* linux-next: manual merge of the i.MX tree with the  tree
@ 2011-05-23  1:45 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-05-23  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Russell King

Hi Sascha,

Today's linux-next merge of the i.MX tree got a conflict in
arch/arm/mach-imx/Kconfig arch/arm/plat-mxc/Kconfig between the "same"
commits from the arm tree and the i.MX tree.

Please don't rearrange commits when upstreaming them - or if you do, then
update the source tree as well.  I am assuming that the commits that are
in the arm tree amount to the same as what has been int the i.MX tree for
some time.  There are a couple of extra commits in the i.MX tree, so I
just used the i.MX version of those files.   This may not work.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 490 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the i.MX tree with the  tree
@ 2011-05-23  7:19 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2011-05-23  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Russell King

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:45:42AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the i.MX tree got a conflict in
> arch/arm/mach-imx/Kconfig arch/arm/plat-mxc/Kconfig between the "same"
> commits from the arm tree and the i.MX tree.
>
> Please don't rearrange commits when upstreaming them - or if you do, then
> update the source tree as well.  I am assuming that the commits that are
> in the arm tree amount to the same as what has been int the i.MX tree for
> some time.  There are a couple of extra commits in the i.MX tree, so I
> just used the i.MX version of those files.   This may not work.

I have forgotten that my tree shows up in -next twice once rmk pulled
from me. I removed these patches from my -next queue and will hopefully
remember it next time aswell.

Thanks
 Sascha