* socket filter
@ 2010-08-20  4:27 krunal patel
From: krunal patel @ 2010-08-20  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi,

There are ioctl's for attaching bpf like filters to socket. I found it
in kernel documentation.
    setsockopt(sockfd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ATTACH_FILTER, &Filter, sizeof(Filter));
I doubt is can we attach filters in case of netlink socket.
I am logging all packets using ULOG target and using ulogd.
Is it possible to use same ioctl for netlink socket we create in ulogd?

* Re: socket filter
@ 2010-08-20  5:04 ` Stephen Hemminger
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTimqZR0S0H_SO=xkBEWbC2zc92gSFp4hi=EpFTP5@mail.gmail.com>
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2010-08-20  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krunal patel; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:57:33 +0530
krunal patel <krunal.raj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are ioctl's for attaching bpf like filters to socket. I found it
> in kernel documentation.
>     setsockopt(sockfd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ATTACH_FILTER, &Filter, sizeof(Filter));
> I doubt is can we attach filters in case of netlink socket.
> I am logging all packets using ULOG target and using ulogd.
> Is it possible to use same ioctl for netlink socket we create in ulogd?

You can use socket filters on netlink sockets since  2.6.26

* Fwd: socket filter
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTimqZR0S0H_SO=xkBEWbC2zc92gSFp4hi=EpFTP5@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-08-21 10:11     ` krunal patel
From: krunal patel @ 2010-08-21 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Thank you Stepen. My kernel is 2.6.27.45 :).

I am taking bpf string like "host <ip>" from command prompt and doing
"pcap_compile_nopcap". Create my filter and do setsockopt but I am not
able to get result i wanted. May be i am doing something wrong in
creating filters. I am using link type as DLT_RAW.