* Problems using channel-attached 3270 terminal
@ 2011-04-19 14:58 Patrick Finnegan
From: Patrick Finnegan @ 2011-04-19 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-s390

I have a couple of 3270-mode terminals locally attached via a 3174-21L
on my z890 running Debian/Squeeze in an LPAR.

According to the 3270 terminal driver documentation, I should be able to
enter ctrl-C, ctrl-D, etc, using ^C or ^D.  I can successfully do this
from the SE/HMC console window.

Of course, a locally attached 3270 terminal (I've used a 3279 and 3483
InfoWindow II) doesn't seem to be able to generate a proper character
code for "^", so I have attempted and failed to get the "�" character
(shift-6 on a 3270 keyboard) recognised as a "^".

I tried modifying the kernel source (defkeymap.map and ctrlchar.c under
drivers/s390/char/), and also using dumpkeys/loadkeys to view and modify
the keymap at runtime.

According to dumpkeys, the only compose sequenses by default are "^" "z"
-> "\000".  I used loadkeys to load my modified keymap, which included
the default compose sequences, along with versions modified to use "�"
instead of "^", but it still didn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pat
--
Purdue University Research Computing --  http://www.rcac.purdue.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-04-19 14:58 UTC | newest]