* [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-26  7:16 Thierry Reding
From: Thierry Reding @ 2012-07-26  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Linus,

The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
in your tree.

Thanks,
Thierry

The following changes since commit cfaf025112d3856637ff34a767ef785ef5cf2ca9:

  Linux 3.5-rc2 (2012-06-08 18:40:09 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://gitorious.org/linux-pwm/linux-pwm.git for-3.6

for you to fetch changes up to 19891b20e7c275feb92d669f4b1879861f7e8c25:

  pwm: pwm-tiehrpwm: PWM driver support for EHRPWM (2012-07-26 07:45:20 +0200)

Alexandre Courbot (1):
      pwm_backlight: pass correct brightness to callback

Alexandre Pereira da Silva (1):
      pwm: add lpc32xx PWM support

Axel Lin (7):
      pwm: Convert pwm-imx to use devm_* APIs
      pwm: Convert pwm-vt8500 to use devm_* APIs
      pwm: Convert pwm-pxa to use devm_* APIs
      pwm: pwm-bfin: Return proper error if pwmchip_remove() fails
      pwm: pwm-mxs: Return proper error if pwmchip_remove() fails
      pwm: Convert pwm-tegra to use devm_clk_get()
      pwm: Convert pwm-samsung to use devm_* APIs

Philip, Avinash (2):
      pwm: pwm-tiecap: PWM driver support for ECAP APWM
      pwm: pwm-tiehrpwm: PWM driver support for EHRPWM

Sachin Kamat (1):
      pwm: Use pr_* functions in pwm-samsung.c file

Sascha Hauer (4):
      pwm: Add PWM framework support
      ARM i.MX: Move i.MX pwm driver to pwm framework
      ARM Samsung: Move s3c pwm driver to pwm framework
      ARM vt8500: Move vt8500 pwm driver to pwm framework

Shawn Guo (5):
      pwm: add pwm-mxs support
      pwm: pwm-mxs: encode soc name in compatible string
      pwm: pwm-mxs: use global reset function stmp_reset_block
      pwm: pwm-mxs: use devm_* managed functions
      pwm: pwm-mxs: add pinctrl support

Thierry Reding (15):
      pwm: Allow chips to support multiple PWMs
      pwm: Add debugfs interface
      pwm: Add table-based lookup for static mappings
      dt: Add empty of_property_match_string() function
      dt: Add empty of_parse_phandle_with_args() function
      pwm: Add device tree support
      pwm: Add NVIDIA Tegra SoC support
      pwm: tegra: Add device tree support
      pwm: Move Blackfin PWM driver to PWM framework
      pwm: Move PXA PWM driver to PWM framework
      pwm-backlight: Add rudimentary device tree support
      pwm: Take over maintainership of the PWM subsystem
      pwm: Conflict with legacy PWM API
      pwm: pxa: Propagate pwmchip_remove() error
      pwm: fix used-uninitialized warning in pwm_get()

 .../devicetree/bindings/pwm/lpc32xx-pwm.txt        |  12 +
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/mxs-pwm.txt  |  17 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/pwm/nvidia,tegra20-pwm.txt |  18 +
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm.txt      |  57 ++
 .../bindings/video/backlight/pwm-backlight.txt     |  28 +
 Documentation/pwm.txt                              |  76 +++
 MAINTAINERS                                        |  12 +
 arch/arm/Kconfig                                   |   1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra20.dtsi                     |   6 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra30.dtsi                     |   6 +
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-dt-tegra20.c             |   1 +
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-dt-tegra30.c             |   3 +
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/Makefile                      |   2 -
 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/pwm.c                         | 265 --------
 arch/arm/plat-mxc/Kconfig                          |   6 -
 arch/arm/plat-mxc/Makefile                         |   1 -
 arch/arm/plat-pxa/Makefile                         |   1 -
 arch/arm/plat-pxa/pwm.c                            | 304 ---------
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/Makefile                     |   4 -
 arch/blackfin/Kconfig                              |  10 -
 arch/blackfin/kernel/Makefile                      |   1 -
 arch/blackfin/kernel/pwm.c                         | 100 ---
 drivers/Kconfig                                    |   2 +
 drivers/Makefile                                   |   1 +
 drivers/mfd/Kconfig                                |   1 +
 drivers/misc/Kconfig                               |   1 +
 drivers/pwm/Kconfig                                | 108 ++++
 drivers/pwm/Makefile                               |  11 +
 drivers/pwm/core.c                                 | 713 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-bfin.c                             | 162 +++++
 arch/arm/plat-mxc/pwm.c => drivers/pwm/pwm-imx.c   | 204 ++----
 drivers/pwm/pwm-lpc32xx.c                          | 148 +++++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-mxs.c                              | 203 ++++++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-pxa.c                              | 218 +++++++
 .../pwm.c => drivers/pwm/pwm-samsung.c             | 238 +++----
 drivers/pwm/pwm-tegra.c                            | 261 ++++++++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-tiecap.c                           | 232 +++++++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-tiehrpwm.c                         | 411 ++++++++++++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-vt8500.c                           | 177 +++++
 drivers/video/backlight/Kconfig                    |   2 +-
 drivers/video/backlight/pwm_bl.c                   | 159 ++++-
 include/linux/of.h                                 |  16 +
 include/linux/pwm.h                                | 117 ++++
 include/linux/pwm_backlight.h                      |   1 +
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/lpc32xx-pwm.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/mxs-pwm.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/nvidia,tegra20-pwm.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/backlight/pwm-backlight.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/pwm.txt
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-vt8500/pwm.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-pxa/pwm.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/blackfin/kernel/pwm.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/core.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-bfin.c
 rename arch/arm/plat-mxc/pwm.c => drivers/pwm/pwm-imx.c (50%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-lpc32xx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-mxs.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-pxa.c
 rename arch/arm/plat-samsung/pwm.c => drivers/pwm/pwm-samsung.c (55%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-tegra.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-tiecap.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-tiehrpwm.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-vt8500.c

