* string match
@ 2012-07-15 13:26 richard lucassen
From: richard lucassen @ 2012-07-15 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello list,

Is it possible to select the last 8 bytes of a HEX string using the
"string" module?

Purpose: I want to create a "DNS ANY query" recent-filter (tons
of these queries from China). The last 8 bytes of such a query seem to
be:

00 FF 00 01

but AFAIU the manpage I can't use the --to and --from offset settings as
the length of the packet is variable.

Anyone another solution to block these queries?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html                         |

* Re: string match
       [not found] <43A2CAD0.29490.646F653@localhost>
@ 2005-12-17  1:07 ` Pablo Neira Ayuso
From: Pablo Neira Ayuso @ 2005-12-17  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Hughes wrote:
> Trying to compile iptables 1.3.4 against a 2.6.8 kernel
> and am getting error on the ipt-string.c code:
>
> extensions/libipt_dscp_helper.c:69: warning:
> `dscp_to_name' defined but not used
> extensions/libipt_CLUSTERIP.c: In function
> `final_check':
> extensions/libipt_CLUSTERIP.c:173: warning: suggest
> parentheses around comparison in operand of &
> extensions/libipt_string.c: In function `init':
> extensions/libipt_string.c:61: error: structure has no
> member named `to_offset'

The string match is available since kernel 2.6.14. Another reason can be
that you're using an old patch that used to be available in pom-ng, in
that case, such patch is obsolete.

--
Pablo

* String match
@ 2004-12-11 21:58 Don Hughes
From: Don Hughes @ 2004-12-11 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Is the string match module ever going to be
updated to work with current kernels?

..don

support@microtechniques.com
White Plains, NY

* Re: string match
@ 2004-09-03  9:19 Guillowind
From: Guillowind @ 2004-09-03  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Rio Martin.", netfilter

string patch works fine on 2.4.x but i also have tried on 2.6 with no success as of yet does anyone know of a replacement?, I have implemented TARPIT and psd on 2.6.x and would really like to incorporate string as well.

Brian

* Re: string match
@ 2004-09-03  6:13 ` Rio Martin.
From: Rio Martin. @ 2004-09-03  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On 02 September 2004 pm 21:01, Marcelo Eller de Amorim - CAT wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to know how to use the STRING MATCH module under kernel
> 2.6.x, I tried to use the patch-o-matic-ng and this patch said that this
> module is already applied, but when I access the configuration menu of the
> kernel, this module does not appear to be selected.
> I set the configuration menu to show all the option including the
> (EXPERIMENTAL) ones, but it does not take effect.
> I'm suspecting that this module isn't compile on the kernel anymore
> becouse the iptables-2.6.11 has this module inside it, but I tried to use
> it without success.
> I'm using the SuSE 9.1 | Kernel 2.6.4-52-default | iptables-2.6.9
> Any help would be usefull.
> Thanks

Try it on latest kernel of 2.4.xx first,
Because i've tried many patches of POM didnt work with 2.6 kernel.

- Rio.Martin -

* string match
@ 2004-09-02 14:01 Marcelo Eller de Amorim - CAT
From: Marcelo Eller de Amorim - CAT @ 2004-09-02 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

@ 2004-08-07 17:45 Don Hughes
From: Don Hughes @ 2004-08-07 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Is there a version of the string match that works with the 2.6.5
kernel?