* Bug: User can access dir while root can't?
@ 2011-05-18 15:45 Cord Seele
From: Cord Seele @ 2011-05-18 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuse-devel; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

Hello,

I encountered this strange behaviour and think this might be a bug (or at
least a vfs inconsistency). I've found a dir .gvfs in my home dir that i can
access as user but root fails with EACCES:

~> ls -dlin .gvfs
1 dr-x------ 2 1000 100 0 13. Mai 10:13 .gvfs
~> cd .gvfs
~/.gvfs> ls -lan
total 4
dr-x------  2 1000 100    0 May 13 10:13 .
drwxr-xr-x 75 1000 100 4096 May 18 17:30 ..
~/.gvfs> cd ..
~> su
Passwort:
# ls -dlin .gvfs
ls: cannot access .gvfs: Permission denied
# cd .gvfs
bash: cd: .gvfs: Permission denied

~> mount|grep gvfs
gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/cord/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,
nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=100)

My kernel is a 2.6.37.6 (from an OpenSUSE 11.4).

Is the access denial to root for this directory considered OK? I also wonder
about the reported dir size of zero (or is this normal for FUSE which I am not
familiar with).

Sorry for the noise, if this is all due to a misbehaving gvfs-fuse-daemon.

Thanks,

Cord

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-05-18 16:10 UTC | newest]