* comedi doesn't build on several architectures
@ 2011-06-22  2:49 David Miller
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Miller @ 2011-06-22  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: greg; +Cc: linux-kernel

It depends upon PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE which only a handful of
platforms define.

Really, enabling staging in Linus's tree with all this build fallout
was not the wisest.  It's blowing up all of my allmodconfig test
builds now.

Stick it to -next first next time.

* Re: comedi doesn't build on several architectures
@ 2011-06-22  3:16 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-06-22  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: greg, linux-kernel

Hi Dave,

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:49:25 -0700 (PDT) David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:

> It depends upon PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE which only a handful of
> platforms define.
>
> Really, enabling staging in Linus's tree with all this build fallout
> was not the wisest.  It's blowing up all of my allmodconfig test
> builds now.
>
> Stick it to -next first next time.

It was (briefly :-() and I complained about build breakages.  There are
still some (as you have seen).  And lots of new warnings (which I am
ignoring mostly because there are so many warnings anyway).

See msgid <20110609172745.dfd3a298.sfr@canb.auug.org.au> on lkml from Jun 9.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 490 bytes --]

* Re: comedi doesn't build on several architectures
@ 2011-06-22 14:08 ` Arnd Bergmann
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2011-06-22 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: greg, linux-kernel

On Wednesday 22 June 2011, David Miller wrote:
> It depends upon PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE which only a handful of
> platforms define.
>
> Really, enabling staging in Linus's tree with all this build fallout
> was not the wisest.  It's blowing up all of my allmodconfig test
> builds now.

Is staging supposed to compile on non-x86? I've done a lot of
ARM randconfig builds, but I just disabled all of staging using
KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG because I didn't see the point.

	Arnd

* Re: comedi doesn't build on several architectures
@ 2011-06-22 15:39 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2011-06-22 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 07:49:25PM -0700, David Miller wrote:

> It depends upon PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE which only a handful of
> platforms define.

Yes, sorry, I'm working on fixing them and will do so next week when I
return from vacation.

> Really, enabling staging in Linus's tree with all this build fallout
> was not the wisest.  It's blowing up all of my allmodconfig test
> builds now.
>
> Stick it to -next first next time.

Linus wanted it now, and as it had been passing the 'randconfig' builds
by Randy and others for a long time, I figured it was safe to do this.

I'll get these resolved next week.

thanks,

greg k-h