* Degraded PGs blocking open()?
@ 2011-06-07  0:37 Székelyi Szabolcs
From: Székelyi Szabolcs @ 2011-06-07  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi all,

I have a three node ceph setup, two nodes playing all three roles (OSD, MDS,
MON), and one being just a monitor (which happens to be the client I'm using
the filesystem from).

I want to achieve high availablity by mirroring all data between the OSDs and
being able to still access everything even if one of them goes down. The
mirroring works fine, I see the space being consumed on both nodes as I copy
data on the file system. According to `ceph -s`, all PGs are in active+clean
state. If I start reading a big file and shut down one of the (OSD+MDS+MON)
nodes, the file can still be read until the end, that's fine. Moreover, the
contents read back seem correct when compared to the original file. Very nice.
But if I start reading the file while one of the nodes is down, it blocks until
the node comes up again. I can't even kill the reading process with KILL,
TERM, or INT.

Am I doing something wrong, or was not careful enough reading the docs, or may
this be a bug? My ceph.conf is attached.

cc