* linux-cr:  ckpt-v23-rc2 pushed
@ 2011-04-17  0:59 Oren Laadan
       [not found] ` <4DAA3B61.10504-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org>
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-04-17  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Containers; +Cc: Dan Smith

Hi,

I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
It applies on top of 2.6.37.

It passes all my testing here. I'd be happy with more testing and for more
architectures (PPC and ARM are still out until I receive updated patchsets).

If you notice that I left out a patch/fix, please let me know.

Thanks,

Oren.

* Re: linux-cr:  ckpt-v23-rc2 pushed
       [not found] ` <4DAA3B61.10504-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-04-17 13:13   ` Serge E. Hallyn
       [not found]     ` <20110417131351.GA19709-A9i7LUbDfNHQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Serge E. Hallyn @ 2011-04-17 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oren Laadan; +Cc: Linux Containers, Dan Smith

Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org):
> Hi,
>
> I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
> and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
> It applies on top of 2.6.37.
>
> It passes all my testing here.

Do you have a checklist you can share?

>  I'd be happy with more testing and for more
> architectures (PPC and ARM are still out until I receive updated patchsets).
>
> If you notice that I left out a patch/fix, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,

I'll kick off a build hopefully tonight.

Has anyone else had some thoughts on how to start on automated testing?
Should we take a look at jenkins?  Does anyone have some hardware they
can dedicate?  I think it would be a reasonable start to do crosscompile
builds for each support arch, with and without CR, and to fire off
qemu VMs for each arch just for a standard set of c/r tests (presumably
the ones under user-cr/tests) - and do that once per day.   If it fails,
auto-fetch a list of commits since last success.

-serge

@ 2011-04-18 13:35   ` Dan Smith
       [not found]     ` <87ipubptr1.fsf-FLMGYpZoEPULwtHQx/6qkW3U47Q5hpJU@public.gmane.org>
From: Dan Smith @ 2011-04-18 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oren Laadan; +Cc: Linux Containers

OL> If you notice that I left out a patch/fix, please let me know.

Have you had a chance to look at Matt's unlinked files patches yet?  I
know you were very interested in those at one point.  I believe we're
still hunting for a big memory leak, so I'd be interested to hear if you
can reproduce it as well.

Thanks!

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center

@ 2011-04-18 18:18   ` Matt Helsley
       [not found]     ` <20110418181803.GA3740-52DBMbEzqgQ/wnmkkaCWp/UQ3DHhIser@public.gmane.org>
From: Matt Helsley @ 2011-04-18 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oren Laadan; +Cc: Linux Containers, Dan Smith

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 08:59:13PM -0400, Oren Laadan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
> and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
> It applies on top of 2.6.37.

Given that there have already been 3 -stable releases I was thinking it
seems reasonable to move on to 2.6.38 for -rc3. What do you think?

Cheers,
	-Matt

@ 2011-04-18 20:33       ` Serge Hallyn
From: Serge Hallyn @ 2011-04-18 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Helsley; +Cc: Linux Containers, Dan Smith

Quoting Matt Helsley (matthltc-r/Jw6+rmf7HQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org):
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 08:59:13PM -0400, Oren Laadan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
> > and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
> > It applies on top of 2.6.37.
>
> Given that there have already been 3 -stable releases I was thinking it
> seems reasonable to move on to 2.6.38 for -rc3. What do you think?

That'd be nice.  OTOH, the ckpt-v23-rc2 compiled fine for me both kernel
and userspace.  I haven't had time to test yet - hopefully sometime this
week.  Anyone is welcome to use the packages of course, at ppa:appcr/ppa.

@ 2011-04-24  5:47       ` Oren Laadan
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-04-24  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Smith; +Cc: Linux Containers

On 04/18/2011 09:35 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
> OL> If you notice that I left out a patch/fix, please let me know.
>
> Have you had a chance to look at Matt's unlinked files patches yet?  I
> know you were very interested in those at one point.  I believe we're
> still hunting for a big memory leak, so I'd be interested to hear if you
> can reproduce it as well.

Yes, and I'll post reviews shortly.

As for the memory leak, is there a specific test program (plus
instructions) to reproduce it ?

@ 2011-04-24  6:02       ` Oren Laadan
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-04-24  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge E. Hallyn; +Cc: Linux Containers, Dan Smith

On 04/17/2011 09:13 AM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org):
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
>> and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
>> It applies on top of 2.6.37.
>>
>> It passes all my testing here.
>
> Do you have a checklist you can share?

The tests in user-cr, and the tests from tests-cr (the latter I had
to modify a bit to work in my environment).

>>  I'd be happy with more testing and for more
>> architectures (PPC and ARM are still out until I receive updated patchsets).
>>
>> If you notice that I left out a patch/fix, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> I'll kick off a build hopefully tonight.
>
> Has anyone else had some thoughts on how to start on automated testing?
> Should we take a look at jenkins?  Does anyone have some hardware they
> can dedicate?  I think it would be a reasonable start to do crosscompile
> builds for each support arch, with and without CR, and to fire off
> qemu VMs for each arch just for a standard set of c/r tests (presumably
> the ones under user-cr/tests) - and do that once per day.   If it fails,
> auto-fetch a list of commits since last success.

All sounds good. Let me know how I can help.
I may be able to host a few VMs for testing at Columbia.

Dan: can you give it a test-drive through IBM's test suite ?
(also, any progress with that ?)

@ 2011-04-24  6:04       ` Oren Laadan
       [not found]         ` <4DB3BD53.40102-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org>
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-04-24  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Helsley; +Cc: Linux Containers, Dan Smith

On 04/18/2011 02:18 PM, Matt Helsley wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 08:59:13PM -0400, Oren Laadan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
>> and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
>> It applies on top of 2.6.37.
>
> Given that there have already been 3 -stable releases I was thinking it
> seems reasonable to move on to 2.6.38 for -rc3. What do you think?

Too late for rc3, will do that for rc4.
Transition should be easy, I can take on it.

@ 2011-04-24  9:34           ` Oren Laadan
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-04-24  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Helsley; +Cc: Linux Containers, Dan Smith

On 04/24/2011 02:04 AM, Oren Laadan wrote:

> On 04/18/2011 02:18 PM, Matt Helsley wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 08:59:13PM -0400, Oren Laadan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I finally merged all the recent patches and bug fixes, including hugetlb
>>> and pids-as-objects. I pushed it as ckpt-v23-rc2 - both linux-cr and user-cr.
>>> It applies on top of 2.6.37.
>>
>> Given that there have already been 3 -stable releases I was thinking it
>> seems reasonable to move on to 2.6.38 for -rc3. What do you think?
>
> Too late for rc3, will do that for rc4.

Wah .... too much jetlag :(
Will definitely do for rc3 !

Oren