* How to track custom packages during development?
@ 2011-09-23  7:48 Mats Kärrman
From: Mats Kärrman @ 2011-09-23  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi!

I'm using OE classic for a product I'm developing. Included in the product are some proprietary software applications that I build using OE recipes. In an Agile development spirit :) these applications are frequently updated and distributed to the customer using .ipk's. Now to the question:

How do I best manage versions of these packages without having to create a new recipe for each?

E.g. can I have a recipe xxxx-1.0 that has a variable that is included in the ipk filename and version?

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Mats

* Re: How to track custom packages during development?
@ 2011-09-23  8:03 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2011-09-23  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 07:48:06AM +0000, Mats Kärrman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using OE classic for a product I'm developing. Included in the product are some proprietary software applications that I build using OE recipes. In an Agile development spirit :) these applications are frequently updated and distributed to the customer using .ipk's. Now to the question:
>
> How do I best manage versions of these packages without having to create a new recipe for each?
>
> E.g. can I have a recipe xxxx-1.0 that has a variable that is included in the ipk filename and version?

If they are built from SCM then SRCPV should be included in PV and it
will end in filename and version :).

Also you can use AUTOREV to build always the latest HEAD if needed.

> All suggestions are welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Mats

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: How to track custom packages during development?
@ 2011-09-23 11:51   ` Mats Kärrman
From: Mats Kärrman @ 2011-09-23 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks Martin!

Now I don't have the source in a separate SCM repo but instead in the "files" sub folder of the recipe in my local OE overlay (that is in SCM of course). However your suggestion set me of in the right direction, just adding

PV .= ".dev2"

to my recipe accomplished what I wanted. I just didn't realize that it was so simple.

// Mats