From: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>,
	Stephen Boyd <sboyd@codeaurora.org>,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@suse.de>,
	Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>,
	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
Subject: LPC2011 Power Management Micro Conf
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 13:53:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

In the previous years we used to organize Power Management Mini Summits to discuss PM
issues, the last of which took place during LinuxCon in Boston in 2010. Unfortunately,
however, it wasn't particularly well attended and the participants generally felt that
it had failed its purpose. The power management track at the last LPC, on the other
hand, was generally regarded as interesting and successful, so there only seems to be
room for one event devoted to power management a year. For this reason, there won't be
a PM Mini Summit in 2011 and the LPC PM Mini Conference will play the role of the Mini
Summit.  To this end, in addition to the plenary sessions within the LPC PM track
there will be a possibility to discuss specific problems related to power management
in smaller groups.

If there's anything you'd like to discuss or give a presentation on related to
Power Management, please submit a proposal at
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2011/ocw/events/LPC2011MC/proposals
or simply let me know.

At the moment, there are two session slots allocated.  One of them will cover
the power management development during the last year, but in that context I also
would like to discuss things that are still missing and problems to solve.
The second one will cover the idle power consumption problem and will be led
by Len Brown.  Len has a lot of experience in that area, mostly with systems
based on Intel hardware, so if you want to contribute your own observations
and/or results related to idle power, please let me know.

We will have the time for one more sessions slot, so please give me your
suggestions related to it. Also, please let me know if there's anything you'd
like to discuss in smaller groups after the plenary sessions.

Best regards,
Rafael