* git 1.7.7.5
@ 2011-12-16 10:57 Jonathan Nieder
From: Jonathan Nieder @ 2011-12-16 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano; +Cc: git

Hi Junio,

I noticed that v1.7.7.5 was tagged a few days ago (b36dcd72), but
there is no corresponding tarball at

 http://code.google.com/p/git-core/downloads/list

Will there be an official tarball?

I don't mind either way, but it would be useful to know whether
distributors should make their own or just wait.

Thanks,
Jonathan

* Re: git 1.7.7.5
@ 2011-12-19  9:41 ` Thomas Jarosch
From: Thomas Jarosch @ 2011-12-19  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Nieder; +Cc: Junio C Hamano, git

On Friday, 16. December 2011 11:57:58 Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> I noticed that v1.7.7.5 was tagged a few days ago (b36dcd72), but
> there is no corresponding tarball at
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/git-core/downloads/list
>
> Will there be an official tarball?
>
> I don't mind either way, but it would be useful to know whether
> distributors should make their own or just wait.

Looks like a bug, the front page of "git-scm.com" also shows 1.7.7.5
as latest stable release and leads to a dead link.

Cheers,
Thomas

* Re: git 1.7.7.5
@ 2011-12-19 20:22   ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2011-12-19 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Jarosch; +Cc: Jonathan Nieder, git

Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@intra2net.com> writes:

> On Friday, 16. December 2011 11:57:58 Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>> I noticed that v1.7.7.5 was tagged a few days ago (b36dcd72), but
>> there is no corresponding tarball at
>>
>>  http://code.google.com/p/git-core/downloads/list
>>
>> Will there be an official tarball?
>>
>> I don't mind either way, but it would be useful to know whether
>> distributors should make their own or just wait.
>
> Looks like a bug, the front page of "git-scm.com" also shows 1.7.7.5
> as latest stable release and leads to a dead link.

There actually is no bug; I just haven't got around to generating signed
tarballs yet.

I tend to agree that after 1.7.8 was released, showing 1.7.7.5 as the
latest stable indeed a bug (1.7.8 is still the latest stable and the next
latest stable will be 1.7.8.1), but that site is not under my direct
control, so...

* Re: git 1.7.7.5
@ 2011-12-20  0:03 ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2011-12-20  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Nieder; +Cc: git

Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed that v1.7.7.5 was tagged a few days ago (b36dcd72), but
> there is no corresponding tarball at
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/git-core/downloads/list
>
> Will there be an official tarball?
>
> I don't mind either way, but it would be useful to know whether
> distributors should make their own or just wait.

I personally would prefer distros to get stuff from the tagged release
point directly from SCM themselves, instead of using tarballs, but anyway
I've uploaded both 1.7.7.5 and 1.7.6.5 tarballs.

Thanks.

* Re: git 1.7.7.5
@ 2011-12-21 17:20   ` Thomas Jarosch
From: Thomas Jarosch @ 2011-12-21 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano; +Cc: Jonathan Nieder, git, schacon

On Tuesday, 20. December 2011 01:03:29 Junio C Hamano wrote:
> but anyway I've uploaded both 1.7.7.5 and 1.7.6.5 tarballs.

Thanks!

May be Scott Chacon can provide you commit access to git-scm.com ;)
If you are interested in this of course.

For example wikipedia lists git-scm.com as website for git.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29)

Cheers,
Thomas

* Re: git 1.7.7.5
@ 2011-12-21 19:10     ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2011-12-21 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Jarosch; +Cc: Jonathan Nieder, git, schacon

Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@intra2net.com> writes:

> May be Scott Chacon can provide you commit access to git-scm.com ;)
> If you are interested in this of course.
>
> For example wikipedia lists git-scm.com as website for git.
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29)

No, thanks.

They volunteered to keep the site up to date and useful to the user
community and they have been doing a good job at it, and that is why we
advertise git-scm.com as the official site. A minor bug like this which I
know they are perfectly capable of fixing at their site is not a
justifiable incident to trigger taking control and credit over from them.