* Too many failed open syscalls
@ 2011-02-09 17:09 Steve M. Zak
From: Steve M. Zak @ 2011-02-09 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-audit

audit-2.0.6 sounds interesting.

We have been having an issue that got much worse just recently where the audits based on nispom.rules are generating millions of failed "open" syscall events.

In the past I saw failed open for the lock files under /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/etc/settings/... This seems to be related to KDE and maybe Kdevelop.  The number of events were manageable.

gdb is now asking for many files under /usr/local/gcc441/...  and under a home directory where gcc was configured where users have read permissions.  Does this seem like an audit issue or a gcc/gdb issue?  I can filter the audit.log, but 1GB of audit logs a day is too much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve M. Zak