* bna: potential null dereference
@ 2010-09-04 12:59 Jiri Slaby
From: Jiri Slaby @ 2010-09-04 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ddutt; +Cc: rmody, David S. Miller, ML netdev, LKML

Hi,

stanse found a potential null dereference:
bnad_cb_tx_cleanup
  -> struct bnad_unmap_q *unmap_q = tcb->unmap_q;
  -> -- tcb cannot be null now --
  -> if (!tcb || (!tcb->unmap_q))

The thing is I have no idea whether the second parameter of cleanup may
be null (move assignment after the check) or not (remove the check)

Could you fix that?

thanks,
--
js

* Re: bna: potential null dereference
@ 2010-09-12 19:02 ` David Miller
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTi=cZyLYJac8b8MsyAA4HitCvpD3NaH7nifzHDLw@mail.gmail.com>
From: David Miller @ 2010-09-12 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jirislaby; +Cc: ddutt, rmody, netdev, linux-kernel

From: Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:59:54 +0200

> stanse found a potential null dereference:
> bnad_cb_tx_cleanup
>   -> struct bnad_unmap_q *unmap_q = tcb->unmap_q;
>   -> -- tcb cannot be null now --
>   -> if (!tcb || (!tcb->unmap_q))
>
> The thing is I have no idea whether the second parameter of cleanup may
> be null (move assignment after the check) or not (remove the check)
>
> Could you fix that?

Since the Brocade folks can't be bothered to fix this for more than
a week I'll take care of this, thanks Jiri.

@ 2010-09-12 22:38     ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2010-09-12 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: debdut; +Cc: jirislaby, ddutt, rmody, netdev, linux-kernel

From: Debashis Dutt <debdut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:35:41 -0700

> A patch is on the way by tomorrow. BTW, this is just an unnecessary
> check that should be removed and not a NULL de-reference.

I've already made a fix in the net-next-2.6 tree.

You should send me fixes like this when you have them and are
reasonably confident of the change, which for something like
this should have been a day or two at most, not a week later.

* RE: bna: potential null dereference
@ 2010-09-12 22:41       ` Debashis Dutt
From: Debashis Dutt @ 2010-09-12 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
> A patch is on the way by tomorrow. BTW, this is just an unnecessary
> check that should be removed and not a NULL de-reference.

I've already made a fix in the net-next-2.6 tree.

You should send me fixes like this when you have them and are
reasonably confident of the change, which for something like
this should have been a day or two at most, not a week later.

Sure David.

Apologize for the delay again. Had too many things on my plate.
Would be more prompt hence forth.

Thanks
--Debashis