* [ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc disconnections
@ 2012-10-22 19:03 Jérôme
From: Jérôme @ 2012-10-22 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi all.

I've been using an AR7010 device for a few months now, and I face regular
disconnections.

I'm using a debian wheezy with amd64 kernel, and firmware from
atheros-firmware package :
http://packages.debian.org/fr/wheezy/firmware-atheros

syslog says :
usb 1-4: ath9k_htc: Transferred FW: htc_7010.fw, size: 72992

lsusb :
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0cf3:7015 Atheros Communications, Inc. TP-Link
TL-WN821N v3 802.11n [Atheros AR7010+AR9287]

kernel : 3.2.0-3-amd64

This issue looks pretty much like this one :
http://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel at lists.ath9k.org/msg07512.html

except the dongle is not necessarily hot when hanging.

Anyway, following this answer :
http://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel at lists.ath9k.org/msg08096.html

I tried with a recent kernel from experimental but I didn't even get a
connexion at all.

Is this a known issue ?

Is there something I can do to help solving this ?

Thanks.

--
J?r?me

* [ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc disconnections
@ 2012-10-29 19:03 ` Jérôme
From: Jérôme @ 2012-10-29 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:03:01 +0200
J?r?me a ?crit:

> Hi all.
>
> I've been using an AR7010 device for a few months now, and I face regular
> disconnections.

[...]

> Is this a known issue ?
>
> Is there something I can do to help solving this ?

Hi again.

I can't find anything relevant in the logs (syslog, daemon.log, kern.log).
Actually, nothing happens there until I unplug the dongle manually.

It happens like this :

At some point, I just don't have any throughput. wicd does not seem to notice
the deconnection until I trigger a refresh. Besides, if I issue a ifconfig
command, I don't get anything : the terminal is stuck until I unplug the
dongle.

Is there some debug option somewhere I need to activate to get more
information ?

Thanks.

--
J?r?me