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-26 21:11 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2012-07-26 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:

> The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
> legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
> has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
> already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
> and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
> in your tree.

For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
are expected to use it.

For a gitorious pull like this, I also want signed tags with the gpg
key having signatures from people I recognize. I don't think I have
such a key from you.

              Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-27  5:10   ` Thierry Reding
                       ` (6 more replies)
From: Thierry Reding @ 2012-07-27  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann, Shawn Guo, Mark Brown,
	Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot,
	Alexandre Pereira da Silva, Philip, Avinash

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
> <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> >
> > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
> > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
> > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
> > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
> > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
> > in your tree.
>
> For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
> are expected to use it.

At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.

I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
this email will suffice).

> For a gitorious pull like this, I also want signed tags with the gpg
> key having signatures from people I recognize. I don't think I have
> such a key from you.

Right. I don't have any signatures on my GPG key, but I'm not aware of
any kernel developers in my area and unfortunately I don't get around
much either. I can request key-signing via users@kernel.org and see if
I missed anyone. I think that is the correct mailing list? I remember
reading about it a while back but I can't find the link anymore.

Thierry

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-27  5:59     ` Alex Courbot
                       ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Alex Courbot @ 2012-07-27  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding
  Cc: linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann, Shawn Guo, Mark Brown,
	Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat,
	Alexandre Pereira da Silva, Philip, Avinash, Linus Torvalds

On Fri 27 Jul 2012 02:10:54 PM JST, Thierry Reding wrote:
> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
>> <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
>>> legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
>>> has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
>>> already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
>>> and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
>>> in your tree.
>>
>> For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
>> are expected to use it.
>
> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.
>
> I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
> this email will suffice).

Acked-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@nvidia.com>
Tested-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@nvidia.com>

I arrived too late to ack your patches, but if the practice is accepted
please feel free to put these in the latest version of your pwm
framework and pwm-backlight patches.

Alex.

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-27 10:10     ` Mark Brown
                       ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Mark Brown @ 2012-07-27 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann,
	Shawn Guo, Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 07:10:54AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:

> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.

I'm happy with it - I'm intending to push at least one driver for it
fairly shortly (well, as time allows).  I'm also comfortable that
Thierry will look after the system longer term.

Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

(I did ack quite a few of the patches individually too).

* RE: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-27 10:21     ` Philip, Avinash
                       ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Philip, Avinash @ 2012-07-27 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding, Linus Torvalds
  Cc: linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann, Shawn Guo, Mark Brown,
	Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot,
	Alexandre Pereira da Silva

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8", Size: 1571 bytes --]

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:40:54, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
> > <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
> > > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
> > > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
> > > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
> > > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
> > > in your tree.
> >
> > For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
> > are expected to use it.
>
> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.
>
> I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
> this email will suffice).

I found this framework very useful for supporting eCAP and eHRPWM driver on
TI's AM33xx platforms.

Acked-by: Philip, Avinash <avinashphilip@ti.com>

Avinash
ÿôèº{.nÇ+‰·Ÿ®‰­†+%ŠËÿ±éݶ\x17¥Šwÿº{.nÇ+‰·¥Š{±þG«éÿŠ{ayº\x1dʇڙë,j\a­¢f£¢·hšïêÿ‘êçz_è®\x03(­éšŽŠÝ¢j"ú\x1a¶^[m§ÿÿ¾\a«þG«éÿ¢¸?™¨è­Ú&£ø§~á¶iO•æ¬z·švØ^\x14\x04\x1a¶^[m§ÿÿÃ\fÿ¶ìÿ¢¸?–I¥

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-27 10:32     ` Alexandre Pereira da Silva
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Alexandre Pereira da Silva @ 2012-07-27 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann,
	Shawn Guo, Mark Brown, Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat,
	Alexandre Courbot, Philip, Avinash

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
>> <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
>> >
>> > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
>> > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
>> > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
>> > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
>> > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
>> > in your tree.
>>
>> For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
>> are expected to use it.
>
> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.
>
> I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
> this email will suffice).

