* [U-Boot] Tegra USB driver movement
@ 2012-10-01  0:22 Lucas Stach
From: Lucas Stach @ 2012-10-01  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

now that everything involving Colibri T20 is in pretty good shape I'm
moving on to some code cleanups to the U-Boot Tegra codebase.

One of the big things on my list is the move of the Tegra USB driver
implementation to the correct location in drivers/usb/host. In
anticipation of this move all USB related changes for the next merge
window have already gone through the u-boot-usb tree to minimize
conflicts.

Now with the mass renaming of Tegra header files for the Tegra 3
clearing we have another situation which makes the move harder to do
without breaking the build of either the u-boot-usb or u-boot-tegra
tree. However we can easily solve that with some proper coordination.

So the  plan is a follows:
The mass renaming of the Tegra header files did not generate any back
push from developers involved in Tegra. So if Tom is confident that this
change is good to go, I would like him to do a pull request to
u-boot-arm as soon as possible. On IRC Albert already expressed his plan
to do another pull request to u-boot master by Thursday latest. If we
could get in the mass rename into this pull request it would be really
great, as it would allow to sync the u-boot-usb tree with the current
Tegra work in the next week. Once this is done we can easily move the
Tegra USB driver without breaking anything.

Would this be ok with everyone?

Thanks,
Lucas

* [U-Boot] Tegra USB driver movement
@ 2012-10-01  2:17 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-10-01  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Lucas Stach,

> Hi all,
>
> now that everything involving Colibri T20 is in pretty good shape I'm
> moving on to some code cleanups to the U-Boot Tegra codebase.
>
> One of the big things on my list is the move of the Tegra USB driver
> implementation to the correct location in drivers/usb/host. In
> anticipation of this move all USB related changes for the next merge
> window have already gone through the u-boot-usb tree to minimize
> conflicts.

I think I'll push them into -next once builds are done.

> Now with the mass renaming of Tegra header files for the Tegra 3
> clearing we have another situation which makes the move harder to do
> without breaking the build of either the u-boot-usb or u-boot-tegra
> tree. However we can easily solve that with some proper coordination.
>
> So the  plan is a follows:
> The mass renaming of the Tegra header files did not generate any back
> push from developers involved in Tegra. So if Tom is confident that this
> change is good to go, I would like him to do a pull request to
> u-boot-arm as soon as possible. On IRC Albert already expressed his plan
> to do another pull request to u-boot master by Thursday latest. If we
> could get in the mass rename into this pull request it would be really
> great, as it would allow to sync the u-boot-usb tree with the current
> Tegra work in the next week. Once this is done we can easily move the
> Tegra USB driver without breaking anything.
>
> Would this be ok with everyone?

Sorry, all the usb changes go to -next.

> Thanks,
> Lucas

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] Tegra USB driver movement
@ 2012-10-01  6:50   ` Lucas Stach
From: Lucas Stach @ 2012-10-01  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Also CC'ing Albert

Am Montag, den 01.10.2012, 04:17 +0200 schrieb Marek Vasut:
> Dear Lucas Stach,
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > now that everything involving Colibri T20 is in pretty good shape I'm
> > moving on to some code cleanups to the U-Boot Tegra codebase.
> >
> > One of the big things on my list is the move of the Tegra USB driver
> > implementation to the correct location in drivers/usb/host. In
> > anticipation of this move all USB related changes for the next merge
> > window have already gone through the u-boot-usb tree to minimize
> > conflicts.
>
> I think I'll push them into -next once builds are done.
>
> > Now with the mass renaming of Tegra header files for the Tegra 3
> > clearing we have another situation which makes the move harder to do
> > without breaking the build of either the u-boot-usb or u-boot-tegra
> > tree. However we can easily solve that with some proper coordination.
> >
> > So the  plan is a follows:
> > The mass renaming of the Tegra header files did not generate any back
> > push from developers involved in Tegra. So if Tom is confident that this
> > change is good to go, I would like him to do a pull request to
> > u-boot-arm as soon as possible. On IRC Albert already expressed his plan
> > to do another pull request to u-boot master by Thursday latest. If we
> > could get in the mass rename into this pull request it would be really
> > great, as it would allow to sync the u-boot-usb tree with the current
> > Tegra work in the next week. Once this is done we can easily move the
> > Tegra USB driver without breaking anything.
> >
> > Would this be ok with everyone?
>
> Sorry, all the usb changes go to -next.

Right all things that we are talking about here are going into the
respective next trees. Sorry for the confusion. The plan still holds,
except I'm not sure if Albert is also going to do a P-R for
u-boot-arm/next, so CC'ing him to let him know that we might also need
some help from his side.

@ 2012-10-01 16:38     ` Tom Warren
From: Tom Warren @ 2012-10-01 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Lucas,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Lucas Stach <dev@lynxeye.de> wrote:
> Also CC'ing Albert
>
> Am Montag, den 01.10.2012, 04:17 +0200 schrieb Marek Vasut:
>> Dear Lucas Stach,
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > now that everything involving Colibri T20 is in pretty good shape I'm
>> > moving on to some code cleanups to the U-Boot Tegra codebase.
>> >
>> > One of the big things on my list is the move of the Tegra USB driver
>> > implementation to the correct location in drivers/usb/host. In
>> > anticipation of this move all USB related changes for the next merge
>> > window have already gone through the u-boot-usb tree to minimize
>> > conflicts.
>>
>> I think I'll push them into -next once builds are done.
>>
>> > Now with the mass renaming of Tegra header files for the Tegra 3
>> > clearing we have another situation which makes the move harder to do
>> > without breaking the build of either the u-boot-usb or u-boot-tegra
>> > tree. However we can easily solve that with some proper coordination.
>> >
>> > So the  plan is a follows:
>> > The mass renaming of the Tegra header files did not generate any back
>> > push from developers involved in Tegra. So if Tom is confident that this
>> > change is good to go, I would like him to do a pull request to
>> > u-boot-arm as soon as possible.
I've been working on getting T30 upstreamed almost full-time, and I
haven't done much work on u-boot-tegra/next.

Let me take a look at your patches and see how they line up w/my T30
work, and I'll get back to you soon.

Tom