* denx.de site down?
@ 2012-10-10 17:00 Elvis Dowson
From: Elvis Dowson @ 2012-10-10 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,
                        I noticed that your site has been down since yesterday? I usually sync with your u-boot and eldk repositories, and during the yocto build process, it failed because your site was un-reachable.

I was able to get past the yocto build issue, by temporarily modifying my u-boot repositories to point to the local file system.

I'm sure others are also facing a similar issue.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

* Re: denx.de site down?
@ 2012-10-10 17:49 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2012-10-10 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 09:00:44PM +0400, Elvis Dowson wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>                         I noticed that your site has been down since yesterday? I usually sync with your u-boot and eldk repositories, and during the yocto build process, it failed because your site was un-reachable.
>
> I was able to get past the yocto build issue, by temporarily modifying my u-boot repositories to point to the local file system.
>
> I'm sure others are also facing a similar issue.

I can't point to an archive of this since it probably didn't hit google
in time to be cached but yes, denx's website is currently down as their
provider needs to replace all of the disks in their RAID array.  They
hope to be back as soon as possible.

--
Tom

* Re: denx.de site down?
@ 2012-10-10 19:41 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-10-10 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Elvis,

In message <8FDC41DC-70B4-4BCB-9B95-51CFBCA8961D@gmail.com> you wrote:

>                         I noticed that your site has been down since
> yesterday? I usually sync with your u-boot and eldk repositories, and
> during the yocto build process, it failed because your site was
> un-reachable.
>
> I was able to get past the yocto build issue, by temporarily modifying
> my u-boot repositories to point to the local file system.
>
> I'm sure others are also facing a similar issue.

I apologize for the inconveniencies.  We had a hardware problem on our
main server (actually nothing serious, just a dead disk drive), but our
hoster handles this not exactly in a competent way - instead of just
hot-swapping the failed drive so we just have to re-sync the degraded
RAID array he decided to replace _all_ disks so we are forced to
reinstall from scratch and restore from backups.

This process is still in the works.  Sorry for that.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
                                                          - Bob Dylan