* tidspbridge in drivers/staging
@ 2012-04-22  9:57 Russell King - ARM Linux
       [not found] ` <4f946a04b4288_274134788452074@nysa.mail>
From: Russell King - ARM Linux @ 2012-04-22  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap, Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal; +Cc: Greg KH

I've noticed these failure from time to time in my omap4 randconfig builds:

drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/tiomap3430.c: In function 'bridge_brd_start':
drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/tiomap3430.c:425: error: implicit declaration of function 'OMAP2_L4_IO_ADDRESS'
drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/wdt.c: In function 'dsp_wdt_init':
drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/wdt.c:56: error: implicit declaration of function 'OMAP2_L4_IO_ADDRESS'

Looking at git, it looks like there is some activity with tidspbridge
(by Víctor).  Is there any interest in fixing these errors for v3.4
(or even v3.4-rc5)?

* Re: tidspbridge in drivers/staging
@ 2012-04-22 16:16 ` Greg KH
       [not found] ` <4f946a04b4288_274134788452074@nysa.mail>
From: Greg KH @ 2012-04-22 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King - ARM Linux, linux-omap,
	Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:57:17AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> I've noticed these failure from time to time in my omap4 randconfig builds:
>
> drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/tiomap3430.c: In function 'bridge_brd_start':
> drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/tiomap3430.c:425: error: implicit declaration of function 'OMAP2_L4_IO_ADDRESS'
> drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/wdt.c: In function 'dsp_wdt_init':
> drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/wdt.c:56: error: implicit declaration of function 'OMAP2_L4_IO_ADDRESS'
>
> Looking at git, it looks like there is some activity with tidspbridge
> (by Víctor).  Is there any interest in fixing these errors for v3.4
> (or even v3.4-rc5)?

Along those lines, what's the plans on getting this code _out_ of
staging?  I haven't seen anything going on here in a while...

thanks,

greg k-h

@ 2012-04-22 22:19   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2012-04-22 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felipe Contreras
  Cc: Russell King - ARM Linux, linux-omap,
	Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:28:52PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > I've noticed these failure from time to time in my omap4 randconfig builds:
> >
> > drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/tiomap3430.c: In function 'bridge_brd_start':
> > drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/tiomap3430.c:425: error: implicit declaration of function 'OMAP2_L4_IO_ADDRESS'
> > drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/wdt.c: In function 'dsp_wdt_init':
> > drivers/staging/tidspbridge/core/wdt.c:56: error: implicit declaration of function 'OMAP2_L4_IO_ADDRESS'
> >
> > Looking at git, it looks like there is some activity with tidspbridge
> > (by V??ctor).  Is there any interest in fixing these errors for v3.4
> > (or even v3.4-rc5)?
> > --
>
> Tony asked us to take a look last Friday. I sent him a simple patch right away
> that fixes the build for me. There's also a patch from Omar.

I have one patch from Omar that handles the ioremap stuff in my queue,
I'll apply it this week.

> I wonder why the list wasn't among the receipients. Well, here they are:

<snip>

If you don't send patches to me, how will they ever get merged?  It
seems to me that now that the driver is in the kernel.org tree, no one
is willing to spend the time to get it out of staging.  Note, that
unless it starts to show real progress to get merged out of staging, I'm
going to have to delete it from the tree.

So, someone better step up...

greg k-h