* [U-Boot] [NOTE] Mailing List / git / FTP / Web Server Outage
@ 2012-10-10 12:23 Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-10-10 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello all,

we have a dying disk drive on our main web server, and our hoster
(Strato) claims they have to take down the machine and replace _all_
disks in the RAID array, so we have to reinstall from scratch [*].

This means the Mailing List / git / FTP / Web Server will be down for
some time, starting any time soon now.

Keep your fingers crossed the restore goes fast and smooth.

[*] No, I cannot understand either why this is handled this way.
But there is no quick way to help it.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Maintain an awareness for contribution --  to  your  schedule,  your
project, our company."                         - A Group of Employees

* [U-Boot] [NOTE] Mailing List / git / FTP / Web Server Outage
@ 2012-10-11  5:56 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-10-11  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello all,

In message <20121010122316.4088A2002F8@gemini.denx.de> I wrote:

> we have a dying disk drive on our main web server, and our hoster
> (Strato) claims they have to take down the machine and replace _all_
> disks in the RAID array, so we have to reinstall from scratch [*].

It was even worse.  They added a 2 hour hardware test to the delay,
just to confirm the error status we already had (from lots of Linux
kernel error messages plus SMART test failures).  And the replacment
disks we received have already Power_On_Hours = 40,000+ i. e. they
have been "burned in" for > 4.5 years :-(

But we are back up and running by now, it seems.

If you observe any issues then please send me a trouble report by
e-mail. Thanks.

And sorry for the inconveniences.  Be assured that we will discuss
this event internally and try to improve.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Save yourself!  Reboot in 5 seconds!