* [U-Boot] [PULL] U-Boot PXA
@ 2011-08-28  4:39 Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2011-08-28  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Albert ARIBAUD,

I prepared a branch for you to pull containing PXA fixes:

Cheers

The following changes since commit 6e8a3951f7656958cefccab55945604a8bbc43e7:

  Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot (2011-08-28 01:36:27 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.denx.de/u-boot-pxa.git for-arm-fix

Marek Vasut (3):
      PXA: Fix Lubbock, remove redundant parenthesis
      PXA: Fix CSB226, fix monitor length
      PXA: vpac270: Remove re-defined CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE

 board/lubbock/flash.c     |    2 +-
 include/configs/csb226.h  |    2 +-
 include/configs/vpac270.h |    1 -

* [U-Boot] [PULL] U-Boot PXA
@ 2011-08-28 10:20 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2011-08-28 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Marek Vasut,

In message <201108280639.56242.marek.vasut@gmail.com> you wrote:

> I prepared a branch for you to pull containing PXA fixes:
>
> Cheers
>
> The following changes since commit 6e8a3951f7656958cefccab55945604a8bbc43e7:
>
>   Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot (2011-08-28 01:36:27 +0200)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.denx.de/u-boot-pxa.git for-arm-fix
>
> Marek Vasut (3):
>       PXA: Fix Lubbock, remove redundant parenthesis
>       PXA: Fix CSB226, fix monitor length
>       PXA: vpac270: Remove re-defined CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE

Again, what a mess... Why are you selecting just 3 commits from a 6
patches series?  This makes no sense.

Either these are separate, independent patches, then submit
separately.  Or they form a series, with patches depending on each
other, then obviously you want to include ALL of them? Ok, # 3 and 4
are for other custodians, but there is still # 6 missing here?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A Stanford research group advertised for participants in a  study  of
obsessive-compulsive  disorder. They were looking for therapy clients
who had been diagnosed with this disorder. The  response  was  grati-
fying;  they  got  3,000 responses about three days after the ad came
out. All from the same person.

* [U-Boot] [PULL] U-Boot PXA
@ 2011-08-28 18:49   ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2011-08-28 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:20:34 PM Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Marek Vasut,
>
> In message <201108280639.56242.marek.vasut@gmail.com> you wrote:
> > I prepared a branch for you to pull containing PXA fixes:
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > The following changes since commit 6e8a3951f7656958cefccab55945604a8bbc43e7:
> >   Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot (2011-08-28 01:36:27
> >   +0200)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.denx.de/u-boot-pxa.git for-arm-fix
> >
> > Marek Vasut (3):
> >       PXA: Fix Lubbock, remove redundant parenthesis
> >       PXA: Fix CSB226, fix monitor length
> >       PXA: vpac270: Remove re-defined CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE
>
> Again, what a mess... Why are you selecting just 3 commits from a 6
> patches series?  This makes no sense.

Because Albert wanted me to send a pull rq with the PXA fixes. I don't know if he
hand-picked them already or not, but if not, here's a pull request.

> Either these are separate, independent patches, then submit
> separately.  Or they form a series, with patches depending on each
> other, then obviously you want to include ALL of them? Ok, # 3 and 4
> are for other custodians, but there is still # 6 missing here?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Cheers!

* [U-Boot] [PULL] U-Boot PXA
@ 2011-08-28 20:55     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2011-08-28 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Marek Vasut,

In message <201108282049.02428.marek.vasut@gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Again, what a mess... Why are you selecting just 3 commits from a 6
> > patches series?  This makes no sense.
> >
> Because Albert wanted me to send a pull rq with the PXA fixes. I don't know if he
> hand-picked them already or not, but if not, here's a pull request.

I think you did not understand what I mean.

My question was why (1) you send a patch series which is obviously
not really a set of patches that depend on each other (these should
be submitted as separate patches then), and (2) why you did not
inclyde the 4th PXA related patch into the pull request.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to  make  real  computers
act like the ones in movies.

* [U-Boot] [PULL] U-Boot PXA
@ 2011-08-28 21:53       ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2011-08-28 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sunday, August 28, 2011 10:55:33 PM Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Marek Vasut,
>
> In message <201108282049.02428.marek.vasut@gmail.com> you wrote:
> > > Again, what a mess... Why are you selecting just 3 commits from a 6
> > > patches series?  This makes no sense.
> >
> > Because Albert wanted me to send a pull rq with the PXA fixes. I don't
> > know if he hand-picked them already or not, but if not, here's a pull
> > request.
>
> I think you did not understand what I mean.
>
> My question was why (1) you send a patch series which is obviously
> not really a set of patches that depend on each other (these should
> be submitted as separate patches then), and

Ok, I get what you mean.

> (2) why you did not
> inclyde the 4th PXA related patch into the pull request.

Because that's really something I want to be tested properly. I want to avoid
breakage.

Cheers