* [Xenomai-help] Frequency downscaling of new intel CPU
@ 2011-09-26  7:02 Petr Cervenka
From: Petr Cervenka @ 2011-09-26  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai-help

Hello.

I recently tried newer computer and I suprusingly realized that it is bigger load than the old one with our xenomai application.
The problem is in the frequency downscaling of the processor when the load in under 100%.
Of course I have disabled CPU_FREQ, ACPI_PROCESSOR and INTEL_IDLE as suggested.
Later I tried also to disable CPU_IDLE, 7300_IDLE (intel chipset idle memory) and all power efficiency settings in the BIOS, but without success.
The experienced behaviour is following:
when the process is waiting for an event, the processor lowers its frequency and when the event happens it tries to restore (slowly) its nominal frequency.

Do you have any advice or tip what to try, because I'm really desperate?

Best regards

Petr Cervenka

configuration:
Xeon E3-1220 (Sandy Bridge)