* [U-Boot] powerdown can't work (mx28)
@ 2012-07-25  2:33 alex
From: alex @ 2012-07-25  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

 Hi:
  I find that mx28_powerdown function can't power down mx28, and continue to load kernel.... I don't know whether this issue is on your side. My board is changed frommx28evk. Was mx28_powerdown function tested?
Best Regards,
Alex

* [U-Boot] powerdown can't work (mx28)
@ 2012-07-25 20:42 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-07-25 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear alex,

>  Hi:
>   I find that mx28_powerdown function can't power down mx28, and continue
> to load kernel.... I don't know whether this issue is on your side. My
> board is changed frommx28evk. Was mx28_powerdown function tested? Best

I think this question was here already.

What do you expect that function to do? It won't do anything like ACPI powerdown
you know from PC (it's not even possible on the hardware I guess).

The function should probably be adjusted and some "for(;;);" added at the end,
but that's probably it.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] powerdown can't work (mx28)
@ 2012-07-26  1:31   ` alex
From: alex @ 2012-07-26  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

The poweroff function in kernel can work. The similar code can be found in bootlet from FSL, and it also can work . After poweroff the system, press pswitch key and the board can startup.

@ 2012-07-30  9:23     ` alex
From: alex @ 2012-07-30  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi:
  If the voltage of battery is below 3.6v, the system still can be startup, and do you think it is right?  The function mx28_powerdown is meaningless.