* Re: Re: RFS: socketcan-utils
       [not found]   ` <4DE5492A.4050008@hartkopp.net>
@ 2012-04-11 13:09     ` Markus Becker
From: Markus Becker @ 2012-04-11 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Hartkopp, linux-can

> >> My problem is, that we're using my isotp stuff for many purposes for
> >> more than two years now. I'm not far from sending a patch on netdev-ML
> >> - but i'm still missing some feedback from isotp-users (like you), if
> >> they think the protocol and it's API are mature enough for mainline ...
> >> is it?
> >
> > Within the next two month, we will test two telematic devices against
> > socketCAN ISO-TP and raw or J1939 frames. The Debian packages were
> > created to get our test equipment ready. Will report to you on our
> > experience.

Well it took longer... But here comes the report on our experience with ISO-
TP:

We tested successfully against two other proprietary ISO-TP CAN
implementations with isotpsend and isotprecv without any problems.

> Thanks! You are also working with j1939 ?? Did you check out the work of
> Kurt van Dijck in socketcan/branches/j1939?

We did not use the j1939 branch up to now.

[...]

BR,
Markus

| Dipl.-Ing. Markus Becker
| Communication Networks
| TZI - Center for Computing Technologies
| University Bremen
| Germany
| web: http://www.comnets.uni-bremen.de/~mab/
| mailto: mab@comnets.uni-bremen.de
| telephone: +49 421 218 62379
| building: NW1 room: N2260

* Re: RFS: socketcan-utils
@ 2012-04-11 16:17       ` Oliver Hartkopp
From: Oliver Hartkopp @ 2012-04-11 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Becker; +Cc: linux-can

On 11.04.2012 15:09, Markus Becker wrote:

>>> Within the next two month, we will test two telematic devices against
>>> socketCAN ISO-TP and raw or J1939 frames. The Debian packages were
>>> created to get our test equipment ready. Will report to you on our
>>> experience.
>
> Well it took longer... But here comes the report on our experience with ISO-
> TP:
>
> We tested successfully against two other proprietary ISO-TP CAN
> implementations with isotpsend and isotprecv without any problems.

Hello Markus,

thanks for the feedback on the ISO-TP implementation.

Indeed we're also using it every day and i did not see any issues for a long
time now.

The missing thing is that you currently need to set the tx_queue_len of the
according network device to high values (like 1000) as the ISO-TP
implementation does not react on full tx queues 8-)

Regards,
Oliver