* Fail to build the latest ceph tree on Fedora 17
@ 2012-11-17 11:29 Chen Baozi
From: Chen Baozi @ 2012-11-17 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi, everyone.

I was tring to build the latest ceph tree on my fedora 17 box.
However, there is an error message when linking radosgw as following:

  CXXLD  radosgw
  /usr/bin/ld: radosgw-rgw_resolve.o: undefined reference to symbol
  '__res_nquery@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
  /usr/bin/ld: note: '__res_nquery@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
  /lib64/libresolv.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
  /lib64/libresolv.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
  make[3]: *** [radosgw] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
  make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
  make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
  make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I've also tried build the version 0.53 which is checked out from
fedora's pkg repo. And it can pass the building process without this
error.

Any suggestion?

Yours,

        Chen Baozi

* Re: Fail to build the latest ceph tree on Fedora 17
@ 2012-11-17 21:20 ` Yehuda Sadeh
From: Yehuda Sadeh @ 2012-11-17 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen Baozi, Gary Lowell; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Chen Baozi <baozich@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I was tring to build the latest ceph tree on my fedora 17 box.
> However, there is an error message when linking radosgw as following:
>
>   CXXLD  radosgw
>   /usr/bin/ld: radosgw-rgw_resolve.o: undefined reference to symbol
>   '__res_nquery@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
>   /usr/bin/ld: note: '__res_nquery@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
>   /lib64/libresolv.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
>   /lib64/libresolv.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
>   collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>   make[3]: *** [radosgw] Error 1
>   make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
>   make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>   make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
>   make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
>   make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I've also tried build the version 0.53 which is checked out from
> fedora's pkg repo. And it can pass the building process without this
> error.
>
> Any suggestion?

Linking with libresolv failed. Garry, any idea?

Yehuda

* Re: Fail to build the latest ceph tree on Fedora 17
@ 2012-11-18  3:55   ` Chen Baozi
From: Chen Baozi @ 2012-11-18  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yehuda Sadeh; +Cc: Gary Lowell, ceph-devel

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 01:20:51PM -0800, Yehuda Sadeh wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Chen Baozi <baozich@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, everyone.
> >
> > I was tring to build the latest ceph tree on my fedora 17 box.
> > However, there is an error message when linking radosgw as following:
> >
> >   CXXLD  radosgw
> >   /usr/bin/ld: radosgw-rgw_resolve.o: undefined reference to symbol
> >   '__res_nquery@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
> >   /usr/bin/ld: note: '__res_nquery@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
> >   /lib64/libresolv.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
> >   /lib64/libresolv.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> >   collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> >   make[3]: *** [radosgw] Error 1
> >   make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
> >   make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >   make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
> >   make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> >   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cbz/src/ceph/src'
> >   make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > I've also tried build the version 0.53 which is checked out from
> > fedora's pkg repo. And it can pass the building process without this
> > error.
> >
> > Any suggestion?
>
> Linking with libresolv failed. Garry, any idea?
I've tried to add "LIBS=-lresolv" when doing "./configure". And it works.
I'm trying to fix it from the configure.ac now.