* Re: Replacement for nf-HiPAC
       [not found] <CA+tq5hxfg7pH_aYGwsREURfiRBc4=-Xu=3=UJSJ136D_NNmPhQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-03-05  4:26 ` Abhi Devireddy
From: Abhi Devireddy @ 2012-03-05  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel, netfilter

(Trying again without HTML MIME Type)
Hello,
I'm trying to find a packet classifier that can be used with netfilter.
I've looked at the Network Application Classification Library from
Vineyard Networks but looks like that's a proprietary option.
nf-HiPAC hasn't been updated in a while and I just wanted to get some
feedback and opinions before I embarked on integrating my application
with OpenDPI (opendpi.org).
My major question / dilemma at this point: Is there an open-source /
respected packet classification library that can run on ARM, x86 Linux
machines? Needs to be able to classify application data if possible...
Is HiPAC still the bet option out there? Good for high performance
networks? For embedded applications?

I have just started exploring the vast space that is network
programming. Thanks a ton for your time and help.

Abhi

* Re: Replacement for nf-HiPAC
@ 2012-03-05  5:00   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2012-03-05  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhi; +Cc: netfilter-devel, netfilter

We have a full packet classifier in the packet scheduler,
which gets processed before the networking stack even sees
the packet, and have had one there for more than 15 years.