* Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-02 19:48 J. L.
From: J. L.  @ 2010-09-02 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have cleaned and rebuilt these a few times now while trying to do
what its saying or assuming it should be saying in the errors, the
commands i have run are bitbake -c package then I run bitbake package
again after I try a fix. Build machine is ubuntu9.10, and I am on the
overo branch. I know I really need to learn to grasp the recipes and
patching more but I am slowly working on that while working through
the errors as it sticks better for me this way. I broke up each
failing recipe down so easier to see info for each package.

libdbd-sqlite-perl:
I have read the error and installed what it says is missing as well as
upgraded CPAN and yet still can not build this package for some reason
and I am not sure what to try next. I have installed I think every DBi
related module on the build machine through perl as well as through
apt-get on Ubuntu. I am sure this could be another simple beginner
error but I can not seem to get how to get through the error. Any
chance anyone has seen this or knows what I need to do for a work
around for the time being? Error below:

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: | (7445/7448) [99 %]
NOTE: Parsing finished. 6460 cached, 471 parsed, 517 skipped, 2 masked.
NOTE: oestats: build 85643
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing runqueue
NOTE: Running task 923 of 979 (ID: 45,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb,
do_setscene)
NOTE: Running task 924 of 979 (ID: 43,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb,
do_fetch)
NOTE: Running task 925 of 979 (ID: 38,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb,
do_unpack)
NOTE: Unpacking sources/DBD-SQLite-1.29.tar.gz to
tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libdbd-sqlite-perl-1.29-r0/
NOTE: Running task 926 of 979 (ID: 39,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb,
do_patch)
NOTE: Running task 927 of 979 (ID: 46,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb,
do_configure)
ERROR: function do_configure failed
ERROR: log data follows
(/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libdbd-sqlite-perl-1.29-r0/temp/log.do_configure.31416)
| DBI 1.57 is required to configure this module, please install it or
upgrade your CPAN/CPANPLUS shell
| yes: standard output: Broken pipe
| yes: write error
| sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory
NOTE: Task failed:
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libdbd-sqlite-perl-1.29-r0/temp/log.do_configure.31416
NOTE: oestats: task failed, see
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/task/7549847.txt
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb
do_configure failed
ERROR: Task 46 (/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb,
do_configure) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 926 tasks of which 922 didn't need to
be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libdbd-sqlite-perl_1.29.bb'
failed
NOTE: oestats: build failed, see http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builds/85643/

libversion-perl:
This one I can not really make any sense of the error so not sure what
to try but what I have done is install the module through cpan and
apt-get on the build machine and still failing.Other than that I am
out of ideas as to what to try. Error below:

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: | (7445/7448) [99 %]
NOTE: Parsing finished. 6460 cached, 471 parsed, 517 skipped, 2 masked.
NOTE: oestats: build 85644
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing runqueue
NOTE: Running task 923 of 960 (ID: 26,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_setscene)
NOTE: Running task 924 of 960 (ID: 24,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_fetch)
NOTE: Running task 925 of 960 (ID: 19,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_unpack)
NOTE: Unpacking sources/version-0.6701.tar.gz to
tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libversion-perl-0.6701-r9/
NOTE: Running task 926 of 960 (ID: 20,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_patch)
NOTE: Running task 927 of 960 (ID: 27,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_configure)
NOTE: Running task 928 of 960 (ID: 28,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_qa_configure)
NOTE: Running task 929 of 960 (ID: 29,
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_compile)
ERROR: function do_compile failed
ERROR: log data follows
(/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libversion-perl-0.6701-r9/temp/log.do_compile.31460)
| NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS=
PASTHRU_INC=-isystem/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include
-fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -O2
-ggdb3 CCFLAGS=-isystem/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include
-fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -O2
-ggdb3 LD=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a
-mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb-interwork
-mno-thumb
| cp lib/version.pm blib/lib/version.pm
| make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libversion-perl-0.6701-r9/version-0.6701/vutil'
| cp lib/version/vxs.pm ../blib/lib/version/vxs.pm
| arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8
-mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb -c
-isystem/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include
-fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -O2
-ggdb3  -isystem/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include
-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -O1
-DDEBIAN -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-O2   -DVERSION=\"0.6701\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.6701\" -fPIC
"-I/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/CORE"
  vutil.c
| In file included from vutil.c:9:
| vutil.h:5: error: conflicting types for 'Perl_upg_version'
| /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/CORE/proto.h:2295:
error: previous declaration of 'Perl_upg_version' was here
| In file included from vutil.c:9:
| vutil.h:14:1: warning: "upg_version" redefined
| In file included from
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/CORE/perl.h:976,
|                  from vutil.c:2:
| /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/CORE/embed.h:2924:1:
warning: this is the location of the previous definition
| vutil.c:278: error: conflicting types for 'Perl_upg_version'
| /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/CORE/proto.h:2295:
error: previous declaration of 'Perl_upg_version' was here
| make[1]: *** [vutil.o] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libversion-perl-0.6701-r9/version-0.6701/vutil'
| make: *** [subdirs] Error 2
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed
NOTE: Task failed:
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/task/7549881.txt
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb
do_compile failed
ERROR: Task 29 (/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb,
do_compile) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 928 tasks of which 922 didn't need to
be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libversion-perl_0.6701.bb'
failed
NOTE: oestats: build failed, see http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builds/85644/

