* mini PCI express WLAN card
@ 2011-01-25 11:38 Josef Windorfer
From: Josef Windorfer @ 2011-01-25 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi all,

I want to buy the mainboard ZOTAC G41-ITX with an mini PCI express WLAN card.

I have only a few information about the card (from the manufacturer).
It's an Atheros card with either AzureWave WiFi Modul AW NE771 or AzureWave WiFi AR5 B 91.

Is there a driver support in linux available?
I'm not realy successful by searching google.

Thanks!

Greets Josef

* Re: mini PCI express WLAN card
@ 2011-01-25 12:35 ` Dennis Borgmann
From: Dennis Borgmann @ 2011-01-25 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Windorfer; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hello Josef!

Do you know the chipset, which is used in your card? As far as I can
see, it seems to be a 802.11n-card, which would mean, you need ath9k. As
soon as you know the chipset, check this page:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k#supported_chipsets

If yours is within this list, the device should work.

Kind regards,
Dennis Borgmann

@ 2011-01-25 15:11 Josef Windorfer
From: Josef Windorfer @ 2011-01-25 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dennis Borgmann; +Cc: linux-wireless

Unfortunately, I don't know the chipset, but it's a 802.11n-card.

I will buy this board and try to run the ath9k driver and post my experiences here! ;-)

thanks.
Greets Josef