* M2, M3, M4 milestones available?
@ 2013-01-22  7:03 Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-01-22  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I wonder if the M2, M3 and M4 milestones have been reached already?
The release schedule [1] says they were due on Nov 26 2012, Dec 24
2012 and Jan 11 2013 respectively, and even lists bugs against these.

[1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Schedule

However, I cannot find any other git tags but 1.4_M1.rc1 and
1.4_M1.final

So are these later milestones available somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Neckties strangle clear thinking.                       -- Lin Yutang

* Re: M2, M3, M4 milestones available?
@ 2013-01-22 10:38 ` Stoicescu, CorneliuX
From: Stoicescu, CorneliuX @ 2013-01-22 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk, yocto

Hello Wolfgang,

From a QA point of view, we are approaching the 1.4 M3 milestone. Here is what Saul wrote for the latest Full Pass request:
"
QA Teams:

Please do FULL Pass testing on this as a PRE-M3 Full Pass so we have some idea of what's going on.

Git Rev: 9eb88ceb39b7d0b8ddc6487e61ce8edadef10ec4
"
1.4 M2 was kind of blurry because it landed during charismas and new year thus many of us were on vacation.

I hope this helped.

Have a nice day,
Stoicescu Cornel
Romania Yocto QA

@ 2013-01-22 11:26   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-01-22 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stoicescu, CorneliuX; +Cc: yocto

Dear Cornel,

In message <33115ABC4887814E8A92A08FBC93416B08DC598A@IRSMSX103.ger.corp.intel.com> you wrote:

> From a QA point of view, we are approaching the 1.4 M3 milestone.
> Here is what Saul wrote for the latest Full Pass request:
>
> "
> QA Teams:
>
> Please do FULL Pass testing on this as a PRE-M3 Full Pass so we have
> some idea of what's going on.
>
> Git Rev: 9eb88ceb39b7d0b8ddc6487e61ce8edadef10ec4
> "

OK, so we have not reached M3 yet.  Thanks.

Would it not make sense to regularly update the release schedule web
page [1] so that it also reports the current state?  or is there any
other web page where such information is present?

[1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Schedule

> 1.4 M2 was kind of blurry because it landed during charismas and new
> year thus many of us were on vacation.

So what exactly is the git commit ID of the 1.4 M2 milestone release?
I cannot see any matching tag in the git repository?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
If you use modules, you pay the price. Sane embedded solutions
running in "tight" environments don't use modules :-)
    -- Benjamin Herrenschmidt in <1258234866.2140.451.camel@pasglop>

* Re: M2, M3, M4 milestones available?
@ 2013-01-22 16:01     ` Flanagan, Elizabeth
From: Flanagan, Elizabeth @ 2013-01-22 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: yocto

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Cornel,
>
> In message <33115ABC4887814E8A92A08FBC93416B08DC598A@IRSMSX103.ger.corp.intel.com> you wrote:
>>
>> From a QA point of view, we are approaching the 1.4 M3 milestone.
>> Here is what Saul wrote for the latest Full Pass request:
>>
>> "
>> QA Teams:
>>
>> Please do FULL Pass testing on this as a PRE-M3 Full Pass so we have
>> some idea of what's going on.
>>
>> Git Rev: 9eb88ceb39b7d0b8ddc6487e61ce8edadef10ec4
>> "
>
> OK, so we have not reached M3 yet.  Thanks.
>
> Would it not make sense to regularly update the release schedule web
> page [1] so that it also reports the current state?  or is there any
> other web page where such information is present?
>
> [1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Schedule
>

>> 1.4 M2 was kind of blurry because it landed during charismas and new
>> year thus many of us were on vacation.
>
> So what exactly is the git commit ID of the 1.4 M2 milestone release?
> I cannot see any matching tag in the git repository?

That is because we have merged M2 and M3. See:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/11075/match=merging+m2

-b

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
> If you use modules, you pay the price. Sane embedded solutions
> running in "tight" environments don't use modules :-)
>     -- Benjamin Herrenschmidt in <1258234866.2140.451.camel@pasglop>

Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project
Build and Release

* Re: M2, M3, M4 milestones available?
@ 2013-01-22 16:18       ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-01-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flanagan, Elizabeth; +Cc: yocto

Dear Elizabeth,

In message <CAPhnLPCk8byBnRSEB2aMOBPEmZQRfWpNSJ+xj+uX4BVvHKMf=Q@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> >> 1.4 M2 was kind of blurry because it landed during charismas and new
> >> year thus many of us were on vacation.
> >
> > So what exactly is the git commit ID of the 1.4 M2 milestone release?
> > I cannot see any matching tag in the git repository?
>
> That is because we have merged M2 and M3. See:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/11075/match=merging+m2

I see - thanks for the information.

All this is pretty much frustrating. I mean, you cannot really expect
people who are looking for release information to scan the mailing
list archives for such bits of scattered information?

Especially since what appears to the the Yocto Project's "official"
web site claims that there _has_ been a M2-RC1, M2-RC2 and M2, see [1]:

	 M2 Stabilize schedule

	 Release Candidate and Milestone Release schedule (Full Pass
	 QA test follows every RC build)

	     RC1: 12/26/12
	     RC2: 1/2/13
	     M2 release: 1/11/13

[1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Schedule#M2_Stabilize_schedule

It would so nice if we had somewhere, publicly visible at a well known
location (like the above page), some correct and useful information.

Thanks.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
"If you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry."             - Chekhov

* Re: M2, M3, M4 milestones available?
@ 2013-01-22 16:35     ` John Mehaffey
From: John Mehaffey @ 2013-01-22 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: yocto

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Cornel,
>
> In message <
> 33115ABC4887814E8A92A08FBC93416B08DC598A@IRSMSX103.ger.corp.intel.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> > From a QA point of view, we are approaching the 1.4 M3 milestone.
> > Here is what Saul wrote for the latest Full Pass request:
> >
> > "
> > QA Teams:
> >
> > Please do FULL Pass testing on this as a PRE-M3 Full Pass so we have
> > some idea of what's going on.
> >
> > Git Rev: 9eb88ceb39b7d0b8ddc6487e61ce8edadef10ec4
> > "
>
> OK, so we have not reached M3 yet.  Thanks.
>
> Would it not make sense to regularly update the release schedule web
> page [1] so that it also reports the current state?  or is there any
> other web page where such information is present?
>
> [1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Schedule
>

> > 1.4 M2 was kind of blurry because it landed during charismas and new
> > year thus many of us were on vacation.
>
> So what exactly is the git commit ID of the 1.4 M2 milestone release?
> I cannot see any matching tag in the git repository?

Hi Wolfgang,

The M2 and M3 milestones were merged. Please see Liu Song's email on Dec
27, in part: "Yocto Project CCB has approved our request to merge M2 and M3
together. So there won’t be a M2 release and we will be working toward a M3
release for M2 and M3 features by Feb. 7th, 2013"

-mehaf

"

@ 2013-01-22 18:34       ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-01-22 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Mehaffey; +Cc: yocto

Dear John,

In message <CAGOhT_fp04iRBj2PqNJSZJJiOw5qzjyqcTZ0rXuDG_GjvhADoQ@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> The M2 and M3 milestones were merged. Please see Liu Song's email on Dec
> 27, in part: "Yocto Project CCB has approved our request to merge M2 and M3
> together. So there won't be a M2 release and we will be working toward a M3
> release for M2 and M3 features by Feb. 7th, 2013"

Thanks, understood now.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
You don't have to worry about me. I might have been born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night.