Thanks as always for any help on these or pointing out anything to me.

* Re: Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-02 20:02 ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-02 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2010/9/2 J. L. <vwyodapink@gmail.com>:
> I have cleaned and rebuilt these a few times now while trying to do
> what its saying or assuming it should be saying in the errors, the
> commands i have run are bitbake -c package then I run bitbake package
> again after I try a fix. Build machine is ubuntu9.10, and I am on the
> overo branch. I know I really need to learn to grasp the recipes and
> patching more but I am slowly working on that while working through
> the errors as it sticks better for me this way. I broke up each
> failing recipe down so easier to see info for each package.

You might want to check if the recipe is the same as the OE one.
Typically the people on this list are working on the main branch of
the openembedded repository.
If you are reporting a problem on another repo or branch chances are
small that people can help you.

Also I see you are reporting quite some problems, but your posts also
seem to indicate that you make some progress.
If an item you reported on is resolved it is nice to report back (so
if someone looks into it, he knows that it is not needed any more)
And if there is a fix, a patch is always appreciated :-)

But the most important thing is;
Have fun!
Frans

* Re: Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-02 23:22   ` J. L.
From: J. L.  @ 2010-09-02 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

According to gumstix their branch recipes are all recipes identical to
the dev branch except for a very small few, and when I ask for help on
non gumstix related recipes they kept referring me to here so I
started posting here. Most of my fixes so far have just been from my
miss understandings of things, and you guys pointing them out to me
which is has been a tremendous help already. I did verify its the same
recipe that you have in the main dev branch. So what should I do from
here? Not post these issues on the OE board and see where I get or ?

@ 2010-09-02 23:43     ` J. L.
From: J. L.  @ 2010-09-02 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Also if it would help I can post the image recipe I have made that I
am trying to build.

In case this explains anymore about the overo branch for you this was
posted by steve sakoman who I believe is the maintainer of the branch
about the difference which to me reads as its just the configuration
files. If I am wrong please correct me.
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Is-Overo-OE-branch-a-fork--p25065128.html

The main reason I posted these recipes was due to the fact that I have
tried everything that has been mentioned to me before about how to
read the errors and from what the errors read I do not understand why
installing the files on the build machine does not help with the one,
and the other is honestly above me at the moment as I do not grasp
using devshell yet and how to work with in there, let alone properly
lay out a program recipe and then patch it to work properly. Once I
grasp things more I hope to be a help and not such a hindrance, I
welcome any tips links or anything to point to how to fix either and I
will try more on more with those pointers and if successful post the
results and maybe a patch or post the failure.

Thanks for all of your time

@ 2010-09-03  0:22       ` Graham Gower
From: Graham Gower @ 2010-09-03  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 3 September 2010 09:13, J. L. <vwyodapink@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also if it would help I can post the image recipe I have made that I
> am trying to build.
>
> In case this explains anymore about the overo branch for you this was
> posted by steve sakoman who I believe is the maintainer of the branch
> about the difference which to me reads as its just the configuration
> files. If I am wrong please correct me.
> http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Is-Overo-OE-branch-a-fork--p25065128.html
>
> The main reason I posted these recipes was due to the fact that I have
> tried everything that has been mentioned to me before about how to
> read the errors and from what the errors read I do not understand why
> installing the files on the build machine does not help with the one,

Its possible the recipe needs to depend on some foo-native package. If
this is the case, then it can fail even if you have installed the
things on your build host manually because they are not in OE's
staging area.

