* e2fsprogs git master branch
@ 2011-02-04 22:40 Andreas Dilger
From: Andreas Dilger @ 2011-02-04 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Ts'o; +Cc: ext4 List

Ted,
I was going to port some of the Lustre patches to the master branch of e2fsprogs (where I thought 1.42 would be derived from, with the >16TB changes).  However, it looks like master is only up-to-date with v1.41.12 (as per version.h and the RELEASE-NOTES files), and not 1.41.14.

Is "master" the right place to be porting patches for 1.42, or is there some other target ("next", perhaps) that is the right place to go?

Perhaps a few words in README, or README.git that describes the branches would be useful?

Cheers, Andreas

* Re: e2fsprogs git master branch
@ 2011-02-07  1:54 ` Ted Ts'o
From: Ted Ts'o @ 2011-02-07  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Dilger; +Cc: ext4 List

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:40:27PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> Ted,
> I was going to port some of the Lustre patches to the master branch
> of e2fsprogs (where I thought 1.42 would be derived from, with the
> >16TB changes).  However, it looks like master is only up-to-date
> with v1.41.12 (as per version.h and the RELEASE-NOTES files), and
> not 1.41.14.

Um, I just checked e2fsprogs.git on git.kernel.org, and the master
branch is in fact up to date with respect to 1.41.14...

See:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master

So it sounds like your master branch is out of date....

      	     	       	      	     	    - Ted