From: u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de (Uwe Kleine-König)
To: linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Machine ID question
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:29:15 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 02:23:07PM -0700, John Linn wrote:
> I used the form to create a new machine ID for the new Xilinx platform
> in anticipation of
> the code making it into the mainline sometime in the future.
>
> The proposed patches are using ARCH_XILINX in the Kconfig.
You should use MACH_XILINX in the patches.  There are some ARCH_... in
the machine db, but I think nowadays you cannot (and should not) create
them there.

> Below is the line that it created when I clicked on this link:
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/download.php
>
> xilinx			MACH_XILINX		XILINX
> 3343
>
> Did I hose it up as the form wasn't completely clear to me (if I needed
> to enter ARCH_XILINX)?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the
> named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be
hmm, I'm at least not named explicitly, still I think the intention of
your mail was to get an answer.  IMHO it's not very sensible to add this
footer on postings to public mailing lists.

> proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you
> are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this
> email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and any
> attachments immediately.

Best regards
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Uwe Kleine-K?nig            |