Sometimes dependencies are not listed in the recipe because the build
order has always caused the dependency to be present on those
configurations that have been tested. The following things may expose
missing dependencies in a recipe by altering the build order:

 * Increasing BB_NUMBER_THREADS.
 * Building on a host that no one else is using.
 * Variations in your machine/distro/local conf files as compared with
those that have been tested recently by developers.
 * Recent changes to recipes which your problematic recipe depends on.
 * Recent recipe changes to recipes that depend upon your problematic recipe.
 * Radioactive decay of a bismuth-210 atom 3km underneath the house of
your server manufacturer's CTO's Aunt Mavis' family home in Tuvalu.

> and the other is honestly above me at the moment as I do not grasp
> using devshell yet and how to work with in there, let alone properly
> lay out a program recipe and then patch it to work properly. Once I
> grasp things more I hope to be a help and not such a hindrance, I
> welcome any tips links or anything to point to how to fix either and I
> will try more on more with those pointers and if successful post the
> results and maybe a patch or post the failure.

Read the OE manual. Read the Bitbake manual. Read .bb files. Read
.conf files. Read .bbclass files. Read Bitbake sources. Send patches.
Add time. Repeat. == expert!

-Graham

* Re: Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-07 15:24         ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2010-09-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Graham Gower wrote:
> On 3 September 2010 09:13, J. L. <vwyodapink@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

>> and the other is honestly above me at the moment as I do not grasp
>> using devshell yet and how to work with in there, let alone properly
>> lay out a program recipe and then patch it to work properly. Once I
>> grasp things more I hope to be a help and not such a hindrance, I
>> welcome any tips links or anything to point to how to fix either and I
>> will try more on more with those pointers and if successful post the
>> results and maybe a patch or post the failure.
>
> Read the OE manual. Read the Bitbake manual. Read .bb files. Read
> .conf files. Read .bbclass files. Read Bitbake sources. Send patches.
> Add time. Repeat. == expert!

I'd just like to add in that while it's great (really, I mean it),
you're reporting problems, if you can reproduce them in vanilla OE with
something like MACHINE=qemuarm and DISTRO=angstrom-2008.1 (or
DISTRO=minimal) or similar, that will help rule out a lot of concern on
our part and give a testcase we can all easily try out.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation

* Re: Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-07 16:22           ` J. L.
From: J. L.  @ 2010-09-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Tom Rini <tom_rini@mentor.com> wrote:
> Graham Gower wrote:
>>
>> On 3 September 2010 09:13, J. L. <vwyodapink@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>
>>> and the other is honestly above me at the moment as I do not grasp
>>> using devshell yet and how to work with in there, let alone properly
>>> lay out a program recipe and then patch it to work properly. Once I
>>> grasp things more I hope to be a help and not such a hindrance, I
>>> welcome any tips links or anything to point to how to fix either and I
>>> will try more on more with those pointers and if successful post the
>>> results and maybe a patch or post the failure.
>>
>> Read the OE manual. Read the Bitbake manual. Read .bb files. Read
>> .conf files. Read .bbclass files. Read Bitbake sources. Send patches.
>> Add time. Repeat. == expert!
>
> I'd just like to add in that while it's great (really, I mean it), you're
> reporting problems, if you can reproduce them in vanilla OE with something
> like MACHINE=qemuarm and DISTRO=angstrom-2008.1 (or DISTRO=minimal) or
> similar, that will help rule out a lot of concern on our part and give a
> testcase we can all easily try out.
>
> --
> Tom Rini
> Mentor Graphics Corporation

OK thanks Tom I will try and read more on how to do that. Have not
done anything with qemu yet. But what I get now and correct if I am
wrong by OE vanilla you mean fresh directly off the dev branch no
other sub tree correct? then modify my .conf to to the settings you
listed above? If I am way off dont worry about taking the time to
explain in detail I will just read about it. I feel I have become an
annoyance on the boards from my lacking knowledge. Would showing the
recipe I build for my gumstix help? Its now building but not with
everything I want and some programs are broken, but its very close the
closest I have gotten so far. Any who thanks for replying and giving
me more info on how to help you guys help me. I do appreciate
everyones help and input a bunch.

