* [Buildroot] Buildroot Eclipse Bundle, talk at EclipseCon Europe 2012
@ 2012-09-30 20:38 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-09-30 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

A few months, M?lanie Bats (Cc'ed) and myself started working on an
integration between Eclipse and Buildroot. The final goal is to provide
an Eclipse version that already bundles all the necessary plug-ins for
embedded Linux development, and that integrates nicely with the
toolchains and environment generated by Buildroot.

The work is by far not finalized yet, but we already have:

 *) An Eclipse plugin that automatically shows all Buildroot toolchains
    available on the system, and allows the Eclipse user to easily
    start a new application, or shared library project by pointing to
    the desired Buildroot toolchain. The source code of this plugin is
    available at
    https://github.com/mbats/eclipse-buildroot-toolchain-plugin. Of
    course, this plugin will be integrated pre-built as part of the
    Buildroot Eclipse bundle. This plugin requires a very small
    modification to Buildroot itself, which I'll be posting soon.

 *) The beginning of an Eclipse bundle, which ultimately will allow us
    to provide a ready-to-use Eclipse version for Buildroot users.

M?lanie is currently working on finalizing this work, and will present
it at the upcoming EclipseCon Europe 2012 in Ludwigsburg, Germany, on
October, 24th. See
http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/buildroot-eclipse-bundle-powerful-ide-embedded-linux-developers
for the abstract of the talk. We will keep you posted with the slides
of the presentation, as well as the result of this work.

Hopefully, having Buildroot integration into Eclipse will turn
Buildroot into an enterprise-ready and manager-compliant embedded Linux
build system ! :-)

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Buildroot Eclipse Bundle, talk at EclipseCon Europe 2012
@ 2012-10-02 19:00 ` Thomas De Schampheleire
From: Thomas De Schampheleire @ 2012-10-02 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A few months, M?lanie Bats (Cc'ed) and myself started working on an
> integration between Eclipse and Buildroot. The final goal is to provide
> an Eclipse version that already bundles all the necessary plug-ins for
> embedded Linux development, and that integrates nicely with the
> toolchains and environment generated by Buildroot.
>
> The work is by far not finalized yet, but we already have:
>
>  *) An Eclipse plugin that automatically shows all Buildroot toolchains
>     available on the system, and allows the Eclipse user to easily
>     start a new application, or shared library project by pointing to
>     the desired Buildroot toolchain. The source code of this plugin is
>     available at
>     https://github.com/mbats/eclipse-buildroot-toolchain-plugin. Of
>     course, this plugin will be integrated pre-built as part of the
>     Buildroot Eclipse bundle. This plugin requires a very small
>     modification to Buildroot itself, which I'll be posting soon.
>
>  *) The beginning of an Eclipse bundle, which ultimately will allow us
>     to provide a ready-to-use Eclipse version for Buildroot users.
>
> M?lanie is currently working on finalizing this work, and will present
> it at the upcoming EclipseCon Europe 2012 in Ludwigsburg, Germany, on
> October, 24th. See
> http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/buildroot-eclipse-bundle-powerful-ide-embedded-linux-developers
> for the abstract of the talk. We will keep you posted with the slides
> of the presentation, as well as the result of this work.
>
> Hopefully, having Buildroot integration into Eclipse will turn
> Buildroot into an enterprise-ready and manager-compliant embedded Linux
> build system ! :-)

This certainly sounds interesting! Looking forward to more info about this!

Best regards,
Thomas

* [Buildroot] Buildroot Eclipse Bundle, talk at EclipseCon Europe 2012
@ 2012-10-03  7:14 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2012-10-03  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 Thomas> Hopefully, having Buildroot integration into Eclipse will turn
 Thomas> Buildroot into an enterprise-ready and manager-compliant
 Thomas> embedded Linux build system ! :-)

Cool, now we just need my daughter to make a youtube video promoting it
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8uG69SgLf4

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] Buildroot Eclipse Bundle, talk at EclipseCon Europe 2012
@ 2012-10-03  7:22   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-10-03  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:14:06 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Thomas> Hopefully, having Buildroot integration into Eclipse will turn
>  Thomas> Buildroot into an enterprise-ready and manager-compliant
>  Thomas> embedded Linux build system ! :-)
>
> Cool, now we just need my daughter to make a youtube video promoting it
> ;)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8uG69SgLf4

Yeah, indeed :-)

Thomas