* project ideas
@ 2011-03-10  6:09 mohit verma
From: mohit verma @ 2011-03-10  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi all  ,

I am seeking for any project on Networking related stuff ( in kernel land).
I have visited the kernelnewbies.org janitors and kernel projects. Among
them i found two projects of my interest but both of them are completed. So
can anyone suggest me any ideas?

I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.

*MOHIT VERMA*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* project ideas
@ 2011-03-10  8:33 ` chandrakant kumar
From: chandrakant kumar @ 2011-03-10  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Mohit

You may want to try NFS version 4, nfs.sourceforge.net

On 3/10/11, mohit verma <mohit89mlnc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all  ,
>
> I am seeking for any project on Networking related stuff ( in kernel land).
> I have visited the kernelnewbies.org janitors and kernel projects. Among
> them i found two projects of my interest but both of them are completed. So
> can anyone suggest me any ideas?
>

> I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.

> *MOHIT VERMA*

* project ideas
@ 2011-03-10 10:51   ` Rajat Sharma
From: Rajat Sharma @ 2011-03-10 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

> You may want to try NFS version 4, nfs.sourceforge.net

could you be more informative, version 4 is long been into the mainline kernel.

Rajat

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM, chandrakant kumar
<k.03chandra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohit
>
> You may want to try NFS version 4, nfs.sourceforge.net
>
> On 3/10/11, mohit verma <mohit89mlnc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all ?,
>>
>> I am seeking for any project on Networking related stuff ( in kernel land).
>> I have visited the kernelnewbies.org janitors and kernel projects. Among
>> them i found two projects of my interest but both of them are completed. So
>> can anyone suggest me any ideas?
>>

>> I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.
>>
>> --
>> *MOHIT VERMA*

* project ideas
@ 2011-03-10 11:34 ` Anupam Kapoor
From: Anupam Kapoor @ 2011-03-10 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

,----
| > I am seeking for any project on Networking related stuff ( in kernel land).
| > I have visited the kernelnewbies.org janitors and kernel projects. Among
| > them i found two projects of my interest but both of them are completed. So
| > can anyone suggest me any ideas?
| >
| > I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.
`----
if you have not seen this it already, this:
http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net_todo.html might be helpful.

kind regards
anupam
--
In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and
Emacs was the lambda.

* project ideas
@ 2011-03-10 11:51     ` chandrakant kumar
From: chandrakant kumar @ 2011-03-10 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

There is still a TODO list. Pick a task from that list and do it.
On 3/10/11, Rajat Sharma <fs.rajat@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You may want to try NFS version 4, nfs.sourceforge.net
>
> could you be more informative, version 4 is long been into the mainline
> kernel.
>
> Rajat
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM, chandrakant kumar
> <k.03chandra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Mohit
>>
>> You may want to try NFS version 4, nfs.sourceforge.net
>>
>> On 3/10/11, mohit verma <mohit89mlnc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all  ,
>>>
>>> I am seeking for any project on Networking related stuff ( in kernel
>>> land).
>>> I have visited the kernelnewbies.org janitors and kernel projects. Among
>>> them i found two projects of my interest but both of them are completed.
>>> So
>>> can anyone suggest me any ideas?
>>>

>>> I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *MOHIT VERMA*

* 答复: project ideas
@ 2011-03-15 14:06   ` LovelyLich
From: LovelyLich @ 2011-03-15 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

I have the same problem,but I want to know the to do projects list,which is
not related with networking....
Where can I find that?thanks for any replies in advance....

-----????-----
???: kernelnewbies-bounces at kernelnewbies.org
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounces at kernelnewbies.org] ?? Anupam Kapoor
????: 2011?3?10? 19:34
???: mohit verma
??: kernelnewbies
??: Re: project ideas

,----
| > I am seeking for any project on Networking related stuff ( in kernel
land).
| > I have visited the kernelnewbies.org janitors and kernel projects.
| > Among them i found two projects of my interest but both of them are
| > completed. So can anyone suggest me any ideas?
| >
| > I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.
`----
if you have not seen this it already, this:
http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net_todo.html might be helpful.

kind regards
anupam
--
In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.

* Re: 答复: project ideas
@ 2011-03-15 14:26     ` Greg Freemyer
From: Greg Freemyer @ 2011-03-15 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

2011/3/15 LovelyLich <lovelylich@gmail.com>:
> I have the same problem,but I want to know the to do projects list,which is
> not related with networking....
> Where can I find that?thanks for any replies in advance....

There are a lot of subsystem maintainers and currently they each
maintain a separate todo list.  And I doubt most of the lists are
public.

Things like the kernel janitors list are meant to be relatively easy
todo's, but for a project large enough for a GSOC project I think you
need to look for something bigger than that.

For a GSOC project, I believe you need to at least have an idea of
which part of the kernel you want to work on before you are going to
be able to get much in the way of advice.

Greg

* 答复: project ideas
@ 2011-03-15 14:37       ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2011-03-15 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:26:24AM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> 2011/3/15 LovelyLich <lovelylich@gmail.com>:
> > I have the same problem,but I want to know the to do projects list,which is
> > not related with networking....
> > Where can I find that?thanks for any replies in advance....
>
> There are a lot of subsystem maintainers and currently they each
> maintain a separate todo list.  And I doubt most of the lists are
> public.

Well, here's a great list to start with if people want to help out:
	drivers/staging/*/TODO