* pairing device in text mode
@ 2011-07-01  8:18 W.P.
From: W.P. @ 2011-07-01  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi there,
after upgrading BlueZ (4.87, obexd also) on my system (Fedora
8/10/source) kbluetooth stopped working.
It dies with SIGABRT.
In Konquerror I can go to address obex:xxxx but not to address
bluetooth:xxxx.
And now I need to pair additional device with my PC (mouse).

How can I do this in text mode?
(mouse does not require PIN)
I can see it using hcitool scanning so I need only some tool to force
pairing.

W.P.

* Re: pairing device in text mode
@ 2011-07-01  8:44 ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2011-07-01  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: W.P.; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011, W.P. wrote:
> How can I do this in text mode?

You can pair with "simple-agent hci0 <remote address>". To simply create
a new device object without pairing you can use "test-device create
<remote address>". Once you've created the object you can connect HID to
the device with "test-input connect <remote address". To make it
possible for the remote device to connect back to you later without user
interaction do "test-device trusted <remote address> yes". simple-agent,
test-input and test-device can be found under the test subdirectory in
the source tree.

> (mouse does not require PIN)

That doesn't make any sense. A PIN is a mandatory input parameter to the
pairing process with any Bluetooth 2.0 or older device. Or do you mean
to say that the mouse doesn't require pairing at all?

Johan

* Re: pairing device in text mode
@ 2011-07-01  9:38   ` W.P.
From: W.P. @ 2011-07-01  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Użytkownik Johan Hedberg napisał:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011, W.P. wrote:
>
>> How can I do this in text mode?
>>

> You can pair with "simple-agent hci0 <remote address>". To simply create
> a new device object without pairing you can use "test-device create
> <remote address>". Once you've created the object you can connect HID to
> the device with "test-input connect <remote address". To make it
> possible for the remote device to connect back to you later without user
> interaction do "test-device trusted <remote address> yes". simple-agent,
> test-input and test-device can be found under the test subdirectory in
> the source tree.

[root@laurent-home test]# test-device create 00:1A:40:01:AE:09
New device (/org/bluez/2269/hci0/dev_00_1A_40_01_AE_09)

But:
[root@laurent-home test]# test-input connect 00:1A:40:01:AE:09
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/test-input", line 40, in <module>
    input.Connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
__call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
__call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630,
in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.Failed: Connection
refused (111)

linkkeys not added.

What should I do / check?
> That doesn't make any sense. A PIN is a mandatory input parameter to the
> pairing process with any Bluetooth 2.0 or older device. Or do you mean
> to say that the mouse doesn't require pairing at all?

It does require pairing. But in Win$ I simply choose option "without
security code", as said in manual.

@ 2011-07-01  9:55   ` W.P.
From: W.P. @ 2011-07-01  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Użytkownik Johan Hedberg napisał:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011, W.P. wrote:
>
>> How can I do this in text mode?
>>

> You can pair with "simple-agent hci0 <remote address>". To simply create
> a new device object without pairing you can use "test-device create
> <remote address>". Once you've created the object you can connect HID to
> the device with "test-input connect <remote address". To make it
> possible for the remote device to connect back to you later without user
> interaction do "test-device trusted <remote address> yes". simple-agent,
> test-input and test-device can be found under the test subdirectory in
> the source tree.

[root@laurent-home test]# simple-agent hci0 00:1A:40:01:AE:09
Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed:
Authentication Failed

[root@laurent-home test]# test-device create 00:1A:40:01:AE:09
New device (/org/bluez/2269/hci0/dev_00_1A_40_01_AE_09)

But:
[root@laurent-home test]# test-input connect 00:1A:40:01:AE:09
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/test-input", line 40, in <module>
    input.Connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
__call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
__call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630,
in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.Failed: Connection
refused (111)

linkkeys not added.

What should I do / check?
> That doesn't make any sense. A PIN is a mandatory input parameter to the
> pairing process with any Bluetooth 2.0 or older device. Or do you mean
> to say that the mouse doesn't require pairing at all?

It does require pairing. But in Win$ I simply choose option "without
security code", as said in manual.

W.P.
linux-bluetooth" in