disabling initrd
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Zone PFN ranges:
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:   Normal   0x00000000 ->
0x00001000
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Movable zone start PFN for
each node
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: early_node_map[1] active PFN
ranges
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:     0: 0x00000000 -> 0x00001000
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: On node 0 totalpages: 4096
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: free_area_init_node: node 0,
pgdat 80283b50, node_mem_map 802c9000
[...]
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Memory: 13372k/16384k
available (2222k kernel code, 3012k reserved, 350k data, 136k init, 0k
highmem)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Hierarchical RCU implementation.
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NR_IRQS:128
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: console [ttyS0] enabled
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Calibrating delay loop...
199.16 BogoMIPS (lpj=398336)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Mount-cache hash table
entries: 512
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 16
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Switching to clocksource MIPS
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 2
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: IP route cache hash table
entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP established hash table
entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP bind hash table entries:
512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP: Hash tables configured
(established 512 bind 512)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: TCP reno registered
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 1
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: squashfs: version 4.0
(2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Registering mini_fo version $Id$
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND)
(SUMMARY)  © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: msgmni has been set to 26
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: io scheduler noop registered
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: io scheduler deadline
registered (default)
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 2
ports, IRQ sharing enabled
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250: ttyS0 at MMIO
0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250: ttyS1 at MMIO
0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO
0xb8000300 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO
0xb8000400 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: flash init: 0x1c000000 0x02000000
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: Physically mapped flash: Found
1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x400000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x800000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0xc00000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1000000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1400000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1800000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.debug kernel: Physically mapped flash:
Found an alias at 0x1c00000 for the chip at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel:  Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query
Table at 0x0040
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: number of CFI chips: 1
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling
erase-suspend-program due to code brokenness.
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Flash device: 0x400000 at
0x1fc00000
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: bootloader size: 262144
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Updating TRX offsets and length:
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: old trx = [0x0000001c,
0x00000974, 0x000d2000], len=0x00271000 crc32=0x65c67278
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: new trx = [0x0000001c,
0x00000974, 0x000d2000], len=0x000d2000 crc32=0x7f60a9cc
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: Done
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: Creating 4 MTD partitions on
"Physically mapped flash":
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000000000-0x000000040000 : "cfe"
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000040000-0x0000003f0000 : "linux"
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000112000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs"
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs" must
either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase
block -- forcing read-only
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs" set
to be root filesystem
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mtd: partition "rootfs_data"
created automatically, ofs=290000, len=160000
Jan  1 00:00:16 OpenWrt user.notice kernel:
0x000000290000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs_data"
[...]
Jan  1 00:00:18 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Link is up at 100
Mbps, full duplex.
Jan  1 00:00:18 OpenWrt user.info kernel: b44: eth0: Flow control is off
[...]
Jan  1 00:00:29 OpenWrt user.info kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006
Netfilter Core Team
Jan  1 00:00:30 OpenWrt user.info kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 24
Jan  1 00:00:30 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: nf_conntrack version 0.5.0
(211 buckets, 844 max)
Jan  1 00:00:32 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:B.A.T.M.A.N.
advanced 2010.0.0 (compatibility version 8) loaded
Jan  1 00:00:34 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading defaults
Jan  1 00:00:35 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading synflood protection
Jan  1 00:00:36 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Adding custom chains
Jan  1 00:00:36 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading zones
Jan  1 00:00:37 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading forwarding
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading redirects
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading rules
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading includes
Jan  1 00:00:38 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: Loading zone defaults
Jan  1 00:00:39 OpenWrt user.notice root: adding lan (br-lan) to
firewall zone lan
Jan  1 00:00:41 OpenWrt user.notice dnsmasq: DNS rebinding protection is
active, will discard upstream RFC1918 responses!
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[809]: started, version 2.55
cachesize 150
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[809]: compile time options:
IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-I18N DHCP TFTP
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[809]: using local addresses
only for domain lan
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.warn dnsmasq[809]: no servers found in
/tmp/resolv.conf.auto, will retry
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt daemon.info dnsmasq[809]: read /etc/hosts - 1
addresses
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt user.info kernel: batman-adv:Adding interface: wlan0
Jan  1 00:00:45 OpenWrt user.err kernel: batman-adv:Not using interface
wlan0 (retrying later): interface not active
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): End
of filesystem marker found at 0x0
Jan  1 00:00:46 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: jffs2_build_filesystem():
unlocking the mtd device... done.
Jan  1 00:01:00 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: jffs2_build_filesystem():
erasing all blocks after the end marker... done.
Jan  1 00:01:00 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: copying files ... done
Jan  1 00:01:00 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using base directory: /
Jan  1 00:01:00 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mini_fo: using storage
directory: /overlay"

I disabled the batman-adv module with "rmmod batman-adv", checked if it
is really disabled via "lsmod" and then avtivating radio0 through
removing "option disabled 1" in "/etc/config/wireless". Restarting the
network works fine without any segmentation faults.
After thet I reloaded the batman-adv module and did "/etc/init.d/network
restart" again and this time it showed an segmentation fault again.

"root@OpenWrt:/# /etc/init.d/network restart
Received SIGTERM
Entering released state
udhcpc (v1.15.3) started
Sending discover...
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Segmentation fault
Failed to start hostapd for phy0
root@OpenWrt:/# Sending discover...
Sending discover..."

Here is the dmesg output after that Segmentation fault:
"root@OpenWrt:/# dmesg
[...]
msgmni has been set to 26

@ 2010-08-04 22:03 ` Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2010-08-04 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 11:21:35 Tim wrote:
> I'm trying to build an mesh network with B.A.T.M.A.N Advanced for my
> bachelor's thesis. Building an Image used to be no problem when the
> Batman-package was called "kmod-batman-adv-kernelland". Since there is
> only "kmod-batman-adv" in the OpenWRT repositories I have the following
> problem:

The package was simply renamed for the sake of simplicity.

> Compiling, transferring and connecting is no problem, but after
> I change some settings in "/etc/config/network" and
> "/etc/config/wireless" and restart the router the power led keeps
> flashing and there's no possibility to connect to the device anymore.
> Only ping is working with the ip I set it to.... When doing only a
> network restart via /etc/init.d/network restart the device shows:
> "Segmentation fault" and then freezes.

As Sven already said - a logread output would be most helpful. Can you tell us
what batman version you are using ?

Cheers,
Marek

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-04  9:34 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-08-04  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Tim

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1107 bytes --]

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 11:21:35 Tim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build an mesh network with B.A.T.M.A.N Advanced for my
> bachelor's thesis. Building an Image used to be no problem when the
> Batman-package was called "kmod-batman-adv-kernelland". Since there is
> only "kmod-batman-adv" in the OpenWRT repositories I have the following
> problem: Compiling, transferring and connecting is no problem, but after
> I change some settings in "/etc/config/network" and
> "/etc/config/wireless" and restart the router the power led keeps
> flashing and there's no possibility to connect to the device anymore.
> Only ping is working with the ip I set it to.... When doing only a
> network restart via /etc/init.d/network restart the device shows:
> "Segmentation fault" and then freezes.
>
> I tried compiling an Image on either 32 and 64 bit Ubuntu / Kubuntu.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

Please connect using a serial console and provide the output of dmesg.

Try to load and configure it by hand to check on which change the problem
appears.

Best regards,
	Sven

* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Problem openWRT "backfire" and "kmod-batman-adv"
@ 2010-08-04  9:21 Tim