* [Buildroot] Help lpr and general package advice
@ 2012-04-24 19:46 John X
From: John X @ 2012-04-24 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I'm relatively new to buildroot, so please bear with me, I've just created a
build, which boots and provides me with most of the functionality I need,
however, I've just run an application and I've received a message that it
cannot find lpr

I've checked and as far as I can see it's in the busybox distro,

I've done a make menuconfig and gone through the options, but cannot see
where I can select the option so lpr is in my build, so I'm guessing its
part of a larger package.

Where do I look to see what packages contain ?

Is there anywhere on the website that is searchable, that shows what's where
so I could search for individual commands and that would show where I enable
it in the menuconfig?

Thanks in advance

John

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Help lpr and general package advice
@ 2012-04-24 22:01 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-04-24 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello John,

Le Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:46:52 +0100,
"John X" <john.x@virgin.net> a ?crit :

> I'm relatively new to buildroot, so please bear with me, I've just created a
> build, which boots and provides me with most of the functionality I need,
> however, I've just run an application and I've received a message that it
> cannot find lpr
>
> I've checked and as far as I can see it's in the busybox distro,
>
> I've done a make menuconfig and gone through the options, but cannot see
> where I can select the option so lpr is in my build, so I'm guessing its
> part of a larger package.
>
> Where do I look to see what packages contain ?

A lightweight implementation of lpr is available in Busybox, but is not
enabled in the default Busybox configuration that Buildroot contains.

	make busybox-menuconfig

And then in "Print utilities", enable lpr.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons