* [Buildroot] Error configure apr-util
@ 2012-04-18 15:11 Rico Bachmann
From: Rico Bachmann @ 2012-04-18 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi @ all

I'm trying to add apr-util to buildroot (after successfully adding apr
yesterday)

I have a problem while configure apr-util.
First I build apr, that still works fine.
But, when I try to link to the apr-1-config from apr when configure
apr-util, I've got this error:

/bin/sh:
--with-apr=/home/bluefire/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/bin/apr-1-config:
No such file or directory

/bin/sh:
--with-apr=/home/bluefire/buildroot/output/target/usr/bin/apr-1-config: No
such file or directory

I don't understand why it can't see the file!

Here the output from my apr build, that's the place I found the two pathes
to the apr-1-config:

http://pastebin.com/04Zn12Tk

and Here the output from my apr-util build (2 versions one linked to
/home/bluefire/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/bin/apr-1-config
and one linked to
/home/bluefire/buildroot/output/target/usr/bin/apr-1-config):

http://pastebin.com/LnzuUWK8

http://pastebin.com/7Ldz93VF

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because every webpage I found about
cross-compiling apr-util says, I have to link to this file!

I'm happy about every hint you can get me!
If you need it, here the link to my *.mk and Config.in file:

http://pastebin.com/uukHBeq0

If I try without define --with-apr it throws an error that I have to
define it.

I need the apr-util package because subversion not only needs apr, it
needs apr and apr-util.
And my goal is to add subversion in buildroot.

so long
Rico

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolution?rem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

* [Buildroot] Error configure apr-util
@ 2012-04-19 12:59 ` Rico Bachmann
From: Rico Bachmann @ 2012-04-19 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I've got rid of the configure error.
I still have a build error, but that is another problem.

The solution was to add the --with-apr to the APR_UTIL_CONF_OPT instead of
APR_UTIL_CONF_ENV
because it isn't an enviroment variable

When I've get rid of the build-error, i start a new mailing list thread
for add package apr-util

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolution?rem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

* [Buildroot] libusb-0.1.12
@ 2012-04-19 17:13   ` Ron Eggler
From: Ron Eggler @ 2012-04-19 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi There,

I'm trying to assemble and compile a buildroot environment with libusb-0.1.12.
On the build root server I find this file:
http://sources.buildroot.net/libusb_0.1.12.orig.tar.gz
but if I insert 0.1.12 and replace tar.bz2 with tar.gz in my
package/libusb/libusb.mk, on compilation the script keeps trying to download
http://sources.buildroot.net//libusb-0.1.12.orig.tar.gz
and apparently fails. I seem not to be able to find where that double slash
behind the domain is coming from.
I'm a newbie with buildrootr and this really is my first time trying it out.
Some assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Ron
--
Ron Eggler
Senior Systems Engineer

SemiosBIO
Discovery Parks Vancouver
887 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, BC
V5T 1E2
cell: 778 230 9442
www.semiosbio.com
reggler at semiosbio.com

* [Buildroot] libusb-0.1.12
@ 2012-04-21 13:34     ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2012-04-21 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Thursday 19 April 2012 19:13:48 Ron Eggler wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I'm trying to assemble and compile a buildroot environment with libusb-0.1.12.
> On the build root server I find this file:
> http://sources.buildroot.net/libusb_0.1.12.orig.tar.gz
> but if I insert 0.1.12 and replace tar.bz2 with tar.gz in my
> package/libusb/libusb.mk, on compilation the script keeps trying to download
> http://sources.buildroot.net//libusb-0.1.12.orig.tar.gz

 You have to set the LIBUSB_SOURCE variable to libusb_0.1.12.orig.tar.gz
(with underscore instead of dash).

 You'll probably also want to add the line

LIBUSB_PATCH = libusb_0.1.12-10.diff.gz

 We originally pulled libusb from Debian; in Debian, the tar files are
always named <pkg>_<version>.orig.tar.gz, and they normally have an
Debian fixes.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540