* colibri-pxa300 USB patch
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTinN7TyOaj9=-8eXtrJPzf=iZdvqJOBMwyS=9D=c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-01-23 13:08     ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2011-01-23 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Sunday 23 January 2011 13:49:41 Bj?rn Forsman wrote:
> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:
> > On Wednesday 22 December 2010 20:30:10 Bj?rn Forsman wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Ok. Thanks for explaining.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > just curious, this should make the TOP usb port or the BOTTOM one
> > working?
>
> TOP port.

Maybe it really cannot be used with pxa310 colibri. But then I think it worked
on their wince crap.

btw. please keep the LAKML CCed.

> > I got the TOP one operational, but no luck with the bottom one on pxa310
> > colibri. Checking the colibri datasheet, there's an SMSC USB3329 chip
> > attached to usb port3 ... well did you have any luck getting the BOTTOM
> > port working ? Maybe with some further patching?
>
> No luck with bottom port for me. Do you have a link to that datasheet?

Quick google shows some 10-page thing ... that's it.

> Best regards,
> Bj?rn Forsman

* colibri-pxa300 USB patch
@ 2011-01-23 14:22       ` Bjørn Forsman
From: Bjørn Forsman @ 2011-01-23 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:
> On Sunday 23 January 2011 13:49:41 Bj?rn Forsman wrote:
>> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:

[snip git trees and workflow stuff]

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > just curious, this should make the TOP usb port or the BOTTOM one
>> > working?
>>
>> TOP port.
>
> Maybe it really cannot be used with pxa310 colibri. But then I think it worked
> on their wince crap.

I have a Colibri PXA310 module with WinCE preflashed. I will test what
USB ports it supports on monday.

> btw. please keep the LAKML CCed.
>
>> > I got the TOP one operational, but no luck with the bottom one on pxa310
>> > colibri. Checking the colibri datasheet, there's an SMSC USB3329 chip
>> > attached to usb port3 ... well did you have any luck getting the BOTTOM
>> > port working ? Maybe with some further patching?
>>
>> No luck with bottom port for me. Do you have a link to that datasheet?
>
> Quick google shows some 10-page thing ... that's it.

Think I found it (20 pages). It says:

Colibri PXA300 only:
  - USB 2.0 device (requires external UTMI chip)
Colibri PXA310 only:
  - Built-In USB 2.0 device transceiver

And further down:

1.4.1 Colibri PXA310 only:
Wolfson WM9715L Audio-Codec
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/

SMSC ULPI Transceiver USB3329
http://www.smsc.com/

Fairchild USB Transceiver USB1T1105
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/

So, couldn't it also be the Fairchild tranceiver? Or both??

Best regards,
Bj?rn Forsman

* colibri-pxa300 USB patch
@ 2011-01-23 14:35         ` Igor Grinberg
From: Igor Grinberg @ 2011-01-23 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Guys,

On 01/23/11 16:22, Bj?rn Forsman wrote:

> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:
>> On Sunday 23 January 2011 13:49:41 Bj?rn Forsman wrote:
>>> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:
> [snip git trees and workflow stuff]

>>> TOP port.
>> Maybe it really cannot be used with pxa310 colibri. But then I think it worked
>> on their wince crap.
> I have a Colibri PXA310 module with WinCE preflashed. I will test what
> USB ports it supports on monday.
>
>> btw. please keep the LAKML CCed.

>>> No luck with bottom port for me. Do you have a link to that datasheet?
>> Quick google shows some 10-page thing ... that's it.
> Think I found it (20 pages). It says:
>
> Colibri PXA300 only:
>   - USB 2.0 device (requires external UTMI chip)
> Colibri PXA310 only:
>   - Built-In USB 2.0 device transceiver
>

> And further down:
>
> 1.4.1 Colibri PXA310 only:
> Wolfson WM9715L Audio-Codec
> http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/
>
> SMSC ULPI Transceiver USB3329
> http://www.smsc.com/

This one is most likely the port2 transceiver (OTG),

> Fairchild USB Transceiver USB1T1105
> http://www.fairchildsemi.com/

and this one should be the port3 transceiver (Host).

> So, couldn't it also be the Fairchild tranceiver? Or both??
>
> Best regards,
> Bj?rn Forsman

Igor.

* colibri-pxa300 USB patch
@ 2011-01-24 11:27         ` Bjørn Forsman
From: Bjørn Forsman @ 2011-01-24 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

2011/1/23 Bj?rn Forsman <bjorn.forsman@gmail.com>:
> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:
>> On Sunday 23 January 2011 13:49:41 Bj?rn Forsman wrote:
>>> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com>:
>
> [snip git trees and workflow stuff]

>>> TOP port.
>>
>> Maybe it really cannot be used with pxa310 colibri. But then I think it worked
>> on their wince crap.
>
> I have a Colibri PXA310 module with WinCE preflashed. I will test what
> USB ports it supports on monday.

I just tested WinCE on Colibri PXA310 (in Colibri Evaluation board)
and it supports both top and bottom USB host ports.

Best regards,
Bj?rn Forsman