* [U-Boot] x86: Anyone willing to take over the reigns
@ 2012-10-28 11:44 Graeme Russ
From: Graeme Russ @ 2012-10-28 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi All,

I think it's finally time I admitted that I simply have too much on my
plate and need to give a few things up. Work and family life have got to
the point where I can only manage to grab a quick hour here and there at my
desk at home and I simply do not have enough time (or energy) to keep
maintaining the x86 repo.

It's been really good to see the Chromium guys giving U-Boot x86 some much
needed love, but it has highlighted to me just how much work it has been
(and will be) to keep up. To give you an idea, I haven't sync'd my local
repo (much less built U-Boot) in over a month now. My bandwidth is down to
making a few passing comments on very specific patches.

Does anyone feel up to the task of taking on the x86 repo? If not, I'm sure
that it could revert to the old days of being directly managed as
'miscellaneous'

Regards,

Graeme

* [U-Boot] x86: Anyone willing to take over the reigns
@ 2012-10-30 16:21 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2012-10-30 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Graeme,

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Graeme Russ <graeme.russ@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think it's finally time I admitted that I simply have too much on my
> plate and need to give a few things up. Work and family life have got to
> the point where I can only manage to grab a quick hour here and there at my
> desk at home and I simply do not have enough time (or energy) to keep
> maintaining the x86 repo.
>
> It's been really good to see the Chromium guys giving U-Boot x86 some much
> needed love, but it has highlighted to me just how much work it has been
> (and will be) to keep up. To give you an idea, I haven't sync'd my local
> repo (much less built U-Boot) in over a month now. My bandwidth is down to
> making a few passing comments on very specific patches.
>
> Does anyone feel up to the task of taking on the x86 repo? If not, I'm sure
> that it could revert to the old days of being directly managed as
> 'miscellaneous'

I would be happy to take this on for a while.

Will you still be able to do some review, perhaps just for the more
'core' patches?

Regards,
Simon

@ 2012-10-30 21:05   ` Graeme Russ
From: Graeme Russ @ 2012-10-30 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Simon,

On Oct 31, 2012 3:21 AM, "Simon Glass" <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Graeme,
>
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Graeme Russ <graeme.russ@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I think it's finally time I admitted that I simply have too much on my
> > plate and need to give a few things up. Work and family life have got to
> > the point where I can only manage to grab a quick hour here and there
at my
> > desk at home and I simply do not have enough time (or energy) to keep
> > maintaining the x86 repo.
> >
> > It's been really good to see the Chromium guys giving U-Boot x86 some
much
> > needed love, but it has highlighted to me just how much work it has been
> > (and will be) to keep up. To give you an idea, I haven't sync'd my local
> > repo (much less built U-Boot) in over a month now. My bandwidth is down
> > making a few passing comments on very specific patches.
> >
> > Does anyone feel up to the task of taking on the x86 repo? If not, I'm
sure
> > that it could revert to the old days of being directly managed as
> > 'miscellaneous'
>
> I would be happy to take this on for a while.

Thanks :-). I really appreciate it

> Will you still be able to do some review, perhaps just for the more
> 'core' patches?

Of course. I'll probably also provide some architectural suggestions and
Acks.

Regards,

Graeme

* [U-Boot] x86: Anyone willing to take over the reigns
@ 2012-10-30 21:21     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2012-10-30 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 08:05:49AM +1100, Graeme Russ wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Oct 31, 2012 3:21 AM, "Simon Glass" <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Graeme,
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Graeme Russ <graeme.russ@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I think it's finally time I admitted that I simply have too much on my
> > > plate and need to give a few things up. Work and family life have got to
> > > the point where I can only manage to grab a quick hour here and there
> at my
> > > desk at home and I simply do not have enough time (or energy) to keep
> > > maintaining the x86 repo.
> > >
> > > It's been really good to see the Chromium guys giving U-Boot x86 some
> much
> > > needed love, but it has highlighted to me just how much work it has been
> > > (and will be) to keep up. To give you an idea, I haven't sync'd my local
> > > repo (much less built U-Boot) in over a month now. My bandwidth is down
> > > making a few passing comments on very specific patches.
> > >
> > > Does anyone feel up to the task of taking on the x86 repo? If not, I'm
> sure
> > > that it could revert to the old days of being directly managed as
> > > 'miscellaneous'
> >
> > I would be happy to take this on for a while.
>
> Thanks :-). I really appreciate it

Graeme, thanks for all your hard work!  Simon, welcome aboard!

--
Tom