* [Buildroot] Survey for the next Buildroot Developer Day(s)
@ 2012-06-29  8:31 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-06-29  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

As usual, we are going to set up a Buildroot Developer Day next to the
upcoming Embedded Linux Conference Europe.

The Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2012 will take place between
Monday 5th November and Wednesday 7th November, in Barcelona, Spain,
simultaneously with LinuxCon Europe. See
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe
for ELCE and https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe
for LinuxCon Europe.

We would therefore like to organize the Buildroot Developer Day either
before or after the ELCE conference.

The other years, the Buildroot Developer Day has only been one day of
discussion. For the upcoming edition, we're considering extending it to
two days (but haven't completely decided to do so yet), in order to
include an actual hacking session in addition to the discussion part.

In order to decide whether this Buildroot Developer Day should take
place before or after ELCE and whether it should be one day or two
days, we would like to invite interested parties to put their choices
at

 http://www.doodle.com/fng2c8gw6r77xfbc

Valid choices are:

 * Sunday
 * Saturday/Sunday
 * Thursday
 * Thursday/Friday

I.e, choices with just "Saturday" or just "Friday" will not be useful.

Now, I'd like to really invite as many Buildroot developers and users
to attend, not only the Buildroot Developer Day(s) but also the
Embedded Linux Conference Europe. It's really a great conference: 3
parallel tracks of technical talks during 3 days, lots of very
interesting contents and people. I personally had the chance of
attending all ELC and ELCE editions since about 4 years, and it has
also been a very interesting and useful conference.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Survey for the next Buildroot Developer Day(s)
@ 2012-07-05 16:00 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-07-05 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Le Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:31:56 +0200,
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> a ?crit :

> In order to decide whether this Buildroot Developer Day should take
> place before or after ELCE and whether it should be one day or two
> days, we would like to invite interested parties to put their choices
> at
>
>  http://www.doodle.com/fng2c8gw6r77xfbc
>
> Valid choices are:
>
>  * Sunday
>  * Saturday/Sunday
>  * Thursday
>  * Thursday/Friday

So far, four people have replied, and it seems that the majority was in
favor of the Saturday/Sunday solution.  I know my colleague Maxime
can in fact come on Saturday/Sunday, it's just a little bit less
convenient, and Peter can't attend on Thursday/Friday due to the
KVM/oVirt conference.

So, let's settle on Saturday/Sunday, and make the announcement official:

   The next Buildroot Developers Days will take place on Saturday 3rd
   and Sunday 4th November in Barcelona, Spain, prior to the Embedded
   Linux Conference Europe.

Other people interested in coming, please register to the Doodle
survey. Knowing the number of people, we will organize the necessary
logistics (i.e for just 4-5 people, we can just organize the meeting in
an hotel room, if we happen to be 7-8 people, then we'll have to find
some larger place).

Thanks for your participation,

Thomas