I'm using this on LPC32XX.

Acked-By: Alexandre Pereira da Silva <aletes.xgr@gmail.com>

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
                       ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-27 10:45     ` Arnd Bergmann
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2012-07-27 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Shawn Guo,

On Friday 27 July 2012, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
> > <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
> > > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
> > > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
> > > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
> > > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
> > > in your tree.
> >
> > For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
> > are expected to use it.
>
> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.
>
> I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
> this email will suffice).

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>

Very much Ack on the new subsystem. It uses the interface declarations
as the previously separate pwm drivers, so nothing changes for now
in the drivers using it, although it enables us to change those more
easily in the future if we want to.

This work is also one of the missing pieces that are required to eventually
build ARM kernels for multiple platforms, which is currently prohibited
(amongs other things) by the fact that you cannot have more than one
driver exporting the pwm functions.

	Arnd

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
                       ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-27 12:14     ` Sachin Kamat
From: Sachin Kamat @ 2012-07-27 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann,

On 27 July 2012 10:40, Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
>> <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
>> >
>> > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
>> > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
>> > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
>> > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
>> > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
>> > in your tree.
>>
>> For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
>> are expected to use it.
>
> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.

Using this on Samsung Exynos platform.

Acked-by: Sachin Kamat <sachin.kamat@linaro.org>

> I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
> this email will suffice).
>
>> For a gitorious pull like this, I also want signed tags with the gpg
>> key having signatures from people I recognize. I don't think I have
>> such a key from you.
>
> Right. I don't have any signatures on my GPG key, but I'm not aware of
> any kernel developers in my area and unfortunately I don't get around
> much either. I can request key-signing via users@kernel.org and see if
> I missed anyone. I think that is the correct mailing list? I remember
> reading about it a while back but I can't find the link anymore.
>
> Thierry

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
                       ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-27 12:38     ` richard -rw- weinberger
From: richard -rw- weinberger @ 2012-07-27 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann,
	Shawn Guo, Mark Brown, Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat,
	Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre Pereira da Silva, Philip, Avinash

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> Right. I don't have any signatures on my GPG key, but I'm not aware of
> any kernel developers in my area and unfortunately I don't get around
> much either. I can request key-signing via users@kernel.org and see if
> I missed anyone. I think that is the correct mailing list? I remember
> reading about it a while back but I can't find the link anymore.

Are you from .de?
Lots of kernel developers are located in Germany and/or Europe.

//richard

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-07-27 12:48       ` Thierry Reding
From: Thierry Reding @ 2012-07-27 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard -rw- weinberger
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Sascha Hauer, Arnd Bergmann,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 02:38:33PM +0200, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Thierry Reding
> <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> > Right. I don't have any signatures on my GPG key, but I'm not aware of
> > any kernel developers in my area and unfortunately I don't get around
> > much either. I can request key-signing via users@kernel.org and see if
> > I missed anyone. I think that is the correct mailing list? I remember
> > reading about it a while back but I can't find the link anymore.
>
> Are you from .de?
> Lots of kernel developers are located in Germany and/or Europe.

Yes, I'm from Hamburg, Germany. I know some kernel developers are based
in Germany but I don't know of anyone in my area. I've requested key
signing via users@kernel.org so we'll see what results from that.

Thierry

@ 2012-07-31  8:19   ` Thierry Reding
From: Thierry Reding @ 2012-07-31  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
> <thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:
> >
> > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
> > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
> > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
> > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
> > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
> > in your tree.
>
> For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
> are expected to use it.
>
> For a gitorious pull like this, I also want signed tags with the gpg
> key having signatures from people I recognize. I don't think I have
> such a key from you.

I just sent a new pull request with a signed tag. I've also included a
more detailed description of why this is useful, along the lines of what
Arnd already mentioned.

My key was signed by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior today and I uploaded the
signature only now, so it may take some time to propagate.

Thierry

@ 2012-08-01  1:08     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2012-08-01  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@avionic-design.de> wrote:

> I just sent a new pull request with a signed tag. I've also included a
> more detailed description of why this is useful, along the lines of what
> Arnd already mentioned.
>
> My key was signed by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior today and I uploaded the
> signature only now, so it may take some time to propagate.

Ok. I had decided that I had lots of acks for your code and had
actually pulled your code yesterday, so my merge doesn't have that new
tag information. But I verified your tag separately, and everything
looks fine. So future pulls will then be properly signed in my repo
too if you use tags,

            Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6
@ 2012-08-01  4:58       ` Thierry Reding