* [Buildroot] Download external toolchain with make source
@ 2011-07-08 12:45 Fache, Herve
From: Fache, Herve @ 2011-07-08 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello list,

We have a need for an external toolchain, and need to be able to
download everything for off-line compilation. To reach this goal, we
have added the option for make source to download the external
toolchain together with the packages.

I thought you may be interested in this very simple patch to support
this feature :-)

regards,
Herv?
--
Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve
Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2011-07-08 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Herve> Hello list,
 Herve> We have a need for an external toolchain, and need to be able to
 Herve> download everything for off-line compilation. To reach this goal, we
 Herve> have added the option for make source to download the external
 Herve> toolchain together with the packages.

 Herve> I thought you may be interested in this very simple patch to support
 Herve> this feature :-)

Thanks. I would prefer to use (ab)use the uclibc-source target, similar
to how we ensure the external toolchain gets setup before building
packages.

I also just noticed crosstool-ng needs it as well.

I'll fix it up and commit.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] Download external toolchain with make source
@ 2011-07-08 21:16   ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2011-07-08 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Peter, Herv?, All,

On Friday 08 July 2011 16:10:52 Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Herve> Hello list,
>  Herve> We have a need for an external toolchain, and need to be able to
>  Herve> download everything for off-line compilation. To reach this goal, we
>  Herve> have added the option for make source to download the external
>  Herve> toolchain together with the packages.
>
>  Herve> I thought you may be interested in this very simple patch to support
>  Herve> this feature :-)
>
> Thanks. I would prefer to use (ab)use the uclibc-source target, similar
> to how we ensure the external toolchain gets setup before building
> packages.
>
> I also just noticed crosstool-ng needs it as well.

For crosstool-NG, that's not that easy. There is no top-level rule to just
do the download. crosstool-NG does its own downloading.

So, we have to build crosstool-NG, which implies building host-gawk and
host-automake, and their dependencies...

I've done the necessary stuff here, and will post a patch shortly after a
little bit more of testing...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

* [Buildroot] Download external toolchain with make source
@ 2011-09-13  9:49     ` Fache, Herve
From: Fache, Herve @ 2011-09-13  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 23:16, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
> wrote:

> Peter, Herv?, All,

> >  Herve> Hello list,
> >  Herve> We have a need for an external toolchain, and need to be able to
> >  Herve> download everything for off-line compilation. To reach this goal,
> we
> >  Herve> have added the option for make source to download the external
> >  Herve> toolchain together with the packages.
> >
> >  Herve> I thought you may be interested in this very simple patch to
> support
> >  Herve> this feature :-)
> >
> > Thanks. I would prefer to use (ab)use the uclibc-source target, similar
> > to how we ensure the external toolchain gets setup before building
> > packages.
> >
> > I also just noticed crosstool-ng needs it as well.
>
> For crosstool-NG, that's not that easy. There is no top-level rule to just
> do the download. crosstool-NG does its own downloading.
>
> So, we have to build crosstool-NG, which implies building host-gawk and
> host-automake, and their dependencies...
>
> I've done the necessary stuff here, and will post a patch shortly after a
> little bit more of testing...

I can't see this in the latest release, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Kind regards,
Herv?
--
Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet.
036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Download external toolchain with make source
@ 2011-09-13 11:27       ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2011-09-13 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Le Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:49:30 +0200,
"Fache, Herve" <h-fache@ti.com> a ?crit :

> I can't see this in the latest release, or am I looking in the wrong
> place?

See b51b664727458235460ed3c5429b8d44215b9446, the commit log even say
that is was based on your patch.

If it doesn't work for you, do not hesitate to report back to the list.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons