* linux-next tree addition request (fbdev)
@ 2011-08-24 13:40 Florian Tobias Schandinat
From: Florian Tobias Schandinat @ 2011-08-24 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt

Hi Stephen,

can you please add

    git://github.com/schandinat/linux-2.6.git fbdev-next

to linux-next. It collects patches for the frame buffer subsystem.
contact for warnings/errors/problems?

You probably want to drop Paul's fbdev branches as they contain some outdated
patches that will conflict with the newer versions.

Thanks,

Florian Tobias Schandinat

* Re: linux-next tree addition request (fbdev)
@ 2011-08-24 14:33   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-08-24 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Tobias Schandinat; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt

Hi Florian,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:40:46 +0000 Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de> wrote:

> can you please add
>
>     git://github.com/schandinat/linux-2.6.git fbdev-next
>
> to linux-next. It collects patches for the frame buffer subsystem.
> contact for warnings/errors/problems?
>
> You probably want to drop Paul's fbdev branches as they contain some outdated
> patches that will conflict with the newer versions.

OK, Paul is still listed as the frame buffer subsystem maintainer, so I
will need an Ack from him.  When I get that, I will replace his tree with
yours.  I assume someone will update the MAINTAINERS file.

I also have another tree from Paul (called fbdev-current) that contained
fixes for Linus' current release.  I also assume that that tree will be
dropped (unless you have a new version of that as well).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 490 bytes --]

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-08-24 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Tobias Schandinat; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt

@ 2011-08-28 16:19     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-08-28 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Tobias Schandinat; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt

Hi Florian,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 00:33:53 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:40:46 +0000 Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > can you please add
> >
> >     git://github.com/schandinat/linux-2.6.git fbdev-next
> >
> > to linux-next. It collects patches for the frame buffer subsystem.
> > contact for warnings/errors/problems?
> >
> > You probably want to drop Paul's fbdev branches as they contain some outdated
> > patches that will conflict with the newer versions.
>
> OK, Paul is still listed as the frame buffer subsystem maintainer, so I
> will need an Ack from him.  When I get that, I will replace his tree with
> yours.  I assume someone will update the MAINTAINERS file.
>
> I also have another tree from Paul (called fbdev-current) that contained
> fixes for Linus' current release.  I also assume that that tree will be
> dropped (unless you have a new version of that as well).

Ping?  Anyone?

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-08-28 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Tobias Schandinat; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt

@ 2011-08-29  6:02       ` Paul Mundt
From: Paul Mundt @ 2011-08-29  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Florian Tobias Schandinat, linux-next, linux-fbdev

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 02:19:30AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 00:33:53 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:40:46 +0000 Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > can you please add
> > >
> > >     git://github.com/schandinat/linux-2.6.git fbdev-next
> > >
> > > to linux-next. It collects patches for the frame buffer subsystem.
> > > contact for warnings/errors/problems?
> > >
> > > You probably want to drop Paul's fbdev branches as they contain some outdated
> > > patches that will conflict with the newer versions.
> >
> > OK, Paul is still listed as the frame buffer subsystem maintainer, so I
> > will need an Ack from him.  When I get that, I will replace his tree with
> > yours.  I assume someone will update the MAINTAINERS file.
> >
> > I also have another tree from Paul (called fbdev-current) that contained
> > fixes for Linus' current release.  I also assume that that tree will be
> > dropped (unless you have a new version of that as well).
>
> Ping?  Anyone?

As long as Florian is taking care of the backlog of the stuff that is
already sitting in that branch, I have no problems with it being dropped.
I'm not planning on pushing any updates to it anyways.

From: Paul Mundt @ 2011-08-29  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Florian Tobias Schandinat, linux-next, linux-fbdev

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 02:19:30AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 00:33:53 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:40:46 +0000 Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > can you please add
> > >
> > >     git://github.com/schandinat/linux-2.6.git fbdev-next
> > >
> > > to linux-next. It collects patches for the frame buffer subsystem.
> > > contact for warnings/errors/problems?
> > >
> > > You probably want to drop Paul's fbdev branches as they contain some outdated
> > > patches that will conflict with the newer versions.
> >
> > OK, Paul is still listed as the frame buffer subsystem maintainer, so I
> > will need an Ack from him.  When I get that, I will replace his tree with
> > yours.  I assume someone will update the MAINTAINERS file.
> >
> > I also have another tree from Paul (called fbdev-current) that contained
> > fixes for Linus' current release.  I also assume that that tree will be
> > dropped (unless you have a new version of that as well).
>
> Ping?  Anyone?

As long as Florian is taking care of the backlog of the stuff that is
already sitting in that branch, I have no problems with it being dropped.
I'm not planning on pushing any updates to it anyways.

* Re: linux-next tree addition request (fbdev)
  (?)
@ 2011-08-29 10:47       ` Florian Tobias Schandinat
From: Florian Tobias Schandinat @ 2011-08-29 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Mundt; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-fbdev

Hi Paul,

On 08/29/2011 06:02 AM, Paul Mundt wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 02:19:30AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Hi Florian,

>>> OK, Paul is still listed as the frame buffer subsystem maintainer, so I
>>> will need an Ack from him.  When I get that, I will replace his tree with
>>> yours.  I assume someone will update the MAINTAINERS file.
>>>
>>> I also have another tree from Paul (called fbdev-current) that contained
>>> fixes for Linus' current release.  I also assume that that tree will be
>>> dropped (unless you have a new version of that as well).
>>
>> Ping?  Anyone?
>>
> As long as Florian is taking care of the backlog of the stuff that is
> already sitting in that branch, I have no problems with it being dropped.
> I'm not planning on pushing any updates to it anyways.

Merged the remaining patches of your branch.

@ 2011-08-29 23:43   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-08-29 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Tobias Schandinat; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt

Hi Florian,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:40:46 +0000 Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@gmx.de> wrote:

> can you please add
>
>     git://github.com/schandinat/linux-2.6.git fbdev-next
>
> to linux-next. It collects patches for the frame buffer subsystem.
> contact for warnings/errors/problems?
>
> You probably want to drop Paul's fbdev branches as they contain some outdated
> patches that will conflict with the newer versions.

I have replced Paul;s fbdev tree with yours and dropped his fbdev-current tree.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
	Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

Legal Stuff:
By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
public and will be included in the linux-next trees.  You may be sent
e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
linux-next.  These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc.  The linux-next tree
project and IBM (my employer) make no warranties regarding the linux-next
project, the testing procedures, the results, the e-mails, etc.  If you
don't agree to these ground rules, let me know and I'll remove your tree
from participation in linux-next.

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-08-29 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Tobias Schandinat; +Cc: linux-next, linux-fbdev, Paul Mundt