* does the clone I do have the commits within them .
@ 2011-02-01 13:20 Vaishali
From: Vaishali @ 2011-02-01 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

 hi , I am have cloned the
git://gitorious.org/~dbeck/hawkboard/dbeck-hawkboard-linux-omapl1.git
  found at http://gitorious.org/~dbeck/hawkboard/dbeck-hawkboard-linux-omapl1...
Now I see there is a tab called Commit log ...The git that I have
cloned , would it include the commits in totality or will I have to do
somethng diferent to get the commits into the git that I cloned on my
PC. git checkout -f master git pull  ... Is this .?
Thanks

* Re: does the clone I do have the commits within them .
@ 2011-02-01 14:47 ` Konstantin Khomoutov
From: Konstantin Khomoutov @ 2011-02-01 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vaishali; +Cc: git

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 18:50:39 +0530
Vaishali <vaishali.dhakate@sukrutsystems.com> wrote:

>  hi , I am have cloned the
> git://gitorious.org/~dbeck/hawkboard/dbeck-hawkboard-linux-omapl1.git
>   found at
> http://gitorious.org/~dbeck/hawkboard/dbeck-hawkboard-linux-omapl1...
> Now I see there is a tab called Commit log ...The git that I have
> cloned , would it include the commits in totality or will I have to
> do somethng diferent to get the commits into the git that I cloned on
> my PC. git checkout -f master git pull  ... Is this .? Thanks

If I got it right, the question is "does cloning a repository bring
all the data or just changelogs?". In this case the answer is "yes, it
brings all the data". That is, you can check out any commit in the
history record of any branch fetched by git-clone.

As usually, starting from a good book on Git it recommended, see
http://git-scm.com/documentation