* Dual touchscreen implementation
@ 2010-08-10 23:16 Arce, Abraham
From: Arce, Abraham @ 2010-08-10 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Hi,

I am working in a board with dual display/touchscreen. I have searched within drivers/input/touchscreen for some examples on how to implement the functionality to configure driver and behave as a single touchscreen if 2 sensors are present, no specific example found

My idea is to create an attribute "virtualized" to enable/disable virtualization in the second touchscreen

+ static DEVICE_ATTR(virtualized, S_IRUGO | S_IWUSR,
+ 		   syn_show_attr_virtualized, syn_store_attr_virtualized);

In the function which reports the values to input subsystem we can then decide to make the second one as an extension of the first touchscreen if

* virtualized is set to 1
* and touchscreen sensor is the second one

 + if (ts->virtualized && dev_name(&sensor->dev == '2')
 +	data->x = ts->touch_caps.max_x + d->x;
 [..]
 + input_report_abs(idev, ABS_x, data->x);

I'd appreciate any comments on this approach...

Best Regards
Abraham