* system announce port documentation
@ 2012-02-10 13:42 Lieven Moors
From: Lieven Moors @ 2012-02-10 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

I have been searching in vain for info or examples on how
to use the system announce port of alsa sequencer.
Is there somebody who could help me with that?

A simple example, or a reference to a simple program that
uses this port, would also be of great help.

Thanks for your help,

Greetings,

lieven

* Re: system announce port documentation
@ 2012-02-10 15:02 ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2012-02-10 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lieven Moors; +Cc: alsa-devel

Lieven Moors wrote:
> I have been searching in vain for info or examples on how
> to use the system announce port of alsa sequencer.

This port sends events when client or ports are created/
removed/changed.  Use aseqdump to see what gets sent.

Regards,
Clemens

* Re: system announce port documentation
@ 2012-02-10 16:56   ` Lieven Moors
From: Lieven Moors @ 2012-02-10 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Ladisch; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 04:02:02PM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Lieven Moors wrote:
> > I have been searching in vain for info or examples on how
> > to use the system announce port of alsa sequencer.
>
> This port sends events when client or ports are created/
> removed/changed.  Use aseqdump to see what gets sent.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Thanks, the source of aseqdump is the example I was looking for.

Greetings,

Lieven