* Moving keys to development server
@ 2010-09-07 16:36 Kristoffer Ericson
From: Kristoffer Ericson @ 2010-09-07 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Greetings,

We at JLime are setting up an development server to be able for all
developers to work on same machine (and build/push alot faster). Im having issues
getting the write access from the server (works fine from my laptop).
Ive moved the keys into my server user account but cant get it to work.
It fails with access denied.

So, what am I missing?

Best wishes
Kristoffer

* Re: Moving keys to development server
@ 2010-09-07 17:00 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2010-09-07 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Kristoffer Ericson
<kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We at JLime are setting up an development server to be able for all
> developers to work on same machine (and build/push alot faster). Im having issues
> getting the write access from the server (works fine from my laptop).
> Ive moved the keys into my server user account but cant get it to work.
> It fails with access denied.
>
> So, what am I missing

your private ssh keys which are in ~/.ssh on your laptop
either you copy them over or you can setup keychain/ssh-agent
to forward it from your laptop to this server whatever fits your security needs

@ 2010-09-07 18:33   ` Kristoffer Ericson
From: Kristoffer Ericson @ 2010-09-07 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 10:00:12AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Kristoffer Ericson
> <kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > We at JLime are setting up an development server to be able for all
> > developers to work on same machine (and build/push alot faster). Im having issues
> > getting the write access from the server (works fine from my laptop).
> > Ive moved the keys into my server user account but cant get it to work.
> > It fails with access denied.
> >
> > So, what am I missing
>
> your private ssh keys which are in ~/.ssh on your laptop
> either you copy them over or you can setup keychain/ssh-agent
> to forward it from your laptop to this server whatever fits your security needs

Ive done exactly that, but getting this:

kristoffer.ericson@jlime:~$ git clone git@git.openembedded.org:openembedded
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/users/kristoffer.ericson/openembedded/.git/
The authenticity of host 'git.openembedded.org (140.211.169.165)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'git.openembedded.org,140.211.169.165' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.
Permission denied (publickey).
kristoffer.ericson@jlime:~$

So what could it be? Is it because my username is different on the server (kristoffer.ericson vs kristoffer)?

@ 2010-09-07 18:56   ` Kristoffer Ericson
From: Kristoffer Ericson @ 2010-09-07 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 10:00:12AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Kristoffer Ericson
> <kristoffer.ericson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > We at JLime are setting up an development server to be able for all
> > developers to work on same machine (and build/push alot faster). Im having issues
> > getting the write access from the server (works fine from my laptop).
> > Ive moved the keys into my server user account but cant get it to work.
> > It fails with access denied.
> >
> > So, what am I missing
>
> your private ssh keys which are in ~/.ssh on your laptop
> either you copy them over or you can setup keychain/ssh-agent
> to forward it from your laptop to this server whatever fits your security needs

Got it working by doing
ssh-add .ssh/id-rsa