* [U-Boot] uboot load ftb
@ 2011-01-12  3:07 张扬
From: 张扬 @ 2011-01-12  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all
  I?ve got some issues with load ftb to work with my board (mpc8313erdb)
  My serial print errors as follow:
       ERROR: /chosen node create failed
 I used the following command to generate my dtb?
dtc -f -b 0 -O dtb -I dts -R 8 -S 0x3000 -o my.dtb my.dts

                                                                 thanks

* [U-Boot] uboot load ftb
@ 2011-01-12  7:28 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2011-01-12  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,

In message <AANLkTikg4SH-5HNx3ZWdgtQc-3SAcq6vyqmu36btnKFg@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>   I`ve got some issues with load ftb to work with my board
> (mpc8313erdb)
>   My serial print errors as follow:
>        ERROR: /chosen node create failed

Is this the only message?  Isn't there also some WARNING ?

>  I used the following command to generate my dtb#
> dtc -f -b 0 -O dtb -I dts -R 8 -S 0x3000 -o my.dtb my.dts

Why don't you use the kernel's Makefile rule?  Just run

	make my.dtb

in your kernel tree.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
>  Is there a way to determine Yesterday's date using Unix utilities?
         echo "what is yesterday's date?" | /bin/mail root
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <ukbuh2y982.fsf@julie.teleport.com>

* [U-Boot] uboot load ftb
@ 2011-01-12  7:57   ` 张扬
From: 张扬 @ 2011-01-12  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Wolfgang

2011/1/12 Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>:
> Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,
>
> In message <AANLkTikg4SH-5HNx3ZWdgtQc-3SAcq6vyqmu36btnKFg@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> ? I`ve got some issues with load ftb to work with my board
>> (mpc8313erdb)
>> ? My serial print errors as follow:
>> ? ? ? ?ERROR: /chosen node create failed
>
> Is this the only message? ?Isn't there also some WARNING ?
>
>> ?I used the following command to generate my dtb#
>> dtc -f -b 0 -O dtb -I dts -R 8 -S 0x3000 -o my.dtb my.dts
>
> Why don't you use the kernel's Makefile rule? ?Just run
>
> ? ? ? ?make my.dtb
>
> in your kernel tree.
> i trying to sue the kernel's Makefile rule, but the issue is not solved.
  WARNING: could not set linux,stdout-path FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND.
  ERROR: /chosen node create failed - must RESET the board to recover.

@ 2011-01-12  8:00     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2011-01-12  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,

In message <AANLkTinUx-NmpundBm=scYeahCkBAd9=dx8B3rO7G9GN@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > i trying to sue the kernel's Makefile rule, but the issue is not solved.
>   WARNING: could not set linux,stdout-path FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND.
>   ERROR: /chosen node create failed - must RESET the board to recover.

Well, seems your device tree has some problem.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Never give in.  Never give in.  Never. Never. Never."
- Winston Churchill

* [U-Boot] uboot load ftb
@ 2011-01-12 23:32       ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2011-01-12 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:00:52 +0100
Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:

> Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,
>
> In message <AANLkTinUx-NmpundBm=scYeahCkBAd9=dx8B3rO7G9GN@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > > i trying to sue the kernel's Makefile rule, but the issue is not solved.
> >   WARNING: could not set linux,stdout-path FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND.
> >   ERROR: /chosen node create failed - must RESET the board to recover.
>
> Well, seems your device tree has some problem.

My guess is it's an old U-Boot that can't create properties
in /chosen if /chosen doesn't already exist.

-Scott

* [U-Boot] uboot load ftb
@ 2011-01-14  1:44         ` 张扬
From: 张扬 @ 2011-01-14  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Scott Wood

2011/1/13 Scott Wood <scottwood@freescale.com>:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:00:52 +0100
> Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,

>> > ? WARNING: could not set linux,stdout-path FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND.
>> > ? ERROR: /chosen node create failed - must RESET the board to recover.
>>
>> Well, seems your device tree has some problem.
>
> My guess is it's an old U-Boot that can't create properties
> in /chosen if /chosen doesn't already exist.
> i use lastest version of  u-boot, booting process gives the error. but i use u-boot-1.3.0 that's ok.
> -Scott

* [U-Boot] uboot load ftb
@ 2011-01-14 16:42           ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2011-01-14 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:44:44 +0800
?? <w90p710@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Scott Wood
>
> 2011/1/13 Scott Wood <scottwood@freescale.com>:
> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:00:52 +0100
> > Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,

> >> Well, seems your device tree has some problem.
> >
> > My guess is it's an old U-Boot that can't create properties
> > in /chosen if /chosen doesn't already exist.
> > i use lastest version of  u-boot, booting process gives the error. but i use u-boot-1.3.0 that's ok.

OK, check whether you have a "serial0" alias (or "serial1" if using
what U-Boot thinks of as the second serial port, etc) in your device
tree.

-Scott