* [dm-crypt] serious bug report
@ 2011-01-27 11:22 alessandro b
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: alessandro b @ 2011-01-27 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-crypt

Gutten TagHi mein name is Alessandro
I am having trouble, since i upgradede my motherbord, THE INSTALED BOARD WAS SATA THE NW ONE IS PATA THE RESULT IS THAT BLOCK CHANGED FROM SDA TO HDALUKS2 PASSPHRASE KEEPS ASKING FOR /DEV/SDA2THEN ENTERED LINUX RESCUE MODE WITH THE INTALL DISK IT ASKS CORRECTLY FOR THE PASSPHRASE IN /DEV/HDA2I PROCEEDED WITH GRUB RECHECK TO UPDATE THINGSTRIED AGAIN BUT I SEEM TO BE MISSING SOMETHINGTOOK HOURS AND DAYS LOOKING IN THE NET FOR THIS ANSWER BEFORE BOTHERING YOU.CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS???

* Re: [dm-crypt] serious bug report
@ 2011-01-27 12:51 ` Arno Wagner
From: Arno Wagner @ 2011-01-27 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-crypt

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:22:10AM +0000, alessandro b wrote:

> Gutten TagHi mein name is Alessandro
>
> I am having trouble, since i upgradede my motherbord, THE INSTALED BOARD
> WAS SATA THE NW ONE IS PATA THE RESULT IS THAT BLOCK CHANGED FROM SDA TO
> HDALUKS2 PASSPHRASE KEEPS ASKING FOR /DEV/SDA2THEN ENTERED LINUX RESCUE
> MODE WITH THE INTALL DISK IT ASKS CORRECTLY FOR THE PASSPHRASE IN
> /DEV/HDA2I PROCEEDED WITH GRUB RECHECK TO UPDATE THINGSTRIED AGAIN BUT I
> SEEM TO BE MISSING SOMETHINGTOOK HOURS AND DAYS LOOKING IN THE NET FOR
> THIS ANSWER BEFORE BOTHERING YOU.CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS???

Aehm, "Go away, scream around somewhere else!" ?

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@wagner.name
----

* Re: [dm-crypt] serious bug report
@ 2011-01-27 15:29 ` Heinz Diehl
From: Heinz Diehl @ 2011-01-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-crypt

On 27.01.2011, alessandro b wrote:

> I am having trouble, since i upgradede my motherbord
[....]

Would you mind to specify your problem a little bit more clearly?
Franky, right now I don't understand what your problem actually is.

* Re: [dm-crypt] serious bug report
@ 2011-01-27 15:54 ` Milan Broz
From: Milan Broz @ 2011-01-27 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alessandro b; +Cc: dm-crypt

Hi,

if you are not just trolling here, please try to read netiquette
(how to write proper subject, describe the problem and mainly
why switching caps lock off helps).

If you upgraded motherboard and device switched from sda
to hda (while it is still SATA device) it usually means that
your kernel is missing proper sata drivers and some generic
drivers are used.

It is possible that you need not only change Grub but also
regenerate initramfs in boot ramdisk to load proper drivers.
And sometimes set up BIOS properly.

How to do it depends on your distro, it is quite possible
you will need to boot from rescue cd disk or recovery
shell to do that.

Milan