* Not able compile bcache-tools source code
@ 2013-01-21 13:19 Nitin Kshirsagar
       [not found] ` <C4B5704C6FEB5244B2A1BCC8CF83B86B0A6257C7C6-AQg6BlXVjylhNUoibfp7lHKnxlUjViKd@public.gmane.org>
From: Nitin Kshirsagar @ 2013-01-21 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi All,

Source code URL: http://bcache.evilpiepirate.org/
Compilation fails:
[root@annu bcache-tools]# ls -1
61-bcache.rules
bcache.c
bcache.h
bcache.o
bcache-test.c
COPYING
initramfs
make-bcache.8
make-bcache.c
Makefile
probe-bcache.8
probe-bcache.c
README
[root@annu bcache-tools]# make
cc -O2 -Wall -g    make-bcache.c bcache.o  -luuid -o make-bcache
make-bcache.c:20:23: error: uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory
make-bcache.c: In function ‘write_sb’:
make-bcache.c:212: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘uuid_unparse’
make-bcache.c:246: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘uuid_generate’
make-bcache.c: In function ‘main’:
make-bcache.c:280: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘uuid_parse’
make: *** [make-bcache] Error 1

--
Thanks & Regards

Nitin Kshirsagar
Software Engr, QA
Cell 997.566.3985

STEC india private Limited, Pune | The SSD Company TM
NASDAQ STEC • Web www.stec-inc.com

PROPRIETARY-CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INCLUDED

This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for use by the recipient named above. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of information received in error is strictly prohibited, and violators will be pursued legally.

* Re: Not able compile bcache-tools source code
       [not found] ` <C4B5704C6FEB5244B2A1BCC8CF83B86B0A6257C7C6-AQg6BlXVjylhNUoibfp7lHKnxlUjViKd@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-01-21 14:27   ` Kent Overstreet
       [not found]     ` <CAC7rs0uCU9B1SP4G4P1Di05hF=hZd1JJkipKd2UFrBBqEG2PBw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Kent Overstreet @ 2013-01-21 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nitin Kshirsagar; +Cc: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

apt-get install libuuid-dev

@ 2013-01-22  5:36       ` Nitin Kshirsagar
       [not found]         ` <C4B5704C6FEB5244B2A1BCC8CF83B86B0A6257C7C7-AQg6BlXVjylhNUoibfp7lHKnxlUjViKd@public.gmane.org>
From: Nitin Kshirsagar @ 2013-01-22  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kent Overstreet; +Cc: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi,

make install fails
[root@annu bcache-tools]# make install
install -m0755 make-bcache	/usr/sbin/
install -m0755 probe-bcache	/sbin/
install -m0644 61-bcache.rules	/lib/udev/rules.d/
install -m0755 initramfs/script /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-premount/bcache
install -m0755 initramfs/hook	/etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/bcache
install: cannot create regular file `/etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/bcache': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

@ 2013-01-22 21:30           ` Kent Overstreet
From: Kent Overstreet @ 2013-01-22 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nitin Kshirsagar; +Cc: Kent Overstreet, linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 01:36:52PM +0800, Nitin Kshirsagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> make install fails
> [root@annu bcache-tools]# make install
> install -m0755 make-bcache	/usr/sbin/
> install -m0755 probe-bcache	/sbin/
> install -m0644 61-bcache.rules	/lib/udev/rules.d/
> install -m0755 initramfs/script /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-premount/bcache
> install -m0755 initramfs/hook	/etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/bcache
> install: cannot create regular file `/etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/bcache': No such file or directory
> make: *** [install] Error 1

That's just the initramfs script for bringing up bcache if your root fs
is a bcache device - if your distro isn't using initramfs, that's fine,
it's nothing to worry about.

I just pushed a patch to ignore errors on those two lines.