* rt73usb not working since linux 3.4
@ 2012-06-26 16:03 Andreas Messer
From: Andreas Messer @ 2012-06-26 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Dear all,

updating my pc from linux kernel 3.3 to linux kernel 3.4 broke my wlan. I'm
using rt2571 based wlan module from qcom: LR802UKG, which is wired to an
internal usb port of my media center pc. The rfkill switch is hardwired to
make wlan active all the time. This setup is (almost) properly working since
about three years now. (If i ignore the occasional vendor_request_error
things)
When I use kernel 3.4., i get a lot of additional devices reported by the
kernel - three leds and a rfkill switch which have not been there before. (or
at least I did not notice them) The wlan device now refuses to go online,
saying that the kill switch is active, which of course can not be as it is
working with linux kernel 3.3. Furthermore, the driver reports three leds, but
my wlan device has only one, so probably a bad eeprom? i dont know...
Anyway, I noticed, that when I set the radio led to brightness 255, which
takes a lot of time and gives me some vendor_request_errors, the rfkill switch
gets turned off (sys/class/rfkill/../hard = 0). Unfortunately, this doesn't
help to bring the interface online: After doing that I get frequent
vendor_request_failed messages, even the PC becomes stuck on shutdown.
(Probably NetworkManager waiting for something...)
So, what can I do to track down the problem?

Cheers,
Andreas