JL

* Re: Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-07 17:39             ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2010-09-07 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

J. L. wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Tom Rini <tom_rini@mentor.com> wrote:
>> Graham Gower wrote:
>>> On 3 September 2010 09:13, J. L. <vwyodapink@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Read the OE manual. Read the Bitbake manual. Read .bb files. Read
>>> .conf files. Read .bbclass files. Read Bitbake sources. Send patches.
>>> Add time. Repeat. == expert!
>> I'd just like to add in that while it's great (really, I mean it), you're
>> reporting problems, if you can reproduce them in vanilla OE with something
>> like MACHINE=qemuarm and DISTRO=angstrom-2008.1 (or DISTRO=minimal) or
>> similar, that will help rule out a lot of concern on our part and give a
>> testcase we can all easily try out.
>
> OK thanks Tom I will try and read more on how to do that. Have not
> done anything with qemu yet. But what I get now and correct if I am
> wrong by OE vanilla you mean fresh directly off the dev branch no
> other sub tree correct? then modify my .conf to to the settings you
> listed above? If I am way off dont worry about taking the time to

Correct.

> explain in detail I will just read about it. I feel I have become an
> annoyance on the boards from my lacking knowledge. Would showing the
> recipe I build for my gumstix help? Its now building but not with
> everything I want and some programs are broken, but its very close the
> closest I have gotten so far. Any who thanks for replying and giving
> me more info on how to help you guys help me. I do appreciate
> everyones help and input a bunch.

We're happy to have a problem report, really.  It's just that since yes,
you're working with more than just the vanilla tree we want to be
certain that the problem is in the vanilla tree and not a conflict in
having additional overlays and such available.

--

@ 2010-09-09 17:41               ` J. L.
From: J. L.  @ 2010-09-09 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Tom Rini <tom_rini@mentor.com> wrote:
> J. L. wrote:

>>> [snip]

>>> I'd just like to add in that while it's great (really, I mean it), you're
>>> reporting problems, if you can reproduce them in vanilla OE with
>>> something
>>> like MACHINE=qemuarm and DISTRO=angstrom-2008.1 (or DISTRO=minimal) or
>>> similar, that will help rule out a lot of concern on our part and give a
>>> testcase we can all easily try out.
>>
>> OK thanks Tom I will try and read more on how to do that. Have not
>> done anything with qemu yet. But what I get now and correct if I am
>> wrong by OE vanilla you mean fresh directly off the dev branch no
>> other sub tree correct? then modify my .conf to to the settings you
>> listed above? If I am way off dont worry about taking the time to
>
> Correct.
>
>> explain in detail I will just read about it. I feel I have become an
>> annoyance on the boards from my lacking knowledge. Would showing the
>> recipe I build for my gumstix help? Its now building but not with
>> everything I want and some programs are broken, but its very close the
>> closest I have gotten so far. Any who thanks for replying and giving
>> me more info on how to help you guys help me. I do appreciate
>> everyones help and input a bunch.
>
> We're happy to have a problem report, really.  It's just that since yes,
> you're working with more than just the vanilla tree we want to be certain
> that the problem is in the vanilla tree and not a conflict in having
> additional overlays and such available.
>
> --
> Tom Rini
> Mentor Graphics Corporation

Just got done building my image with the vanilla tree as you requested
and I still have basically the same results, the only major difference
is now my gnome image gives a password I have no clue of to root but
my enlightenment image built and worked the same from the overo tree
as the vanilla dev OE tree as well as still failing in the same
manners. The gnome image was the only one that added another issue to
my build. Hope that may help, is there any more I can do to help?
Should I try like once a week building on the overo tree and vanilla
tree and post the differences if any or? Thanks for your time and
pointers

JL

* Re: Perl modules I can not get to build, libdbd-sqlite-perl libversion-perl
@ 2010-09-12 18:11 ` Roman I Khimov
From: Roman I Khimov @ 2010-09-12 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel